• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints targeting Harvin?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You do realize he had a labrum tear in his hip and had surgery just before the season started right? That surgery normally has at least a 6 month recovery time. by all rights he shouldn't have been active the whole season because of it. That he tried to come back after half that time is amazing and shows how hard he worked his ass off just to try and be a part of this team this season. It has still only been 4 months since the surgery?

I know there is a knock on him and who knows if once back from this he has something else come up, but it is far too early to say hang it up IMO. He took two pretty good hits to his head in that last game and since the leagues concussion protocols came online there isn't anyone who wouldn't have been pulled in his situation. We lost a few during the season and never had one miss the next game.

It is more likely that his lack of overall practice has him in near preseason form where we see all kinds of funny things even from vets. He isn't up to post season speed and neither is his body.

I'm sure he will be cleared to play next week and I'm sure Carroll uses him. The question then is how many plays will he go before he gets pulled for something. That will be a question that won't be answered until Sunday.

You could be right. Some players beat the early injury bug & have long careers (Antonio Cromartie, Frank Gore, etc). But with concussion & migraine issues already & missing 21 regular-season games in the last 2 years (in addition to just getting paid a lot of money) I'd hang 'em up if I were in his cleats. JMHO.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. Some players beat the early injury bug & have long careers (Antonio Cromartie, Frank Gore, etc). But with concussion & migraine issues already & missing 21 regular-season games in the last 2 years (in addition to just getting paid a lot of money) I'd hang 'em up if I were in his cleats. JMHO.

That's just it. If you ever hear him speak or listen to what he went through this season just to try and get back you see what an intense competitor he is. He lives for doing this. He won't leave the game until he is told to or no one else will take him.

It's my understanding that he doesn't have the migraines anymore. He did have some virus a few years ago, but this hip thing was kind of a freak deal.

He kind of reminds me of Ken Griffey Jr. Balls out all the time no matter what with no regard for potential injury. You like that kind of competitiveness, but you also worry that he can't take too many injuries.