• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rough night

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much there to comment on, so I'll sum it up. We can't rush the passer,we can't cover and we can't tackle.
so you are blaming it on Romo! :becky:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much there to comment on, so I'll sum it up. We can't rush the passer,we can't cover and we can't tackle. Regardless of what scheme we run or who pulls the strings we will fail miserably at least as often as we don't. Football is first and foremost about EXECUTION. you should be able to tell a team what you are doing and still succeed at times if you execute properly.

With an injured Ware and Lee we have one guy in the front 7 playing like he belongs in the NFL right now. We have two guys in the secondary that can cover at all. There is NOTHING anyone can do about that. How do you cover up for Webb when Heath is just as bad if not worse? Church? Wilcox? Both have been horrible in coverage. I pointed out the other day that if you go to this man coverage that everyone thinks will solve everything then you put more than just Carr and Scandrick in man coverage. You think any of our safeties or Webb should be in man coverage for a big % of the game? We probably give up more plays when coverage is good than any team in the NFL because we just aren't very good and our skills when the ball is in the air suck. How many easy picks did we drop last week? Does Kiffen need to teach guys how to catch?

Once in a while you get lucky with a guy off the street, but not 17 times. If our defense was so simple, how come our guys still look confused in it? And one of the reasons we brought in a simple defense is because the last one was too difficult for our players to learn. But the Saints seem to be able to figure it out.

I know we have tons of injuries, and I know we have bad players on the defensive side of the ball, but I believe Kiffin has also been a very bad coordinator this year. I'm not buying this injury excuse. Our injuries are no excuse for Kiffin to show the same looks throughout the course of a game and never attempt to adjust to what the offense is doing. This team last year was just as devastated by injury but when the chips were down, they could still make stops when they had to, and Ryan was a big reason for that, because he always tried to adjust to what the other team was doing successful offensively and he would show many different looks to try and confuse them. This team this season cannot get stops whatsoever.

Just watching them this year compared to last year, you can't tell me it doesn't seem like that quarterbacks know exactly what defense we are in on many plays. Especially the elite quarterbacks we've faced this year. Do you remember how Rivers came out in the 2nd half of the game in SD? He literally picked us part. It was like he knew exactly what our coverages were and there was absolutely no adjustments. Man, it was even evident against Matt McGloin. How does a scrub like McGloin easily identify single coverage like he did against this defense?

You don't set NFL records like these unless there is horrible coordinating. Some of the players on this defense flat out suck, but it's Kiffin's job to make them suck less and he hasn't come close to doing that. As a matter of fact, he has made them look worse. There is absolutely no excuse for Carr to be covering Calvin Johnson on his own as many times as he was in Detroit. There is absolutely no excuse for B.W. Webb to even be on the field, let alone being caught red-handed covering stud receivers like Alshon Jeffrey. There is absolutely no excuse for even the average quarterback to easily identify our coverages in which has been the case this year. Our run and pass defense never looked this pathetic under Rob Ryan and Ryan wasn't exactly more fortunate than Kiffin with injuries.

As far as what you said about the Saints, it's easy to say that now. I thought Rob Ryan did a solid job here in Dallas aside from all the 4th quarter choke jobs. That secondary was atrocious but that defense was still good enough to win a weak division both years he was here. But see, there are a bunch of big differences between New Orleans and Dallas. For starters, they have an elite offense that can protect their defense. We obviously don't have that. They also have arguably the best HFA in the NFL which is an added advantage for a defense with as many different and exotic looks as Ryan likes to show against an already flustered offense due to that home crowd. That's not to take anything away from what Ryan has done and how the Saints players have executed his defensive game-plan, but just saying that's a pretty big difference. I just don't believe in coincidences. Their defense on the road this season has looked vastly different compared to how it's looked at home.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointing out our problems doesn't prove the coordinator is at fault it just proves we suck on defense. I've never said he is doing a good job, just that he has been dealt half a deck and this cant be judged fairly. The main reason we can't stop anyone is just that we suck. Blaming the coaches sounds like clinging to the hope we are a player or two away. We are not. The injuries this year are way worse than last year on defense. Don't forget the CONSTANT complaints last year at the end about Ryan not blitzing enough. The reason he wasn't blitzing was we had half a team. Well this year we have 1/3 of a team. Hatcher is our only healthy starting DL. Lee is out, Carter sucks but is out, Durant was out, Claiborne is out, safeties suck Donkey Kong. What team in history could have a decent pass defense with Webb, Heath, Wilcox and Church on the field so often? WTF could Kiffen or any DC do? Seriously, if we went into the season with this weeks defensive scenario we'd all be thinking top 5 pick in the draft.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that Jerry Jones just isn't that good at evaluating NFL talent? My Chargers went through the same thing with AJ Smith and the Spanos family at the helm. I could be wrong on this, but it seems that the NFL teams that are the most successful are those where the owners higher top notch front office personnel and let them run the team. Guys like Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, etc. are too controlling. With everything that Jones has to offer in terms of money and facilities, it seems like he could get anyone he wanted. Maybe he needs to talk with Jimmy Johnson??????

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Kiffin is a friggin' disaster. He has got to go.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that Jerry Jones just isn't that good at evaluating NFL talent?

I never thought of that. Maybe that is the problem. It would make sense seeing as he is the only constant during this entire time period.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought of that. Maybe that is the problem. It would make sense seeing as he is the only constant during this entire time period.

I have heard a number of times that the problem is too many people have Jerry's ear when it comes to drafting. And that he often takes the advice of non-scouts.