• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, another Sabs thread, if you don't like it..... Then start tweeting your coach and tell him to stop,embarrassing the best program in CFB.

Until then, DEAL WITH IT!

Bama fans are crying and complaining so much about these threads it's hilarious. They're like pouty little kids. Everyone else considers it fresh meat, something that has been added that wasn't there before, and legitimate talking points.

Bama fans say that everyone is just a hater and coaches that speak out against the rule are only trying to protect their style of play......REALLY... like Saban isn't doing the exact same thing. Yeah, Right!!!

Bama fans try to tell us that these types of posts do nothing but give the Hoop a black eye because of some kind of self ordained judge and jury based, I suppose, on the fact they have won so many NC's lately, and thinking they have the last say in things. It's laughable.

What is really taking place is that Bama fans are getting tired and worn out defending their coach, who seems hell bent on digging himself deeper and deeper with some made up justification. Hey, I'd get tired of defending my coach too under similar circumstances.

If they really wanted these threads to go away they would just ignore them and stop posting in them. But they just cant do that, being Alabama fans and all. You know, this misplaced notion of honor en sech.

Now, Bama fans will come in and insult me and call me names and tell me how wrong I am about Saban
In 3,2,1........
:lol:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans are crying and complaining so much about these threads it's hilarious. They're like pouty little kids. Everyone else considers it fresh meat, something that has been added that wasn't there before, and legitimate talking points.

Bama fans say that everyone is just a hater and coaches that speak out against the rule are only trying to protect their style of play......REALLY... like Saban isn't doing the exact same thing. Yeah, Right!!!

Bama fans try to tell us that these types of posts do nothing but give the Hoop a black eye because of some kind of self ordained judge and jury based, I suppose, on the fact they have won so many NC's lately, and thinking they have the last say in things. It's laughable.

What is really taking place is that Bama fans are getting tired and worn out defending their coach, who seems hell bent on digging himself deeper and deeper with some made up justification. Hey, I'd get tired of defending my coach too under similar circumstances.

If they really wanted these threads to go away they would just ignore them and stop posting in them. But they just cant do that, being Alabama fans and all. You know, this misplaced notion of honor en sech.

Now, Bama fans will come in and insult me and call me names and tell me how wrong I am about Saban
In 3,2,1........
:lol:

And I present as exhibit A an example of the new shit on SportsHoopla that 4down is talking about. Attack the fan base. Yea, that's classic maneuver three in the book! :rollseyes: Was this copied and pasted from any of the other 10 threads about this subject? I don't blame you 4down and the "you know who's" will not agree but you're a good poster and I've hated to see you find other forums.

By the way, I see someone mention Bama hate or jealousy like 1 out of 10 posts, if that, and that's all you seem to have? I guess it's just easy to write? :noidea:

For the record 4down is talking about the style in general not specifics. People continue to attack the fans or get personal, much like you did above instead of write intelligently about the issue. The article is well written and backed by a very qualified doctor yet you choose to ignore all that and just write blah blah blah attacks.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban is so worried about player safety, why isn't he asking for a ban on full-contact practices?
... or banning full-contact spring games?
... or penalizing any player who lower their head in the game?
... or creating a study to improve player safety with an improvement in football equipment?

Naw, he just wants to slow down the offense.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban is so worried about player safety, why doesn't he want to ban overweight players from the field?
... or require players to be able to go 3 minutes without needing to rest?
re: Terrence Cody.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prime example of why this forum is shit now. Did you even read the article before you decided to blast Saban and Alabama? He hasn't embarrassed me at all, and all I have ever heard about this topic from the "other side" is a bunch of logical fallacies that promote ignorance.

Pretty sad that the Politics forum is more bearable and has less hypocrisy than the college football forums now. Everyone here keeps trying to shift the focus to Saban, but the real truth of the matter is you are all just trying to protect the style of football your team has shifted to in recent history.

Maybe if you guys get your shit together and start measuring the quality of this forum based on the intelligence level of the discussions rather than "Oh this thread is going to be good, Jimmies are rustled", it won't be a bunch of shit.

Quite amazing how quickly my opinion of this section and the people moderating it has dropped. I once looked forward to opening this section, now I mostly avoid even reading it.

Highlights from the article:

Yeah, he's just a doctor who has been around the game for 30 years. He wouldn't know shit about the topic would he? Oh because it's not about the facts or logical conclusions, it's all about "my team does this, so I support this" while at the same time being a hypocrite and claiming that it's just Saban doing this and that he can't adapt(despite being the most successful coach/team since 2008 when the spotting rules changed all this to begin with).

