• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do we think that means something? I don't want to read the whole thread to see how we arrived here...

It sounds like some people think it's better to get 8 yards and throw your WR into a tackle, instead of getting 9 yards and throwing your WR into 6 yards of free grass.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like some people think it's better to get 8 yards and throw your WR into a tackle, instead of getting 9 yards and throwing your WR into 6 yards of free grass.

Yeah....I've heard a lot about this over the years as a criticism of Brady. I don't understand why a "big arm" is more important than winning. A lot of people must consider Jeff George the greatest QB of all-time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so things happened out of his control after gaining a late lead? Interesting that excuse works for rivers, but not for Wilson.

No Wilson had the ball in his hands and then he put it in the opponent's hands actually. It was seen by millions of people.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you people are brainwashed...I watched the start of last night's game and the d-bag announcing states when the Seahawk's O took the field, "Russell Wilson is 8-1 vs the 49ers". What a pile of horse shit...the Seahawks are 8-1 vs the 49ers when Wilson starts...reality is Wilson has never played the 49ers without teammates and when I check the standings there are no standings for Russell Wilson...

Net result is QBs get too much credit for the wins and too much blame for the losses, it's a team game and the douche bags saying shit like this on the air need a punch to the junk.

You are wrong. In baseball, the pitchers get wins and losses. In hockey, the goalie gets wins and losses(and shitty ties), In football, the QB gets wins and losses. He's the guy that touches the ball on every play and has the most to do with the outcome of the game. But you know this....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Rivers has a higher YPA because he places the ball better. And leads all passers by over 300 yards.

In each of his first 3 full years, Wilson has had a better ypa than Rivers. Does that mean that Wilson was "placing the ball" better?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would have been the game winner if his kicker doesn't blow it. He threw two picks against a good defense that day too, without digging much more it probably wasn't his best outing, although he threw 40 times for 300 and had to do it all himself as Tomlinson ran 12 times for 24 yards and they had less than 60 yards rushing total. Completely different than if he was just sitting back on the Seahawks not having to do much.

Okay...you've kinda excused away one of the losses...do you wanna take a stab at another one? LOL.

I'm kidding...Rivers is a great QB, but when you said "3 SBs with that team or something to that effect), you struck a chord and I had to look back...most of the losses were actually pretty close games.

He's not ideal, RW does it differently than the big tall QBs that can stand in the pocket and wing it 35 times and win games...but RW is a player, the team responds to him...remember this team was mostly in place looking for a QB...that's why they paid Flynn a buncha cash....none of these young guys are worth these huge contracts today, but hey...I would rather see them make it than owners buying another f---ing yacht or something.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Rivers knows how to run an offense and Wilson just throws it up hoping his WRs come down with it after he runs out of the pocket? Yeah that's mostly the point here.

Yes its an easy job when you are throwing to all time greats like Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong. In baseball, the pitchers get wins and losses. In hockey, the goalie gets wins and losses(and shitty ties), In football, the QB gets wins and losses. He's the guy that touches the ball on every play and has the most to do with the outcome of the game. But you know this....

This is mostly right...the QB is kinda charged with wins and losses, but OFC production is the name of the game for a QB...you can win games with poor OFC production and lose your job (See A. Smith in SF), but it's rare to put up good OFC production and lose your job as a QB regardless of whether you're winning or not. See Matt Ryan ATL.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail...you show me any time a QB takes the field without teammates and I'll then believe you...while stats are kept for individual players at individual positions, there aren't many players who don't have a goal of winning a championship...in fact, if you can point any out to me, I'll show you what a loser is.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Situation A: Hello, I'm Tom Brady. I played for the New England Patriots. We won a lot of games, and managed to win 4 out of 6 Super Bowls we attended. I also broke quite a few passing records.

Situation B: Hello, I'm Tom Brady. I played for the Oakland Raiders. Unfortunately, we didn't win too many games. We only made the playoffs a couple of times throughout my career and never made it past the divisional round. I managed to break quite a few passing records though.

Still the same player. People get so blinded by rings it's ridiculous.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail...you show me any time a QB takes the field without teammates and I'll then believe you...while stats are kept for individual players at individual positions, there aren't many players who don't have a goal of winning a championship...in fact, if you can point any out to me, I'll show you what a loser is.
Yet when Wilson throws for 12 YPA against a top three pass defense in the SB while throwing to a #1 receiver who spent the off season working at Foot Locker, and a group of receivers who were entirely undrafted, then all of a sudden teammates are irrelevant.

It's the classic Wilson hater double standard. Teammates are everything to a QB when one is talking about defense but irrelevant when they are WRs or OLs (you know, the people on the field with the QB).

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When do goalies or pitchers take the ice/field alone? QB's get the wins and losses assigned to them. That's just how it goes. Nobody has a bigger impact on the outcome of a game than the 2 QB's. That's why it was always Brady v. Manning rather than Dillon v. Addai or Ben Watson v. Dallas Clark etc...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses attributed to a sole player in a team sport is probably one of the most useless stats ever decided. Stupid.

A pitcher can have an ERA of under 2, and have 15 losses if the offense doesn't score. Especially in the AL with the DH where the pitcher does not bat, he loses even more control over W's and L's.

A QB can throw for 3 TD's a game, and over 400 yards a game, but if the defense gives up 5 TD's a game, the QB's going to be saddled with a lot of losses.

One of the most useless stats in sports when used in a team setting.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is very weird (if it is true). A great pitcher can win the game by himself. A great goalie can stand on his head and win the game or series by himself. A great QB cannot win the game by himself.

Also, a pitcher can easily lose the game by giving up 3-4 HRs in an inning. A goalie can easily lose the game by giving up 3-4 goals in 10 minutes. A team can still win if it's QB is shitty and throwing INTs.

Basically, I find it dumb that team wins are awarded to QBs (if it is true, which I doubt). Wins awarded to pitchers and goalies make sense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moab...we all know football is a team game and there is no official stat for QB specific wins or losses, as in MLB...but we can find official records for team specific wins and losses...that's a given...the leader of the team is the QB and they are associated with the results...good or bad...kind of goes hand in hand with QBs get too much credit and blame for the outcome of a game.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses attributed to a sole player in a team sport is probably one of the most useless stats ever decided. Stupid.

A pitcher can have an ERA of under 2, and have 15 losses if the offense doesn't score. Especially in the AL with the DH where the pitcher does not bat, he loses even more control over W's and L's.

A QB can throw for 3 TD's a game, and over 400 yards a game, but if the defense gives up 5 TD's a game, the QB's going to be saddled with a lot of losses.

One of the most useless stats in sports when used in a team setting.

This. Football wins cannot be attributed to a player. Anyone who does that is an idiot.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is very weird (if it is true). A great pitcher can win the game by himself. A great goalie can stand on his head and win the game or series by himself. A great QB cannot win the game by himself.

Also, a pitcher can easily lose the game by giving up 3-4 HRs in an inning. A goalie can easily lose the game by giving up 3-4 goals in 10 minutes. A team can still win if it's QB is shitty and throwing INTs.

Basically, I find it dumb that team wins are awarded to QBs (if it is true, which I doubt). Wins awarded to pitchers and goalies make sense.
ive seen it

Titans vs. Patriots - Box Score - October 18, 2009 - ESPN

titans QB's

2-14

-7 yards

2 picks

only guy to show up was chris johnson

brady throws 6 TD's

snow game