• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royals > your shitty dogshit excuse for a team

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omar Infante, at -0.2 WAR, with a triple slash of .221/.229/.307, a wRC+ of 42 (which makes him worse than Madison Bumgarner and Jon Niese as a hitter, by the way, this season) starting the All-Star Game makes me very sad.

If I were Infante I would honestly remove myself from the game if the fans voted me in. I would be too embarrassed to play.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Infante I would honestly remove myself from the game if the fans voted me in. I would be too embarrassed to play.

1968 Det Tigers Don Wert .220 average, voted to AS game, only had 12 hr, 0 sbs and 37 rbis for entire season and ended with .200 average.

Didn't remove himself from the game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite big contract, Ventura's mechanics are all messed up. He needs to go to Omaha and work out his problems. Time for the Royals to trade for a good Starter and a great hitting 2B.
This is from almost two weeks ago, but here are my thoughts about it, I think it has more to do with his fastball happy pitch sequence. He really doesn't use the curve or change as much as he ought to which probably isn't surprising considering he could overwhelm just about everyone in the minors with his fastball. To be fair, his mechanics really should be more consistent- his BB/9 is actually down though, so it leads me to think it's a tactical issue more than mechanical given 2014 showed he at least had unadulterated talent. Bottom line is even a mediocre MLB hitter can sit on a fastball, and Ventura needs to adjust to this fact.

Dude needs to trust his GG catcher, and a lot of the problems start to go away. It's one advantage I have felt the Cardinals have more than benefited from with Yadier Molina when he is working with new/young pitchers.

They really can't send him to Omaha- there's really nobody home at AAA that's ready. The Royals certainly don't need to do something like dive into AA for pitchers.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1968 Det Tigers Don Wert .220 average, voted to AS game, only had 12 hr, 0 sbs and 37 rbis for entire season and ended with .200 average.

He also did not get voted in by the fans, it was decided on by the coaches, managers, and players. Granted it was still a pitiful stat line and he should have refused to even play, but at least that was not some one sided fluke vote.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and OPS+ of a 67
He also did not get voted in by the fans, it was decided on by the coaches, managers, and players. Granted it was still a pitiful stat line and he should have refused to even play, but at least that was not some one sided fluke vote.

plenty of "fan voted in" as well as "coaches, managers and players voted in" players have sucked as well, this isn't anything new.

1957 Reds, as a team, and numberous other shitty players. Just more media coverage on this one. Welcome to the "fan voting" system.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Royals have more than 2 starters, we should all boycott the AS game. This is like Hillary Clinton in baseball.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Don Wert being chosen by, I assume, Dick Williams was stupid. I see that he played 3rd base, and it's a shot in the dark, but I would think there was a certain 3rd baseman who played for the Orioles that would have been a better pick that year.

It doesn't make Omar Infante's potential All Star start any more idiotic. Just because there have been terrible choices in the past, doesn't mean this one isn't any less terrible. If this was 1968 I would argue the same about Wert. Just like I did in 2008 when Fukodome started over Beltran, although this is much worse.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infante's is idiotic, but other haven't pulled themselves from the game, that was the point.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got it backwards The fans should pick the back ups not the starters:suds:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MO but I think the Royals just got raped at the deadline. The last couple years they have given up some good pitchers some of which will probably be around the major leagues for many years Guys they have traded away Odorizzi, Finnegan, Montgomery, Lamb, Ried, Manaea, and Brooks. Cueto doesn't really impress me any more than Kazmir who the Royals could of got for a couple nobodies in the minors if they really wanted a 3 month rental.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MO but I think the Royals just got raped at the deadline. The last couple years they have given up some good pitchers some of which will probably be around the major leagues for many years Guys they have traded away Odorizzi, Finnegan, Montgomery, Lamb, Ried, Manaea, and Brooks. Cueto doesn't really impress me any more than Kazmir who the Royals could of got for a couple nobodies in the minors if they really wanted a 3 month rental.

Not one of those players would have a high impact for the Royals in 2014, 2015, 2016 or 2017 during the Royals window of opportunity. Royals just don't have the position players in the minors to come up and help them by the time those pitchers actually accomplish anything yet, if they actually do. See Justin Turner or plenty of past years traded pitching prospects. Out of all that was listed Lamb may have the best shot to be a high impact pitcher.

Royals got Shields, Davis, Cueto and Zobrist, got them to 1 WS and going to try and get them to a 2nd and win it. Royals have to go for it while they have the chance. Love that they are, waited 29 years, would be pissed if they just sat back and not tried. Royals don't have the luxury of not going for it while they have the shot.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of negative chatter against the best team in the AL

do you guys watch the games at all?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet they still kept two of their top pitchers in the minors in Almonte and Zimmer. They can also use Medlen in the rotation next year with Duffy, Ventura and Volquez.

Finnegan is a relief pitcher in the majors. With that delivery, there is no way he is an effective starter.
Aaron Brooks has sucked in his limited time in the majors. I have a hard time criticizing trading Montgomery and Odorizzi since it helped get them to the World Series. I dont like trading Manaea or Reed, but they are being aggressive in repeating, and I cant fault them for that.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Francis, its me, Hu

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Royals are pretenders then they have pretended their way to 19 games over 500. I think for the Twins or the Tigers to catch the Royals, both teams must play 600 ball and the Royals must play under 400 ball. You all really think that is going to happen. Not in your life.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Royals are pretenders then they have pretended their way to 19 games over 500. I think for the Twins or the Tigers to catch the Royals, both teams must play 600 ball and the Royals must play under 400 ball. You all really think that is going to happen. Not in your life.
It has happened before in my life, and I guarantee it happens again in my life.

Your post=fail

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1