And oh yeah, let's not forget this little tidbit. But again, lets ignore it and blame Saban/Alabama.

It's fucking pathetic. Get your shit together hoop.

The door is thatta way. Bye!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that a guy who has been a consultant to the NFLPA would make those kinds of statements re: player safety. It's basically his job. I'm not saying that discredits any thing he said, it's "duh" logic: playing more plays increases the likelihood of an injury, i.e., more exposure to injury. I don't know how anybody could dispute that statement.

The question then becomes, how do they empirically state that the increased number of plays for any given team, or in any given year, actually caused more injuries? That will be much harder to show.

Dr. Bailles even admits "we need to study it more." Leaving the door open for anyone to say, "nothing's been proven yet."

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban is so worried about player safety, why isn't he asking for a ban on full-contact practices?
... or banning full-contact spring games?
... or penalizing any player who lower their head in the game?
... or creating a study to improve player safety with an improvement in football equipment?

Naw, he just wants to slow down the offense.

There is a balance in this important issue. You don't take it all the way to playing flag football but I think a request to review if running 30 more plays a game against tired players is a cause for concern and a legitimate study? The qualified doctor seems to think so.

Also, pretty sure your entire list is being looked at or considered. I have a question for you and many others. Why don't your coaches give a shit? :noidea:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Dr Bailes admitting there is no study on hunh offenses and player safety supports sabans stance of......hunh is bad for player safety. What he DID say is an actual study indicates a player is more likely to be injured in a game than practice. Then, makes an assumption that more expore = more risk. That article really butchere that Drs interview.

Now, for the whiners that want all saban/bama talk censured, please contact saban and beg him to stay away from the media in the offseason. And, for those too dense to realize it, the talk in here mirrors what the media, coaches and other websites are feeling about this issue. So, if failing at censuring this site, please feel free to find one that will let you. Maybe a bama homer only site is better suited for a tiny few of you.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that a guy who has been a consultant to the NFLPA would make those kinds of statements re: player safety. It's basically his job. I'm not saying that discredits any thing he said, it's "duh" logic: playing more plays increases the likelihood of an injury, i.e., more exposure to injury. I don't know how anybody could dispute that statement.

The question then becomes, how do they empirically state that the increased number of plays for any given team, or in any given year, actually caused more injuries? That will be much harder to show.

Dr. Bailles even admits "we need to study it more." Leaving the door open for anyone to say, "nothing's been proven yet."

Hell, playing football increasing the chance of injury, both short term and long term. Playing any sports increases the chance of injury. Even talking about sports, especially in an opposing fan's bar, increases the chance of injury.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old "I have nothing," so if you don't like it get your ass out approach. A classic! :rollseyes:

By the way he pretty much has. :nod:

He will not be sadly missed. A lot of our posters pull up in the offseason. I guess this time around its only due to people discussing saban/bama.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Dr Bailes admitting there is no study on hunh offenses and player safety supports sabans stance of......hunh is bad for player safety. What he DID say is an actual study indicates a player is more likely to be injured in a game than practice. Then, makes an assumption that more expore = more risk. That article really butchere that Drs interview.

Now, for the whiners that want all saban/bama talk censured, please contact saban and beg him to stay away from the media in the offseason. And, for those too dense to realize it, the talk in here mirrors what the media, coaches and other websites are feeling about this issue. So, if failing at censuring this site, please feel free to find one that will let you. Maybe a bama homer only site is better suited for a tiny few of you.

Who said censored? I would just appreciate two words or sentences put together to make an intelligent point about the issue. It does make sense. Instead I've learned new name calling phrases. Very creative! It's also about the defense and lets not pretend it isn't. Saban even said so but y'all were too busy just blasting his safety issue backed by a very qualified doctor to mention that.

I hardly even see much on this in the real world. Yes, an occasional mention but very small part of the reporting. I got a better idea instead of avoiding all the media and stuff. Just create one gigantic thread in the TB and all you people with negative lives can go in there and bitch away. Just have one big party! :suds: All the threads are basically troll threads by definition. Even one calls itself one. Yet none of them combined and non of them in TB. Betting you certain other threads about certain other teams would have been put in there and probably in less than a day! :whistle:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will not be sadly missed. A lot of our posters pull up in the offseason. I guess this time around its only due to people discussing saban/bama.

Yes he will and he writes better than 90 percent in here! :clap:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, playing football increasing the chance of injury, both short term and long term. Playing any sports increases the chance of injury. Even talking about sports, especially in an opposing fan's bar, increases the chance of injury.

