• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sad news today

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Bowden.. grandson of Bobby was killed in a car wreck a county down from me..

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Bowden's Grandson Dies in Crash That Kills Another | TheLedger.com

WINTER HAVEN | A Boca Raton man is alive after being trapped for hours Thursday inside a vehicle partially submerged in a small ditch on Country Club Road in Winter Haven.

Two other men, including the grandson of former Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden, died in the crash.

Robert Lewis Edwards, 22, was in the back seat of a Mitsubishi that came to rest in the ditch upside down early Thursday morning. Only a portion of the bottom of the car was sticking out of the water.

Rafael Fernandes De Aguiar Valim, 25, of 112 Campbell Drive in Winter Haven was the driver, reports said, and the vehicle was registered to him.

The deceased front-seat passenger is 23-year-old Taylor Jeffrey Bowden of 337 Towhee Road in Winter Haven.

He is the son of Jeff Bowden and Luann Corby.

Deputies were on the scene for almost four hours Thursday morning when members of a dive team removing what they thought was the only person inside heard what sounded like grunting, deputies said.

Minutes later, Edwards, conscious but barely coherent, was pulled out alive.

He was taken to Winter Haven Hospital where he was treated for hypothermia and other injuries. His condition was not immediately available.

bilde

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brien to interview for Houston Texans job?

oops...wrong thread

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is sad news, heart goes out to the Bowden family.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heart goes out to the family. Even though I hate Jeff Bowden for his piss poor work at FSU I would not wish this on his family.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heart goes out to the family. Even though I hate Jeff Bowden for his piss poor work at FSU I would not wish this on his family.
Look up the definition of PRUDENCE and apply it please.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ability to govern and discipline one's self by logic? I said I would not wish it on his family and that my heart goes out to them even WITH his poor work. That would be using logic. I think that maybe you meant Tact. That one was out the window decades ago.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ability to govern and discipline one's self by logic? I said I would not wish it on his family and that my heart goes out to them even WITH his poor work. That would be using logic. I think that maybe you meant Tact. That one was out the window decades ago.
Either way, his poor work should not be mentioned.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very difficult any time of the year, but especially at Christmas. Every Christmas you would remember this tragedy. Sad news indeed.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prudence also is a virtue that dictates holding one's tongue instead of speaking evil:

"Right Reason Applied to Practice":

Aristotle was closer to the truth. As the Catholic Encyclopedia notes, he defined prudence as recta ratio agibilium, "right reason applied to practice." The emphasis on "right" is important. We cannot simply make a decision and then describe it as a "prudential judgment." Prudence requires us to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong. Thus, as Father Hardon writes, "It is the intellectual virtue whereby a human being recognizes in any matter at hand what is good and what is evil." If we mistake the evil for the good, we are not exercising prudence—in fact, we are showing our lack of it.

Research the virtue further it will be well worth your time.