• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Okung

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung is with the Broncos today for a visit. Depending on how much he is wanting if he is a reasonable cost good chance the Broncos try to sign him and then cut Clady.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung is with the Broncos today for a visit. Depending on how much he is wanting if he is a reasonable cost good chance the Broncos try to sign him and then cut Clady.

We've noticed, getting kind of use to Okung visiting teams, Broncos are the fourth.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've noticed, getting kind of use to Okung visiting teams, Broncos are the fourth.

Like I've said in the past, I think not having an agent is going to hurt him...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad seeing what's happening to him... He has absolutely no leverage... One of the last LT's standing and it's not in his favor...

Agreed! He might of thought this would be an open/closed case finding a team but his injuries and lack of an agents advise is really hurting him. The longer this goes, the more money he's going to lose.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! He might of thought this would be an open/closed case finding a team but his injuries and lack of an agents advise is really hurting him. The longer this goes, the more money he's going to lose.

Hard to say if repping himself hurt him or if it simply his injury history. Think he still may find someone to pay him 5-7 million. Broncos have Clady as LT, he's a 10 million cap hit coming off a ACL I believe. Broncos can cut him after June 1st for a measly 600,000 dead money. So cut Clady after June, sign Okung for say 5 million or maybe 6 million. Just speculating of course, but the point I'm making is that some guys are getting cut June 1st and that may be when Okung gets a contract or not.

Last edited:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've said in the past, I think not having an agent is going to hurt him...
I disagree buddy.
GM's are in the hunt for talent always. Always trying to beat the other GM to the deal.
If you were a GM that really wanted Okung, are you going to let him shop his wares across the league or are you going to give him enough to sign a deal right now?
If I was a Gm and was willing to pay Okung market price, his choice not to have an agent might even play into my own hands. I am making the deal if he is what I want.
Okung's continued search indicates the market is saying otherwise.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't like it but the Hawks would Match a 6 million offer. Okung is just another injury waiting to happen. Someone needs to offer i believe 8+ to take him away. Okung is not worth 8 million let alone 6 if you ask me. He averages what 9 to 10 games a season?

cant see paying that much money for a part time player that is only a average LT if even that right now. Yes it would suck to have to replace both Sweezy and Okung but hey maybe this will be the straw that breaks the Camels back and they cut ties with Cable lol.

Chris Morgan took a 26th ranked oline with little talent and turned them into a top 4 Oline. THATS Coaching right there.

I say go out and hire T.J. Woods from Oregon :P, Dude is a genius Oline coach.

Last edited:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't like it but the Hawks would Match a 6 million offer. Okung is just another injury waiting to happen. Someone needs to offer i believe 8+ to take him away. Okung is not worth 8 million let alone 6 if you ask me. He averages what 9 to 10 games a season?

cant see paying that much money for a part time player that is only a average LT if even that right now.
RO averages closer to 12 games a season. That is still about a 25% loss in his attendance. Pretty bad IMO.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RO averages closer to 12 games a season. That is still about a 25% loss in his attendance. Pretty bad IMO.

i look at it like this, First 3 seasons 12+ games per year. last 3 season Under 12 games per year. Next 3 years i think he drops even more as he ages and becomes even more injury-prone than he is now. He has been so beat up his best years are behind him and the injuries are stacking up. Heck watch how he got injured this last time and you will just shake your head and say "HOW?"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wanted to add that Russell Okung is looking for $11-13m a YEAR lol if he gets that type of offer i HOPE TO GOD they let him walk. He isn't even CLOSE to worth that.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncs signed Stephenson for 3 years - $14 million so I am assuming they are off the market now.

Looks like Okung back on a one year deal is certainly probable now. I don't know if there are any teams left with need and cap space for him now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncs signed Stephenson for 3 years - $14 million so I am assuming they are off the market now.

Looks like Okung back on a one year deal is certainly probable now. I don't know if there are any teams left with need and cap space for him now.
Giants and Lions for now. After June 1 other teams will likely have some cap room.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a week ago and they appear to be still in the market for a OL.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't bang on Okung too much for what's happening here. We can point to his choice to represent himself as the reason he's still on the market, but we'll never really know...and it doesn't change the fact that he's been injured frequently and also coming off injury. If I were him, I would probably enjoy a few of these all-expenses-paid trips as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't make that assumption. To me it is for the Broncos more of a who starts at LT Clady or Okung kind of situation. As injury prone as Okung has been it compares nothing to what Clady has missed. At least your guy promises to play for half the season. Ours misses entire seasons at a huge cap hit.

Also on the June 1st cuts...My guess is if the Broncos cut Clady they would not wait until June 1st to do it. Okung will be signed by then either to a long-term deal or a 1-year prove it deal. His money goes down the longer he waits and for the Broncos they can't afford to sign Okung and have Clady on the books until June 1st. My guess is either Okung is signed by the Broncos in the next 2-days or they figure out a contract restructure with Clady by then.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos just signed him for 5 years - 12 million a year. Holy fuck. Good luck with that Broncos. The guy has granny ankles and will be out 25% or more a season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years $53M is a bit much. Not so much on the contract amount but the length.

Okung is still one of the most athletically gifted OTs in the NFL and when healthy is a positively graded player so I have to give them a positive grade for that. However, he's injury prone, is going to be 29 meaning he'll be signed through 34 which doesn't bode well.

I dislike the contract length more than the player and while Okung has been on the field more the last few seasons than Clady, I'm not sure it's that great.

C grade. A if Okung stays healthy for 80 games (not counting playoffs) as $10M for a tackle of his talent is a steal, but given past history it's a long shot, moving that to an average C.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait til the contract details come out. How much guaranteed? Is it back loaded? That sort of thing. Contracts like this sometimes sound much bigger than they really are.