• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Safties Coach

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would definitely bring a wealth of experience and easily fit into Diaco's system, not sure how much his recruiting prowess should be weighed in his time at Notre Dame. recruiting there is a bit different than the normal job.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having someone who actually has coached a 3-4 before, and with Diaco no less, makes this worthwhile. He will be like an extra DC.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely recommended by Diaco so whatever, I haven't read anything about his recruiting at all so maybe DW will be recruiting all DBs in general

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like it but that's ok

Yeah this bucks the trend of youth and I really don't like "buddy hires".

You find the absolute best coach, not the one you're bestest buds with.

No offense to this guy, but one 63 year old is enough.

Assistant coaches need to be hands on.

He doesn't fit.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having someone who actually has coached a 3-4 before, and with Diaco no less, makes this worthwhile. He will be like an extra DC.

Think of the juxtaposition between Williams running around in cleats and gloves with his CB's doing the drills with them and Elliot standing there with his arms crossed.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of the juxtaposition between Williams running around in cleats and gloves with his CB's doing the drills with them and Elliot standing there with his arms crossed.
Which is precisely why a move like this makes sense. We're assembling a coaching staff, not fielding a team. We've got a lot of great young coaches. Having someone who has been around the block to mentor them will make them better. He will also be able to be up in the box on gameday to be Diaco's eye in the sky.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is very interesting.

After doing some research, he spent 11 seasons as a DC spread out between Iowa, Kansas State, and San Diego State.

4 of those 11 seasons he managed top 10 defenses nationally. He really struggled later on at San Diego State, which is where it gets interesting for me. I wonder how he went from top ranked D's year in and out to bottom 10 ranked D's so fast. Maybe the fit just wasn't right at SDSU.

The amount of experience he brings is incredible. This may be a diamond in the rough kind of hire. Or maybe it will backfire.....we'll see.

This guy was one of the main reasons Kansas State almost won a Natty in the early 2000's.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is very interesting.

After doing some research, he spent 11 seasons as a DC spread out between Iowa, Kansas State, and San Diego State.

4 of those 11 seasons he managed top 10 defenses nationally. He really struggled later on at San Diego State, which is where it gets interesting for me. I wonder how he went from top ranked D's year in and out to bottom 10 ranked D's so fast. Maybe the fit just wasn't right at SDSU.

The amount of experience he brings is incredible. This may be a diamond in the rough kind of hire. Or maybe it will backfire.....we'll see.

This guy was one of the main reasons Kansas State almost won a Natty in the early 2000's.

Well he's just a safties coach.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean at this point how do you not trust Riley? He has made the moves needed to better the team and program. He fired his buddy so I don't think that this hire or anything MR does is not planned out and calculated. I don't think MR gives two shits about who coaches buddy's are so I don't think that it is anything more when a coincidence that he is familiar with Diaco. And the more3-4 coaches we can bring into the fold the better.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There know that you all know my opinion you can all finally get some sleep

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about this staff is that it continues to gain momentum. Improving the little things like those sleep glasses. Or bigger facets like hireing a new DC. I like Riley and I would say this is the best staff we have had since Tom. I do feel like if our oline does not improve the Cab will be gone. We are playing with more depth now and have a QB. I think this is the year we turn the corner. 12 wins big ten championship. Something special is headed our way

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really good short term hire... Elliot will be retiring in a few years and then we can add more youth but getting this transition to the 3-4 right is of utmost importance and Elliot is a great communicator and teacher in that regard. Obviously this is not a long term hire, but Riley knows that success needs to be short sited here. He's got two, maybe three years to get Nebraska into and win the Conference championship.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody see a resemblance?

HCNLXTl5

Natty on a Platter