• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roy Wiliams or Jim Boeheim

Roy Williams or Jim Boeheim who would you rather have?

• Roy Williams

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Jim Boeheim

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to Trolly for the idea. Replies are welcomed.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea, but I'm not going to be at all surprised to see Boeheim win. I think there is one UNC fan who posts around here and I haven't seen him for weeks.

You can't swing a dead cat without hittng a Syracuse fan. Not to mention I have a pretty good feeling how douggie and the Duke faithful will vote.

Still interested in seeing how it pans out.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a secondary Syracuse fan. But I voted for Roy

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I voted for Roy.

He's won at multiple programs.
He's got a better winning%
He's got a better record in the NCAA tournament.
He has a better record getting into the tournament.
He's had more tournament success (more Elite Eights, More Final Fours, more Championships)
He plays a style of ball I'd rather watch.
He's a lot less of an arrogant fucking prick.

Honestly, I can't think of a single reason why I would pick Boeheim over Roy.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 1,000,000 Duke and Syracuse fans on here.

Sportshoopla is not as blended as other sports sights.

It wont be an accurate sample.

But, this TEXAS fan votes for ROY WILLIAMS.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I have to vote? If so I'm in the JB camp. I'm not ever going to be a Roy Williams fan club guy, but I do respect his business model. Anyone who wins multiple national titles let alone one has to be a good basketball coach. Period.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it would be a fair vote Im just hoping others besides Duke, UNC, and Cuse fans vote as well.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... to me, its a close one. I'll go with Roy.

JB is only 6 years older than Roy, but doesn't it feel more like 20? Just me?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted for Roy.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I find interesting....

Except douggie, no one has the stones to actually admit they voted for JB, or why they voted for JB.

What say you, JB fans? Why would you take him over Ol' Roy?

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough one because I respect them both, but both have completely different styles of play.

BTW Cuse was a transition offense for many many years so those who haven't watched Cuse over the years can stick my dick in there mouth.

Anyway, Boeheim recruits for his zone, so you just about never see Cuse with a top ten recruiting class. But he's right outside that.

Boeheim is competitive every year, you bums who say he gets early exits is because he's an old fuck and shit happens and he's always seeded 1-4 so its easy to pick on him, show me how many coaches get those seeds consistently? K, Self, Roy have early exits too.

He also isn't blessed with the name of UNC, Duke, UK so with what kind of recruits he gets, how successful he has been over the years, how he compliments to the aspects of the type of team he has, his zone, his success in The regular season, conference tournament, all his FF, E8s, SSs, NC games with 1 win. He's a great coach and your stupid to think most schools wouldn't take him in a heartbeat.

Top 10 coach of all time.

Roy's a great coach too, it's not like its easy to pick between the two, I'd be happy to have either ya know.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy. I ain't playin no zone. Man up!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Boeheim. It was a close call. The numbers favor Roy, but something about the fact that Self has outperformed Roy at Kansas makes me devalue a lot of what Roy did there. Roy had two freakish teams at UNC, but he didn't recruit one of them, and he just strikes me as a worse Xs and Os coach. I also think Syracuse is a tougher place to recruit to and win at than UNC, but that'll be tough to quantify until Boeheim is gone.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Williams 3 27.27%
Jim Boeheim 8 72.73%

So not only is the well poisoned, its also inaccurate. Nice.

It's not a conspiracy big guy, relax. You got a lot of shit to say about Cuse I've seen a few of your posts, if you can't respect them as a team I got no respect for you. I didn't say you had to like them either.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a conspiracy big guy, relax. You got a lot of shit to say about Cuse I've seen a few of your posts, if you can't respect them as a team I got no respect for you. I didn't say you had to like them either.

Nobody said anything about a conspiracy. I said it was wrong, not rigged.

At the time of my post, four people claimed to have voted for Roy, and the poll showed 3. Maybe one of the people who said the voted for Roy didn't, but assuming everyone was telling the truth, the numbers didn't add up.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today? Gimme the guy in his early 60s who's been to 4 national title games and won 2 over the 70 yo with one title under his belt.

Oops, poor math on my part. He's 63, not 53 lol. I stand by it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said anything about a conspiracy. I said it was wrong, not rigged.

At the time of my post, four people claimed to have voted for Roy, and the poll showed 3. Maybe one of the people who said the voted for Roy didn't, but assuming everyone was telling the truth, the numbers didn't add up.

Gotcha.

You must have something against Boeheim I just don't see it. I don't think anybodies put him on the level of Smith, Knight, etc.

If you can't agree he's a good coach whose done a lot for Syracuse than I just don't get it. If your just arguing he's not a Dean Smith and Co I get it.

He's been very successful, and he lacks the name of UNC, Kansas, UK, Duke, etc and look what's he done with the program, he put it on the map. With what recruits he's been able to get, it's amazing up what he's done.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, Boeheim recruits for his zone, so you just about never see Cuse with a top ten recruiting class. But he's right outside that.

So I need some clarification from Cuse fans. Some say he doesn't get better recruits, because he recruits players to go with his zone, and other say that he plays zone because he can't get the best recruits.

Which is it?

Boeheim is competitive every year, you bums who say he gets early exits is because he's an old fuck and shit happens and he's always seeded 1-4 so its easy to pick on him, show me how many coaches get those seeds consistently? K, Self, Roy have early exits too.

Well the comparison was to Roy, and yes he gets those seeds consistently, and no, he doesn't have the early exits that Boeheim does.

He also isn't blessed with the name of UNC, Duke, UK so with what kind of recruits he gets, how successful he has been over the years, how he compliments to the aspects of the type of team he has, his zone, his success in The regular season, conference tournament, all his FF, E8s, SSs, NC games with 1 win. He's a great coach and your stupid to think most schools wouldn't take him in a heartbeat.

All his... what? Boeheim makes it past the Sweet16 um... almost never. At least compared to the coaches you seem to want to group him with. Compare Elite Eights or Final Fours or Runners Up, or Championships to... Roy, or K or Self, or Pitino, or Izzo and you'll find that Jimmy B comes up woefully lacking in that regard. You can have all of the regular season success and Big East titles you want... People generally only care about what you do in the Big Dance, and Boeheim has underperformed. Plain and simple.

Top 10 coach of all time.

He's barely top 10 active let alone all time. You, sir, need to lay off that crack rock.