• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russel Westbrooks Greatness Will Be Decided

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we playing.
The game is on.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I curse all the time on the POLITICS forum.

That is a cesspool of anger not for the feint of heart. Nothing ever gets accomplished in that forum.
If you don't curse and rage, you get swallowed up in craziness

The NBA forum is probably the politest and most content driven forum.

It probably comes the closest in achieving the goal of being a friendly group of fans who love something.

There is little need to curse in the NBA forums.
You only dislike the politics forum because you suck there. If you had a better grasp of national and world events you might enjoy it.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only dislike the politics forum because you suck there. If you had a better grasp of national and world events you might enjoy it.

i dislike politics because i get attacked without creedance.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly winning matters.
He could still be in Oscar Robertson, Stockton/Malone, Barkley, etc level rating without titles.

No he wont and especially not for one season. If he never wins a titles and has almost of decade of this play (not saying averaging a triple double but elite play) then he could be close to those guys. Oscar is top 10 though, he is on a whole different level than those other guys listed

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut your bittch ass up
giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying a guy has to be on a championship winning team to be considered great is ridiculous.

Normally I would agree with this comment.

However, given the list of players some on here are trying to compare Russ to, it absolutely applies in this case. Especially since, IMO the same motor that drove Russ to a triple double average is the single biggest reason he never won a ring with Durant.

But, if Russ continues to play like he did last night in the playoffs (6-23, 9 TOs vs 7 assists), it will silence even his most ardent supporters. Regular season numbers are meaningless if you can't back them up in the playoffs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree with this comment.

However, given the list of players some on here are trying to compare Russ to, it absolutely applies in this case. Especially since, IMO the same motor that drove Russ to a triple double average is the single biggest reason he never won a ring with Durant.

But, if Russ continues to play like he did last night in the playoffs (6-23, 9 TOs vs 7 assists), it will silence even his most ardent supporters. Regular season numbers are meaningless if you can't back them up in the playoffs.
Sorry but being great doesn't mean you need to win a championship to validate yourself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but being great doesn't mean you need to win a championship to validate yourself.

He still isn't helping his case in his first go-around. When you average a triple-double in the regular season and shit the bed in the playoffs you will not be an all-time great player. Still gotta perform when the stakes are high, all that being said, it was one game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree mostly. Not is Russ' case though. He needs to show that he can lead a team past the point where their roster should be able to go. He has never done that. Not even this year, unless he can get OKC past Houston. OKC has never overachieved during the entire time Russ has been there. Remember, they won 2 more games than their Vegas projection. That is insignificant, IMO.

Call me a homer if you want, but if I am starting a franchise I will take John Wall over Russ any day. They are both highly explosive athletes. The difference is that Russ expends energy to produce stats while Wall does more little things to help his team win (like defense, earlying the ball up in non assist situations, etc.)