• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rousey TKO'd in 48 seconds...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunes apparently smashed her with a few big right hands and Herb Dean stopped the fight...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot this was actually on. New Years isn't the best time to promote a UFC show, especially when you move it to Friday when its always been a Saturday thing

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has she ever been able to flat out box? Thought I read some stat about having one of the highest armbar submission wins in the sport. Kinda makes you think maybe she's not so good if she can't get opponent on the ground.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what can crushing looks like. Ronda was done after the first jab Nunes threw & landed.

Holly stole Ronda's soul & Amanda finished her off by crusher Ronda's body.

This has about the last 20 seconds of the fight. Wonderous W W E X

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has she ever been able to flat out box? Thought I read some stat about having one of the highest armbar submission wins in the sport. Kinda makes you think maybe she's not so good if she can't get opponent on the ground.

She can't box. She is a one-trick pony, and her Judoka trick was definitely great, who got some favorable matchups in an emerging women's division that lacked experienced well rounded fighters. Once the division started getting more diverse with talent, she was done. The first time Ronda fought a legit striker, she was brutally head kicked KO'd. Then she fights the most feared striker outside of Cyborg, gets crushed.

By the way, the UFC did Nunes dirty in the PR lead up to this fight.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it. It was worse than the beating she got from Holm

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it. It was worse than the beating she got from Holm

Definitely. To me it looked like as soon as she took that first stiff hard jab from Nunes, she had a flashback to the Holm fight & stiffened straight up. After that, I knew she was done.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think after the long lay off her head was in the right spot. She looked good but I told another guy this morning she was gonna get destroyed. I hope she has lots of support around her, she's a broken fighter

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt think after the long lay off her head was in the right spot. She looked good but I told another guy this morning she was gonna get destroyed. I hope she has lots of support around her, she's a broken fighter

Basically, those 13 months off bought her some 'show' muscles, not 'go' muscles.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically, those 13 months off bought her some 'show' muscles, not 'go' muscles.

Takes more than muscle to win at that level, she wasn't winning that fight and may not win another. Unless they throw some garbage fighters in front of her to build enough confidence to make her want to fight another contender, or a ton of money, she may be done

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to be a fan of Ronda but damn... props to Nunez.

How or if she will recover from this is key, mentally and socially more than anything. Back to back beat downs is tough, and especially as a female trying to break ground in a male dominated landscape. She is going to endure a lot in the coming weeks.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She will probably retire.

Is UFC hurting as far as product/promotion? I feel like it is. I felt like a year or two ago it was a huge deal, now I hardly hear about it until Mcgregor says something controversial before a fight.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes more than muscle to win at that level, she wasn't winning that fight and may not win another. Unless they throw some garbage fighters in front of her to build enough confidence to make her want to fight another contender, or a ton of money, she may be done

Oh, she is done. Other than pride, there are zero reasons for her to fight again. She has money to burn. In 2015 alone, she made north of $10 mil. She can ride her image for the next year or so till that finally flames out. She is set for life.

I doubt she could compete with anyone in the top 5 even if she wanted to fight again.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She will probably retire.

Is UFC hurting as far as product/promotion? I feel like it is. I felt like a year or two ago it was a huge deal, now I hardly hear about it until Mcgregor says something controversial before a fight.

2016 was the most successful year for the UFC. Multiple times they set records for gate $$$. Four PPVs did 1+ million buys, three of those likely did 1.5+ million buys. Much of that was tied to Conor, but not all of it. All of it without Ronda.

There are plenty rising stars that can be promoted to higher levels who increase the visibility of the UFC. New champs Nunes & Cody both have a great story to tell & are media friendly. Khabib vs Ferguson is a big fight that casuals likely aren't clamoring over, but that is a big fight which could lead to a Rocky vs Drago moment in the summer if Khabib wins & faces Connor. Touch of death vs "I'll must break you".

Lot's of big time fights coming up in 2017.

I can't leave out Romero killing Bisping in the cage. This will happen.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alternate video angle with Nunes' corner commentary. I love hear Nina Ansaroff's(Nunes GF) voice. You can hear the stress in her voice as she keeps telling Nunes to keep her hands up. At that point Nunes was in 'fuck it' mode, going in for the kill.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alternate video angle with Nunes' corner commentary. I love hear Nina Ansaroff's(Nunes GF) voice. You can hear the stress in her voice as she keeps telling Nunes to keep her hands up. At that point Nunes was in 'fuck it' mode, going in for the kill.

Nina is right though. She needs to keep her guard up better. If she fights Cyborg, that could be costly.

As far as Rousey goes, she should change her nickname from "Rowdy" to "Punching bag". She has no clue how to defend herself. Somewhere Floyd Mayweather is laughing and agreeing that Rhonda still makes more money per minute than any fighter. 3 mil per minute.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hearing*

I really should proof read my posts... I blame looking up Nina's spelling of her last name.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nina is right though. She needs to keep her guard up better. If she fights Cyborg, that could be costly.

As far as Rousey goes, she should change her nickname from "Rowdy" to "Punching bag". She has no clue how to defend herself. Somewhere Floyd Mayweather is laughing and agreeing that Rhonda still makes more money per minute than any fighter. 3 mil per minute.

Absolutely. Many times we have seen a fighter chasing with his hands down, a wounded fighter, only to end up getting ko'd himself.