• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Denver

Louie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only knew it because Colin Cowherd was talking about how Pete was one game above .500 in the NFL before going to USC.
Well at least Pete Carroll had a "playoff" record. Just curious, did Saban ever make it to the playoff, as a head coach in the NFL? I'm thinking not.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that was also in an ACC that was even weaker than it is now.

Good teams and a good coach though. It's a shame that Alabama didn't hire him, he wanted to coach at Alabama and people were dumb. I'd have loved to have had him.

Can't say that for Florida St. though in the Bowden Era Heyday....I don't care what was in the conference, every year their OOC schedule included UF with Spurrier, the 'Canes, and the toughest other game they could book...usually on the road. If Bowden believed in ducking comp, he'd have two to three more titles to his name.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say that for Florida St. though in the Bowden Era Heyday....I don't care what was in the conference, every year their OOC schedule included UF with Spurrier, the 'Canes, and the toughest other game they could book...usually on the road. If Bowden believed in ducking comp, he'd have two to three more titles to his name.

My comment was not to some extreme to make out as if Bowden never accomplished anything etc. Far from it, I respect what Florida St did and often use them as a model for what Boise St needs to do.