• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Royales w/no cheese, get hammered by puny Yanks lineup again

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard that.
Is KC's farm system that depleted, or they just don't have any pitcher ready to make the jump up right now?

Btw: are the Royals one of the teams interested in Tim Lincecum?
Mostly speculation from local writers. We have a lot of guys coming back from injury and Kyle Zimmer isn't quite ready to make the jump but we expect to see him later on this season.
*Lincecum- supposedly we are, but not sure I believe it

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. The payroll is bloated as is- and I presume they are referring to Cuthbert if that were true; an underwhelming package for Shields. And quite frankly, Shields just isn't a very good pitcher anymore, imo.
He can still eat innings. The numbers would be "interesting".

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can still eat innings. The numbers would be "interesting".

That's all I was saying...Shields is at least as good as what you were getting from the two guys on the DL, and he's experienced. But if you got guys in AAA who are ready for a cup of coffee, by all means get them some big league innings and start those arbitration clocks

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duffy is a 1 WAR type SP... liked him so much better out of the pen. Kind of lame Medlen and Young completely imploded so quickly, but you got to do what you got to do. If Miguel Almonte would ever get his command together in AAA, this mess would be a lot simpler.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all I was saying...Shields is at least as good as what you were getting from the two guys on the DL, and he's experienced. But if you got guys in AAA who are ready for a cup of coffee, by all means get them some big league innings and start those arbitration clocks
Duffy will go on Sunday but be held to 50 pitches or so. I'd like to see Brian Flynn get a start. I say call up Duensing as a bandaid and see what happens.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way it has gone, I'd imagine the Royals start Gee and Duffy and replace one, if not both, with Zimmer and/or Almonte by midsummer. They really don't have any room to add payroll anyway, imo. Blew their wad in FA; not much worth dangling in the upper minors anymore, anyways.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way it has gone, I'd imagine the Royals start Gee and Duffy and replace one, if not both, with Zimmer and/or Almonte by midsummer. They really don't have any room to add payroll anyway, imo. Blew their wad in FA; not much worth dangling in the upper minors anymore, anyways.
I endorse Moose's message.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duffy will go on Sunday but be held to 50 pitches or so. I'd like to see Brian Flynn get a start. I say call up Duensing as a bandaid and see what happens.

I know the real issue with you guys overall right now is the runs, not the pitching. The team ERA is middle of the pack, not horrible...but putting two starters on the DL has taken the focus away from the bats. Got a high team BA but nearly last in the AL in runs scored and homers.

You're just not stringing together hits like last year or hitting w/RISP. And it appears that the double play is killing a lot of potential rallies. Should be a fun weekend, though

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, Finnegan, Manaea, Lamb, are starting in the majors, no? Reed probably isn't long for AAA in Louisville either. Kind of funny the Royals dished out nearly a rotations worth last deadline. Still very skeptical about Lamb and Finnegan ever doing squat, but even I'd like to have them back about now for a brief moment.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the real issue with you guys overall right now is the runs, not the pitching. The team ERA is middle of the pack, not horrible...but putting two starters on the DL has taken the focus away from the bats. Got a high team BA but nearly last in the AL in runs scored and homers.

You're just not stringing together hits like last year or hitting w/RISP. And it appears that the double play is killing a lot of potential rallies. Should be a fun weekend, though
The good news is Gordon and Cain are eeking back towards their hitting in 2015, and 2B is actually a bit better than replacement value (a vast improvement). Morales looks like the guy from 2014 which looked like he had 1 step out of the league however, and that's concerning to say the least.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cain and Gordo are coming around like we knew they would. Getting Moose back will help although Cuthbert is performing quite well in his stead. The glaring issue is Morales.... WTF?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain and Gordo are coming around like we knew they would. Getting Moose back will help although Cuthbert is performing quite well in his stead. The glaring issue is Morales.... WTF?
Morales may just be reverting back to his 2014 numbers which is an issue. Still clobbers lefties so he might be a viable platoon option still with Cuthbert if it comes to that.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is Gordon and Cain are eeking back towards their hitting in 2015, and 2B is actually a bit better than replacement value (a vast improvement). Morales looks like the guy from 2014 which looked like he had 1 step out of the league however, and that's concerning to say the least.

Are you guys in the same dorm room??? This is spooky...