• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rousey TKO'd in 48 seconds...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, she is done. Other than pride, there are zero reasons for her to fight again. She has money to burn. In 2015 alone, she made north of $10 mil. She can ride her image for the next year or so till that finally flames out. She is set for life.

I doubt she could compete with anyone in the top 5 even if she wanted to fight again.
Yep, she came back for the $3 million. She will never be heard from again. I feel bad for her, but she brought a lot of the backlash she has gotten on herself, openly talking about having a chance to beat men's heavyweight LMFAO, beating Floyd Mayweather, stuff she knows from training with men is complete and utter bullshit. I remember arguing with a few idiots a couple of years ago that were saying she could beat top 10 men's bantamweight fighters....they were calling me a dumbass sexist for not believing it lol. Talk about totally clueless. Anyone who has ever trained in an mma gym knows the guys never go full speed with the girls. Never

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a 45 second beat down for a $3 million payday.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR did little in this fight but back-up and get hit in the head-a lot. Time to hang it up and start poppin' out babies.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, thanks for those two videos. I just stayed up for the post fight deal and they claimed that Ronda did not land anything. It looked like she tried, tried to grab, but Nunez was having none of it.

I agree with Miesha that Ronda should have taken a fight before this, but I thought the only one that made sense was going against Holm again and if she lost that one they would have missed out on this pay day.

Ronda needs to get out now to keep her acting career going. Without Ronda, no way 200 and the final of the year would be headlined by women. She blazed the trail, but her legacy is taking some big hits.

I think we can guarantee her to make an appearance at Wrestlemania this year, and Stephanie would love Ronda to be their main woman and have her star in their WWE films.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunez is dominant now, I dont know if there is competition, but her style will end up getting her caught. She is the champ now and does not need to pursue all the time.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a sore loser avoiding the media all week. Media was told she would be there for the post-fight press conference. She backed out. It's all laughs and look at me when she's winning but a poor loser. I'm not sure there was much of any congrats to Nunez from her.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for the comeback... Looked more like a funeral.

Not sure why Rousey continues to try and out-box a striker. Probably wasn't the gameplan as she looked stunned from the get-go. Regardless, Rousey looked slow and unprepared. All that time off did her no favors. Looks like its time for retirement.

She will always be remembered as one of the greats for the WMMA regardless of how she went out. She basically made the WMMA, thanks in large to Dana White of course for plorsting her across every media outlet possible while she reigned supreme. Smart of him to do that because I don't think the WMMA would be anywhere near as popular as it is today if he hadn't.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Nunes... She's not going anywhere as the champ. There are maybe 1 or 2 WMMA fighters out there capable of standing toe-to-toe with her. Much like McGregor, strikers are making their case as the cream of the crop within the MMA. Meisha Tate was probably the most well-rounded fighter that she has faced and she pummeled her almost the same way she did Rousey.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed RR's lack of defense in her fight vs Correia and mentioned it before her fight with Holm. She just eats punches and is lucky she didn't lose to Correia. We saw the exact same thing in last nights fight. She tries to bully her opponent and last night she basically just stood in Nunes' range with almost no defense. I think the Correia fight is the one that exposed the blueprint to beating Ronda Rousey.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunez is dominant now, I dont know if there is competition, but her style will end up getting her caught. She is the champ now and does not need to pursue all the time.

A Shevchenko rematch would be very interesting if she gets past Pena. That was a close fight in which had the fight gone longer than three rounds Valentina likely wins. Nunes is known for gassing & Shevchenko was coming on strong when that fight ended. Also there is Cat Zingano who beat her by having better cardio in a grappling match. If Nunes has solved her cardio issues, and there is no way of knowing till she gets dragged into later rounds, then she is probably going to reign for a while.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Nunes on her first title defense. Tate talked about how hard Nunes hits. I knew that if RR didn't get it to the ground quick in a dominant position she'd be in trouble but Wow! I didn't think it'd go that quick. Nunes had great confidence going into the fight. She said after the fight that women in the division can't handle her punches. She does leave her self open for counters but she's so quick that she's still hard to hit. The UFC gave her no hype but she doesn't seem to care. She knows that she is the true Champion.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her coach is beyond awful.

Turning her into basically a kickboxer the last 2 fights after being so dominant the way she was? GTFOH. If she doesn't retire, she needs to fire the coach and get back to what made her great.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her coach is beyond awful.

Turning her into basically a kickboxer the last 2 fights after being so dominant the way she was? GTFOH. If she doesn't retire, she needs to fire the coach and get back to what made her great.

I agree. Her coach had her thinking she could strike with Nunes.

Reactions: DJ

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what she get! She talked so much shit before losing these last two fights. Now, she won't even talk to the media. Wonder if her sore loser ass is thinking about suicide again?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Nunes on her first title defense. Tate talked about how hard Nunes hits. I knew that if RR didn't get it to the ground quick in a dominant position she'd be in trouble but Wow! I didn't think it'd go that quick. Nunes had great confidence going into the fight. She said after the fight that women in the division can't handle her punches. She does leave her self open for counters but she's so quick that she's still hard to hit. The UFC gave her no hype but she doesn't seem to care. She knows that she is the true Champion.

Yeah, Tate kept saying she hits like a man, I kept wondering how she really knew that.

That longer clip of the last 25 seconds or so, Ronda tried to grab her, but Nunes just flinched and she was away. Ronda needed a throw and arm bar before she ate the first jab.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Tate kept saying she hits like a man, I kept wondering how she really knew that.

That longer clip of the last 25 seconds or so, Ronda tried to grab her, but Nunes just flinched and she was away. Ronda needed a throw and arm bar before she ate the first jab.[/QUle OTE]

RR was predictable. She hasn't changed anything. She had a year off to improve. I think her coach was overconfident in her standup/striking abilities. Nunes' fight with Tate should have been a big clue that RR was in for a tough fight.

Nunes could hold the title for awhile. She has a rare mix of speed, power, aggression and skill.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched again. I don't think rousey landed a single punch.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched again. I don't think rousey landed a single punch.

she landed at least a half dozen, most of the time nunez was hitting her in the face when hers landed and pushed her back