• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Moves

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFinFan,

The Fins will receive nothing for compensation if Clay signs with the Bills because a transition tag only offers the Fins the chance to match the offer. It's different than a franchise tag. That said, signing Cameron is a definite solution. He has very good speed and size for a TE. He could be as productive as a pass catcher as Clay has been or would be for the Fins. The Fins are actually stacked now with guys that have speed as receivers. They also have one of the most reliable WR's in the NFL with Landry on the roster. Clay could still sign with the team which would move Cameron to more of an outside TE/WR position (similar to what the Saints did with Graham). Either way the Fins will have good players at TE. The Fins are meeting roster needs with quality additions before the draft.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lose Jimmy Wilson to the Chargers but not much of a loss really - he is a backup/special teamer at best

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFinFan,

The Fins will receive nothing for compensation if Clay signs with the Bills because a transition tag only offers the Fins the chance to match the offer. It's different than a franchise tag. That said, signing Cameron is a definite solution. He has very good speed and size for a TE. He could be as productive as a pass catcher as Clay has been or would be for the Fins. The Fins are actually stacked now with guys that have speed as receivers. They also have one of the most reliable WR's in the NFL with Landry on the roster. Clay could still sign with the team which would move Cameron to more of an outside TE/WR position (similar to what the Saints did with Graham). Either way the Fins will have good players at TE. The Fins are meeting roster needs with quality additions before the draft.

Thanks I wasn't sure I have a feeling that they'll let Clay go but if not wow what a TE group. They could play a lot of 2-3 TE sets create a ton of mismatches.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lose Jimmy Wilson to the Chargers but not much of a loss really - he is a backup/special teamer at best

Yeah I'm not worried about Wilson he wasn’t good enough to start...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Crabtree is visiting the Fins. I like the potential addition. Crabtree is a big WR at 6'1 & he's just 27. He could be another option to help the team to score in the redzone. He could work his way into a big contract by proving himself with the Fins. I think it could be a win win situation for him & the team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety Louis Delmas has resigned. He's a good player who makes an impact for the team when he's healthy. Also the Fins signed JD Walton. That will give the team some options on the oline. He could bring some competition for one of the starting OG positions. At the very least he brings good depth to the center position. RB L James has resigned. He seems like the type of player that could thrive in a Bill Lazor offense. He was a big time impact player at Oregon, maybe he will contribute more for the Fins this year. The Fins could consider using him in the kick return game. He has some experience at that position.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety Louis Delmas has resigned. He's a good player who makes an impact for the team when he's healthy. Also the Fins signed JD Walton. That will give the team some options on the oline. He could bring some competition for one of the starting OG positions. At the very least he brings good depth to the center position. RB L James has resigned. He seems like the type of player that could thrive in a Bill Lazor offense. He was a big time impact player at Oregon, maybe he will contribute more for the Fins this year. The Fins could consider using him in the kick return game. He has some experience at that position.
Yep like the signings not sure about Crabtree hearing lots of ups and downs with him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Thomas LG and Turner RG for now. Lot's of things can change but I can see Thomas improving due to experience and if left in one spot all year. I still expect to see some competition but if those guys can both earn starting jobs the Fins would be set for a long time on the line....

Also McCain, Jenkins and Misi are the LB'ers with Misi in the middle at this point. I liked what I saw with McCain and they obviously did too so he's getting his shot. Very interesting and if he can do what Jenkins did then maybe leaving Misi in the middle is the way to go. I just hope that Tripp is ready to go if Misi gets injured again...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Freeman signed by Fins - possibly to be 3rd qb if they decide to carry as much, or even give Moore a run for the 2 spot which is do-able. Fins also signed Spencer Paysinger from the Giants - Dolphins beat writers comparing him to trusnik and freeny - so, essentially a special teamer and 3rd string but a solid player still

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info Paolo. Sounds like they're prepared to go with who they have at LB if anything they may want competition at OLB...maybe Tripp is being groomed as the future in the middle? Hopefully he's looking good as I like him there.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins listed as one of 5 top "QB situations"

5 best quarterback situations in the NFL

Thanks Southieinnc for that article with the positive perspective. The Fins QB situation just got even more interesting with Josh Freeman being added to the roster. Both Tannehill & Moore have the skills to move the offense down the field. Now the Fins have Freeman who had success just a few years ago as a a starting QB. He'll have a chance to prove himself to the Fins and the rest of the league.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move for Freeman. If he can get his game back he would be a great future back up possible starter. He has the tools...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree has been in the news recently. A source said that he turned down a 3 million offer from the Fins. Sometimes that's an NFL agent trying to raise the signing price for his client. The Fins may not need another veteran WR. I think Landry will catch a lot of passes. Stills gives the team a deep threat plus he also has very reliable hands for short and mid range passes. Both of those guys have NFL experience. There are better ways to spend 4.5 million (Crabtree is expecting that much) The Fins will need some rookies to step up. WR Matthews could be one of those players.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins signed CB Zach Bowman. He is a good team player. He will help the Fins however possible in the secondary. He played well when called upon to start at CB last year. J Taylor & W Davis will get every opportunity to earn a spot yet it's good to have some more depth at that position. Bowman is also a good addition to the ST unit.