• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban says fans leaving early hurts recruiting

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather reports are useless in the south.

Hell, a couple weeks ago I checked the weather and it said no rain for 5 days. Cool I thought, time to go wash the car.

Rained the next 5 days.

That is true. It rains when it isn't supposed to and doesn't when it is supposed to.

I think more of the reason is people want to tailgate and/or go to the bars early. Mostly colllege students.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not so much the fans leaving early during blowouts...its the students that have been leaving early. And they're guilty of it a lot especially in the upper deck. Those upper level seats need to stop being given to students and sold to fans cause it looks bad when the very top of one corner is empty and then when one whole section leaves early

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not so much the fans leaving early during blowouts...its the students that have been leaving early. And they're guilty of it a lot especially in the upper deck. Those upper level seats need to stop being given to students and sold to fans cause it looks bad when the very top of one corner is empty and then when one whole section leaves early

Exactly. There has been a lot of talk about taking a lot of the students tickets away and selling them to fans. Hopefully they move forward with that idea soon.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Bama happens to have the #1 recruiting class from every major recruiting website. I don't think fans leaving early is hurting that much.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hurting Nick's ego. How dare they walk out during the middle of his concert. Would you walk out mid way through Skid Row front man Bret Michele's acapella of 18 and life?

It's the same thing.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while at VT, the only game I left early was the game against a&m when a hurricane was rolling through, was soaked to the bone, couldn't stop shivering and was losing my buzz....went to a girls dorm to warm up and shotgun beers with the game on TV :D

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont buy it. It would be nice if fans stayed til the end of the game. I will be honest. I rarely stay when Oregon is up 40 going into the 4th. Why stay?

I definitely am not staying when Oregon is playing Nicholls. Not a second past halftime actually.

Oregon blew out Tennessee, but its Tennessee, so there is a reason to stay.

Alabama has these teams as home games.

Colorado State
Ole Miss
Georgia State
Arkansas
Tennessee
LSU
Chattanooga Nov 23rd

If I am a season ticket holder, this would tick me off. Would you stay or even go to these games? Especially when there are great games on tv at home. That is where I am at with Oregon games that are cupcakes.... Why go???

Conference games, great, dont care how bad they are. Its in conference. As a fan, when it comes to October and November, I want to be attending those conference games. Thats just me. No this isnt a knock on your schedule, rather a debate on Nick's comments on fans attending and staying for games.

Tom Fornelli cBS

When you've won three of the last four national championships, including the last two, and your team is currently 7-0 and winning its games by an average of 31 points per game, it's difficult to find things to get upset about. But don't worry, Nick Saban's found something.

"I've talked about players playing for 60 minutes in the game and competing for 60 minutes in the game," Saban said. "And, in some kind of way, everybody that choses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game.

"Maybe if you're not interested in doing that, you should let someone else go who would really like to go because I have a lot of people who want to go,"

One of the reasons Saban is so concerned about what the stands look like in the fourth quarter is the possible impact it has on visiting recruits.

"We have lots of recruits there, we like to see an enthusiastic full stadium," Saban said. "We have a beautiful stadium and one of the nicest venues in all of college football and I think we all should show our appreciation for it by staying and supporting our team for the whole game."

Looks like an exit strategy to me

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with coach Saben. He put together a great team and people should stay to the end of the game, regardless of the score. That said, it would not be in a team's best interest to have a large number of cup cakes to play. For me, I like to get there 7 hours before the game, set up for tailgating, go to the game, and after the game, re-fire the grill and finish the night off with some bratwurst and beer. Why rush in and rush out and deal with traffic. We got home at 1:30 AM following the Penn State Michigan game. Now THAT was a great day/night.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the dumbest thing ever. Saban has had the #1 recruiting class for like 5 yrs. Great coach, but what a whiny bitch

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer** I am not condoning what he said, It should have been left alone***

With the above said, he is a nationally recognized figure in college football who has reporters around him many times and they ask him all sorts of questions. He has opinions on these questions and he offers them up because we all know Nick is not afraid to speak his mind. What is funny is, we have a thread of people here most of whom are offering their opinions of Nicks opinion(which he was asked a question about) and no one even asked you. Seems a bit hypocritical dont you think. And most of the comments are dripping with hate for the man or envy(because they want him as their coach).

He should have left this one as an internal thought, but I do get his meaning and he is not wrong, especially for teams like Arkansas and Ole miss, when the stands started emptying before halftime for one, and the other in the middle to end of the third.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer** I am not condoning what he said, It should have been left alone***

With the above said, he is a nationally recognized figure in college football who has reporters around him many times and they ask him all sorts of questions. He has opinions on these questions and he offers them up because we all know Nick is not afraid to speak his mind. What is funny is, we have a thread of people here most of whom are offering their opinions of Nicks opinion(which he was asked a question about) and no one even asked you. Seems a bit hypocritical dont you think. And most of the comments are dripping with hate for the man or envy(because they want him as their coach).

He should have left this one as an internal thought, but I do get his meaning and he is not wrong, especially for teams like Arkansas and Ole miss, when the stands started emptying before halftime for one, and the other in the middle to end of the third.

nobody asked you either, but that didn't seem to stop you

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody asked you either, but that didn't seem to stop you

Knew this comment was coming, but why am I any different than you? Except i was merely commenting on the state of the thread. Hate on, it only drives the man further.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the dumbest thing ever. Saban has had the #1 recruiting class for like 5 yrs. Great coach, but what a whiny bitch

Because when recruits come to games, they would rather see a half empty stands than full stands?

And just because he has top recruiting classes, does that mean he gets every recruit he wants?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when recruits come to games, they would rather see a half empty stands than full stands?

And just because he has top recruiting classes, does that mean he gets every recruit he wants?
-
Because he has had a top class basically every yr. How the hell has it hurt him? Is he pissed Peyton Manning has not tried to come to Bama? They are clear #1 in recruiting classes over his tenure. It is a stupid comment. Fans cant leave early if their 5-6 yr old ends up having a bad day in a blow out game? They eat some bad food? They leave a bit early,because their 80 yr old grandfather/father prefers not to fight the crowds?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always get ticked when people who are paid to play or coach call out fans who pay to be there. If they want to pay their $80 bucks a ticket to come late and leave early thats up to them. If he wants to give out free tickets and put a stipulation on the tickets that you have to stay the entire game to use them then fine, but if they paid to get in then he should shut up and say thanks for the $5 Million pay check people.

Of course if he really wants them to watch he could probably take some notes from Tennessee about scheduling better games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Because he has had a top class basically every yr. How the hell has it hurt him? Is he pissed Peyton Manning has not tried to come to Bama? They are clear #1 in recruiting classes over his tenure. It is a stupid comment. Fans cant leave early if their 5-6 yr old ends up having a bad day in a blow out game? They eat some bad food? They leave a bit early,because their 80 yr old grandfather/father prefers not to fight the crowds?

Uh, so being #1 in recruiting services means you can't do any better and you never miss out on recruits in your opinion, and only the extremist of circumstances for people leaving should be considered.

Got it.

:L

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, so being #1 in recruiting services means you can't do any better and you never miss out on recruits in your opinion, and only the extremist of circumstances for people leaving should be considered.

Got it.

:L

Sad

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody even considered, that maybe Nick saban is bored in Tuscaloosa, and he needs/want's something new/challenge. Hmm has anybody ever thought of that! I mean why was his wife looking at real estate in Austin anyways. Retirement? maybe yes, Austin is made for that.