Ban all that shit.

And, the players should sue saban for lobbying for an entire extra game. Wonder how many extra plays that game will cause.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I present as exhibit A an example of the new shit on SportsHoopla that 4down is talking about. Attack the fan base. Yea, that's classic maneuver three in the book! :rollseyes: Was this copied and pasted from any of the other 10 threads about this subject? I don't blame you 4down and the "you know who's" will not agree but you're a good poster and I've hated to see you find other forums.

By the way, I see someone mention Bama hate or jealousy like 1 out of 10 posts, if that, and that's all you seem to have? I guess it's just easy to write? :noidea:

For the record 4down is talking about the style in general not specifics. People continue to attack the fans or get personal, much like you did above instead of write intelligently about the issue. The article is well written and backed by a very qualified doctor yet you choose to ignore all that and just write blah blah blah attacks.

Are you being serious with this post? You and a couple of other Bama fans have been calling people haters and jealous, etc. for pointing out the hypocrisy and dumb statements made by your coach. You have attacked a style of football that some may prefer and/or their team plays as not being "real football" or "good football" simply because it's a style that you and your coach don't like. Sorry, but you are no less guilty of what you accuse other posters of than they are.

Like it or not, Saban never should have opened his mouth on this subject. There is simply no way for him to come off looking like anything other than self-serving.

As for his contention about the NFL's pace of play. Even when the college football playoff starts, the highest number of games a college team will play is 15 (assuming a Hawaii game and making it to the NC). An NFL regular season is 16 games. When you add in exhibition games (which college does not have) and playoffs, teams that make the Super Bowl can play as many as 23-24 games. How many more snaps is that than college even if everyone ran hunh? Neither Saban, nor the good doctor address this?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you being serious with this post? You and a couple of other Bama fans have been calling people haters and jealous, etc. for pointing out the hypocrisy and dumb statements made by your coach. You have attacked a style of football that some may prefer and/or their team plays as not being "real football" or "good football" simply because it's a style that you and your coach don't like. Sorry, but you are no less guilty of what you accuse other posters of than they are.

Like it or not, Saban never should have opened his mouth on this subject. There is simply no way for him to come off looking like anything other than self-serving.

As for his contention about the NFL's pace of play. Even when the college football playoff starts, the highest number of games a college team will play is 15 (assuming a Hawaii game and making it to the NC). An NFL regular season is 16 games. When you add in exhibition games (which college does not have) and playoffs, teams that make the Super Bowl can play as many as 23-24 games. How many more snaps is that than college even if everyone ran hunh? Neither Saban, nor the good doctor address this?

Oh, oh, somebody is looking at the big picture.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said censored? I would just appreciate two words or sentences put together to make an intelligent point about the issue. It does make sense. Instead I've learned new name calling phrases. Very creative! It's also about the defense and lets not pretend it isn't. Saban even said so but y'all were too busy just blasting his safety issue backed by a very qualified doctor to mention that.

I hardly even see much on this in the real world. Yes, an occasional mention but very small part of the reporting. I got a better idea instead of avoiding all the media and stuff. Just create one gigantic thread in the TB and all you people with negative lives can go in there and bitch away. Just have one big party! :suds: All the threads are basically troll threads by definition. Even one calls itself one. Yet none of them combined and non of them in TB. Betting you certain other threads about certain other teams would have been put in there and probably in less than a day! :whistle:

Do I really need to quote all of your posts containing personal attacks and insults?

Maybe you should switch allegiance to a team with less current success so you can deal. The canes might be a great choice for you. Nobody gives a shit about them, and they have a terrible coaching problem. :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that you don't seem to consider any viewpoint that doesn't agree with yours to be intelligent.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are discussing football.

Bamatee. All you discuss is unfair treatment with your whining and make things personal.

Defend your stance all u want.

But seriously, enough of turning every thread about the hottest topic in CFB into your personal soapbox rant about who does what and who says this or that.

Try staying on topic. I know you can.

We all know you are steadfast in your opinion on the matter and are adimment of your defense on these matters. Stick to that.

Posting an article with a quote from Sabs where he likens 20 more football plays a game to smoking cigs.... That is news and discussion worthy.

Nearly Everyone outside of T Town finds Sabs public meltdown/backtracking quite entertaining.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word. That's a study I'd be willing to undertake myself. I'll need a $100K research grant and the addresses of all team-oriented pubs and restaurants in order to conduct my study.