• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Okung

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Okung truly wants to stay in Seattle. I don't think he is going to take some huge hometown discount per se but given what I've read of his interviews, he's really made Seattle his home and he wants to stay here. So unless someone comes in and blows him away, I think he will likely prefer to stay in the Pac NW.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised, Steelers are tight on cap space. A bit over 3 million and they need that for the draft.
We have lots of ways to make money space. We haven't started our annual Pushing of the Salary yet. We always send some base salary into bonus for future years.

Also, we have a bit of dead weight to cut. Cortez Allen sends a good bit of money off the books when he takes a pay cut or gets his June 1 walking papers.

This could be the year Ben gets an extension to bring his $24MM hit down. Same with Timmons and Brown with their large hits.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung is a Average LT "AT BEST" now with ABOVE average health issues. I hope The Steelers sign him lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung is a Average LT "AT BEST" now with ABOVE average health issues. I hope The Steelers sign him lol.

Guess opinions vary about how good Okung is. I think he's above average myself. Still though he's better then anyone else the Seahawks can sign. Now I want the Seahawks to use their first pick on a LT, but we all know they like to draft BPA, so it's far from a given they use that first pick on LT and even if they do.....will he be a gem or a bust? They haven't had the best of luck drafting OL have they?
Besides Rookie LT need time to adjust to the NFL. Just look at the last 3 years and see how LT drafted high have done. Better not to have to throw them in the fire right off IMO, also better to have a fall back if he busts.

I'm really hoping OKung is back.:hope:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess opinions vary about how good Okung is. I think he's above average myself. Still though he's better then anyone else the Seahawks can sign. Now I want the Seahawks to use their first pick on a LT, but we all know they like to draft BPA, so it's far from a given they use that first pick on LT and even if they do.....will he be a gem or a bust? They haven't had the best of luck drafting OL have they?
Besides Rookie LT need time to adjust to the NFL. Just look at the last 3 years and see how LT drafted high have done. Better not to have to throw them in the fire right off IMO, also better to have a fall back if he busts.

Steelers offered Okung a contract and still haven't heard anything since. Maybe Seattle's strong offer is still in the lead, but who knows at this point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers offered Okung a contract and still haven't heard anything since. Maybe Seattle's strong offer is still in the lead, but who knows at this point.
It's a waiting game, I figure nobody offer anything that convinced him it sign right away, so he could very well be back.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a waiting game, I figure nobody offer anything that convinced him it sign right away, so he could very well be back.

Makes me think Seattle still has the best offer on the table. I think the Giants are next on his lists of stops.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me think Seattle still has the best offer on the table. I think the Giants are next on his lists of stops.
I think they were the first stop actual, don't think he got a offer from them. Lions did make a offer, as did the Steelers.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%... He's the best OL we have, let alone one of the better FA's available atm...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong, he did get a offer from the Giants.

Interesting, I missed that one about the Giants offer. Most FA's walk out with one of the offers happily signed but Okung still hasn't decided which tells me Seattle is still in good position to retain him. I wonder if he'll see what SF has to offer him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I missed that one about the Giants offer. Most FA's walk out with one of the offers happily signed but Okung still hasn't decided which tells me Seattle is still in good position to retain him. I wonder if he'll see what SF has to offer him.

Heard the 49ers reached out to him, but it must of been for a RT, because they've got a good LT. No visit was set so I'm guessing he wasn't interested. Glad of that, 49ers have lots of cap space . Besides I would hate to see him go to the 49ers.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the 49ers reached out to him, but it must of been for a RT, because they've got a good LT. No visit was set so I'm guessing he wasn't interested. Glad of that, 49ers have lots of cap space . Besides I would hate to see him go to the 49ers.

It would look a bit strange seeing Okung's name on a red and gold jersey.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to know what we offered him. Until we cut Marshawn Lynch, we're only at $5.5 million cap - so can't imagine that offer was big - or that it was highly back loaded with little guaranteed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to know what we offered him. Until we cut Marshawn Lynch, we're only at $5.5 million cap - so can't imagine that offer was big - or that it was highly back loaded with little guaranteed.

Just checked both over the cap and spotrac and they say 11 million with Lynch on the roster.