• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royals > your shitty dogshit excuse for a team

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs
Cubs beat:
Dodgers in 1
Giants in 5
Cards in 7
Shitty overhyped Royals in 5 at Wrigley

World Champs

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs
Cubs beat:
Dodgers in 1
Giants in 5
Cards in 7

World Champs

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I thought the Royals were gonna be frauds this year.

I thought Gordon making a mockery of game 7 and lolligagging around the field with the world title on the line was their last shot (reference: What if Alex Gordon had hustled? | FOX Sports

I thought Losing shields would hurt (even if Big Game James is a clear myth at this point with a post season ERA over 5) and added on by the ill-advised moves of Rios and Morales (who were both really bad in 2014).

And it appeared that Cain's breakout was mostly BABIP based (2014: babip of .330 seemed to be the reason for his major growth), instead his current babip is .379.

Not to mention Yost basically lost the series by blowing game 4 and seemed to try to blow every series he was in. The team advanced inspite of him last year(also why did Duffy basically get the Strasburg treatment for inferior arms like Vargas and Guthrie?).

I thought the window slammed shut last year.

But now I think it's clear this is the last year of the window. They'll lose Gordon after this year, and cueto, so I'm ok with the price to get Cueto simply because you need to take a shot at some point. Yes the rebuild/retool will likely be harmed by this, but when you have a chance to take the title you gotta go for it.

I can't fathom not seeing a Jays/Royals ALCS. Which i think will likely be the most exciting series of the post season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I thought the Royals were gonna be frauds this year.

I thought Gordon making a mockery of game 7 and lolligagging around the field with the world title on the line was their last shot (reference: What if Alex Gordon had hustled? | FOX Sports

I thought Losing shields would hurt (even if Big Game James is a clear myth at this point with a post season ERA over 5) and added on by the ill-advised moves of Rios and Morales (who were both really bad in 2014).

And it appeared that Cain's breakout was mostly BABIP based (2014: babip of .330 seemed to be the reason for his major growth), instead his current babip is .379.

Not to mention Yost basically lost the series by blowing game 4 and seemed to try to blow every series he was in. The team advanced inspite of him last year(also why did Duffy basically get the Strasburg treatment for inferior arms like Vargas and Guthrie?).

I thought the window slammed shut last year.

But now I think it's clear this is the last year of the window. They'll lose Gordon after this year, and cueto, so I'm ok with the price to get Cueto simply because you need to take a shot at some point. Yes the rebuild/retool will likely be harmed by this, but when you have a chance to take the title you gotta go for it.

I can't fathom not seeing a Jays/Royals ALCS. Which i think will likely be the most exciting series of the post season.
30 years ago the Royals knocked the Jays out of the ALCS. Revenge time.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs
Cubs beat:
Dodgers in 1
Giants in 5
Cards in 7

World Champs
Edit:
Dodgers in 1
Cards in 5
Giants in 6

[I forgot they changed the rules so that intra-division teams can play in the NLDS]

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hunter Montana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it seems like this thread worked out after all.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, what a great thread
the OP is kind douchey though

he deserves to get his ass kicked