• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: RRSO | #12 OU(4-1) v. TEXAS(3-2) | 2:30CT | ESPN

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just now able to sit down and rewatch the no-huddle of the game from today. I've done the same of every game this season.

All I can say is this:

I have no idea who is responsible, but the past 3 games have been the most blatant, egregious and slanted officiating I have ever witnessed in my life.

So many uncalled holds today by the dongers I can't even....

All I can say is this: I hope it's about money and you're getting something for your effort. Whoever benefits from this shit, what little victories or an actual victory you enjoy is hollow as fuck. Likewise, if OU won you must REALLY FUCKING suck to have had all that goddamned help and not be able to win.

FUCK you Big XII. Can't wait to get out of this shitty thing.

I seriously could not believe my eyes. I've never seen it so blatantly obvious as it was yesterday. It was mind numbing.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baker.0.gif

Shawn Oakman would be proud.
Literally still throwing the ball when the defender lept. Funny how you can see video footage and still argue. Laughable

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We held the shit out of OU. That's a scientific fact. Sorry not sorry.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me guess.......no penalty on that play?

No penalty on that play even though it was a head shot on a defenseless QB.

Oklahoma was called for a pretty crummy shot to the head of Ehlinger that was called. The guy was in the air when the ball was thrown and he came down on an upright Ehlinger and was holding his hands up so as not to be flagged when he bitch slapped Ehlinger. Ehlinger just stood there. I don't even think Ehlinger moved back from the impact. FLAG!!!!

Hang on. Read the NCAA's targeting rule.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo did I miss anything in this thread?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ehlinger is on the fast track to be the next David Ash. No way is he going to hold up running the ball 20 times a game.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard played game by each team.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn leave it to the sooners to go all victim even when they win.

The Big 12 calls holding on nobody.

Big 12 refs suck, always have. About time you fuckers get a taste of it too. You will really realize it more when your team isn't that great and a bad call is more than your shit team can overcome.

At several points throughout the last few years I have felt there was some conspiracy against Texas funded by our own big money donors to get rid of Strong.

I've come to realize, the officials are just bad.

However, if you watch, all across college football it's pretty bad.

I've got a buddy who is an official for high level Texas HS football, he says they can't get competent people to call games anymore.

I would imagine if a football crazy state like Texas can't get people to officiate anymore, the recruiting pool for NCAA is pretty bad too.

Holding and pass interference are the main two things replay booths can't bail out the officials for anymore and those 2 things are just terrible in college football right now.

Personally, I think it's a concerted effort to increase offense. I hate it. Offenses don't need any help anymore.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. The rest of the Big 12 has been bitching about all the holding OU and Tech have gotten away with for years. We just finally got an OL coach who teaches the same bull shit tactic. Probably for different reasons though, we are down 3 starters and can't block a 3 man rush without holding.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. The rest of the Big 12 has been bitching about all the holding OU and Tech have gotten away with for years. We just finally got an OL coach who teaches the same bull shit tactic. Probably for different reasons though, we are down 3 starters and can't block a 3 man rush without holding.

Bull shit. Your guys got away with flat out tackling our rushers the entire second half. Fucking disgraceful.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn leave it to the sooners to go all victim even when they win.

The Big 12 calls holding on nobody.

Big 12 refs suck, always have. About time you fuckers get a taste of it too. You will really realize it more when your team isn't that great and a bad call is more than your shit team can overcome.

At several points throughout the last few years I have felt there was some conspiracy against Texas funded by our own big money donors to get rid of Strong.

I've come to realize, the officials are just bad.

However, if you watch, all across college football it's pretty bad.

I've got a buddy who is an official for high level Texas HS football, he says they can't get competent people to call games anymore.

I would imagine if a football crazy state like Texas can't get people to officiate anymore, the recruiting pool for NCAA is pretty bad too.

Holding and pass interference are the main two things replay booths can't bail out the officials for anymore and those 2 things are just terrible in college football right now.

Personally, I think it's a concerted effort to increase offense. I hate it. Offenses don't need any help anymore.

:blah::blah::blah:
TL;DR

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull shit. Your guys got away with flat out tackling our rushers the entire second half. Fucking disgraceful.

I know homerism wont allow you to admit it, but you guys have been doing that to our pass rushers for years. Just so happens, we don't have any elite pass rushers anymore. So it appears much worse this year than normal. You guys have the pass rushers.

I'm not denying we were holding our ass off, I said as much on this thread watching the game. I'm just saying our refs are incompetent, not crooked. Watch other teams play who have a good pass rush like you do this year.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is hilarious watching OU fans bitch about the refs not calling holding. :pound:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know homerism wont allow you to admit it, but you guys have been doing that to our pass rushers for years. Just so happens, we don't have any elite pass rushers anymore. So it appears much worse this year than normal. You guys have the pass rushers.

I'm not denying we were holding our ass off, I said as much on this thread watching the game. I'm just saying OUR refs are incompetent, not crooked. Watch other teams play who have a good pass rush like you do this year.