• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Moves

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the people I would think the most would be Young, Pearce, or Lough. With Nolan playing Center the other day maybe they'll get rid of Lough. Really no use for him with Nolan here.

the funny thing is nolan playing cf . he is as fast as anyone on the team . nolan just gets on base works counts how many o's swing at 2 bad pitches and then works a walk ? only 1 nolan we need to trade .

huntingpa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any options left on Tillman? he needs to go down and work on removing his head from his ass. His mechanics are all over the place

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any options left on Tillman? he needs to go down and work on removing his head from his ass. His mechanics are all over the place

when tilly is this bad it comes out later he is dealing with back problems so a dl stint would be a good thing .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like many on this team no options left . ryan has one givens and drake have them but that is it i think . caleb may have one left ? he isn't going anywhere either way .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles are expected to make a decision on Jonathan Schoop (knee) on Monday.

Schoop will either be activated from the disabled list or continue his rehab with Triple-A Norfolk. He's been rehabbing at Double-A Bowie but the Baysox are going on the road and the Orioles would prefer to have Schoop closer to Baltimore. Schoop's 20-day rehab window expires on July 8. The 23-year-old hasn't appeared in the major leagues since April 17.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they can keep him down for another week. He's hitting well so I don't know if they would want to do that.

To me it seems like Young and Lough would be the first to go then Pearce maybe.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they can keep him down for another week. He's hitting well so I don't know if they would want to do that.

To me it seems like Young and Lough would be the first to go then Pearce maybe.

we need to trade several guys matusz , hunter , norris , young , pearce . there is talk the o's are looking for outfield bats that have options like the hoes guy . i'm sorry snider isn't a good outfielder yes he made a good play yesterday but a faster outfielder wouldn't have dived . i'm getting pissed nolan isn't playing more . jays are looking for a lf and they like nolan so who ever goes if not a trade will be picked up by they jays .

looking at this team fa in 15 1 davis is replaced by parmelee already .2 matt i think will be steve clevenger and caleb , 3 tommy hunter we have drake ready , 4 o'day we have givens , 5 and 6 young and pearce we have nolan , alvarez and uuuu . 7 norris wilson and several others . so we could not sign any free agents and still be the class of the al east .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to trade several guys matusz , hunter , norris , young , pearce . there is talk the o's are looking for outfield bats that have options like the hoes guy . i'm sorry snider isn't a good outfielder yes he made a good play yesterday but a faster outfielder wouldn't have dived . i'm getting pissed nolan isn't playing more . jays are looking for a lf and they like nolan so who ever goes if not a trade will be picked up by they jays .

looking at this team fa in 15 1 davis is replaced by parmelee already .2 matt i think will be steve clevenger and caleb , 3 tommy hunter we have drake ready , 4 o'day we have givens , 5 and 6 young and pearce we have nolan , alvarez and uuuu . 7 norris wilson and several others . so we could not sign any free agents and still be the class of the al east .

Matusz makes to much for his worth only way we deal him is if we pay most of his salary, Hunter sucks no one wants him, same for norris. They'll have to cut those 2. Plus if we got rid of a pitcher we'd need to call up another since we only have 11 now and can't only use 10. Pearce probably doesn't have much value. Young maybe a very low prospect. Lough we could cut and use Riemold as back up CF.

Nolan got the start last night but was 0-3 with a double play.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gausman will start Thursday's game against the Rangers, a roster crunch enhanced by the fact that the club currently has a six-man bullpen."

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your list looks good... but who's the in-house replacement for Chen? (Of course, the organization would be able to afford to re-sign him by letting everyone else go... but that approach seems too radical in my opinion. Another possibility might be an all-righty rotation along the lines of Jimenez - Gonzalez - Gausman - Wilson - Wright if necessary.)

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the o's would say tj , matusz or berry . davis is a rh starter doing real well at aaa

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since they dfa young to me the next one is either pearce or louth . reason why pearce is a 1st baseman well we have so many of them parmelee , davis , matt , ryan , nolan and caleb . 2nd baseman we will have schoop and ryan so that is full . snider sucks i would get rid of him .

Elginbaylor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck couldn't use Britton in top of 9th in a 0-0 game because he used Britton in Game 2 trailing 8-5 and in Game 3 for the save. This all because they have to carry these dead-weight outfielders.
Parmelee creeping back to his career averages. De Aza .979 OPS in 22 games with Boston.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overreaction of the weekend: DFA the entire offense!

(Obviously, I'm being sarcastic... but it's troubling to see our hitters suddenly enter a slump as a group. If the 3-2 score holds, we're talking about 13 runs scored over the last 6 games, or 2.33 runs scored/game... and that's just not acceptable. For comparison, the pitching has given up 24 runs over those 6 games, for an average of 4.00 runs allowed/game-- which is tolerable considering that the league average is about 4.11.)

Last edited:

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addendum:
Interestingly, you could argue that this year's team is still better than last year's version:

2015 after 81 games: 42-39, 2.0 GB; 361 RS, 318 RA, expected record = 45-36
2014 after 81 games: 42-39, 1.5 GB; 343 RS, 339 RA, expected record = 41-40

Translation: If everything averages out, the Orioles should be able to rebound on its own...

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while the tv crew raves about snider he is probably our weakest link . no way he is better or as good as nolan . nolan can carry a team when hot sider will never do it . schoop back on sunday . ryan down on sunday back up on monday nolan is gone for 3 days .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles have designated lefty Wesley Wright for assignment, the team announced. The MLB.com transactions page first cited the move. Wright had been on the 60-day DL, but now hits DFA limbo immediately upon being activated.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles have agreed to minor league contracts with left-handers Dana Eveland and Andy Oliver, reports Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com (Twitterlinks). Both will head to Triple-A, according to Kubatko.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has a good amount of holes.
True, but the Orioles have the biggest two holes in the division - lack of a quality (or plural) top-of-the-rotation starters and the biggest flaw, lack of simple offensive fundamentals. Tonight's game has highlighted both. Jimenez was god-awful, missing out over the plate multiple times. Pathetic pitch, right down the middle to a guy with 1 fucking HR all season. And they simply cannot move runners over and manufacture runs. Yes, the 2-out hit by Schoop was clutch, but previous to that they had two popouts with runners on 1st and 3rd, 0 outs and Detroit's defense was more than happy letting in a run by playing the infield deep.

It's time we all wake the fuck up, cause this is NOT a playoff team...

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have to cut someone on Wednesday to make room for Gausman. Who will that be? Reimold, Parmelee, Pearce, Lough?