• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roy Wiliams or Jim Boeheim

Roy Williams or Jim Boeheim who would you rather have?

• Roy Williams

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Jim Boeheim

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... just implied it with the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face.

Lol gotcha.

Edit: Even than maybe he just meant it as JB did what he did separate of Roy and whether he was loyal or not, idk Malibu will explain I am sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams has a slightly better track record so I chose him.. Plus I think his offensive scheme maximizes talent more than Boeheim..

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that Roy Williams isnt a loyal guy but I do respect guys that build a program from basically from nothing to something and stay in one spot. Roy did the right thing by go to UNC. Like Ive said they can get anyone they want whenever they want when it comes to talent. Just another reason why Id rather have J.B.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that Roy Williams isnt a loyal guy but I do respect guys that build a program from basically from nothing to something and stay in one spot. Roy did the right thing by go to UNC. Like Ive said they can get anyone they want whenever they want when it comes to talent. Just another reason why Id rather have J.B.

Then what did you mean by:
"The poll is going the way I figured it would. Some people just dont respect a guy that stays in one place and built a program from the bottom."

Why would someone voting for Roy mean they don't respect Boeheim.

But since you brought it up maybe you can help me gain a little respect for JB...

If I'm going to respect a guy for loyalty (in any capacity) I'd like to first think there was some credible temptation for him to stray in the first place. As an example...

Let's take George Clooney and the janitor at your office for instance. I'll be a dick and assume that said janitor doesn't make a lot of money and isn't particularly handsome. Now lets' say they each get married tomorrow. Ten years down the road let's say it turns out they've both been completely faithful. Who are you going to have more respect for in regards to his loyalty? Me? I'm going to give big props to Clooney. You know why? Because he's had 10's throwing themselves at him. (if you think Clooney's too old, then That Kutcher kid... whoever, doesn't matter) Probably not the case for the janitor. Is his loyalty commendable? Sure. Had he had the desire to cheat could he have probably done it? Sure. But it's not like he was facing constant temptation to stray.

Which brings me back to Boeheim. He's been there for decades so I assume at some point some sexy young programs have come'a'callin for JB over the years, but I have no idea who they are. If he was turning down UNCs and Kentucky's and Indiana's and UCLA's or Knicks and Nets I'd give the guy a lot more respect.

Ol' Roy got himself hitched to a 10, and the only reason he left was because his high school sweetheart (also a 10) came a callin. Hard to fault him for that.

Looks to me like JB just married his high school sweetheart right after graduation.

From where I stand I think they both look pretty loyal to me.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ufAFzLk8VE]Chris Rock on Cheating - YouTube[/ame]