• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Bowl: Ohio St. is going down!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? So what? Pro Wrestling, UFC, etc., is big in America. And Minnesotans, like in so many other things, were influential in wrestling's development.
Cool man. Good for you. Yeah wrestling! Can we move on now?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread got way off base and I blame this Minny fan...

Like it was going good talking shit to baby Husky fans but than this guy comes in starts talking about bullshit.

FUCK YOU MAN FOR RUINING THIS THREAD!

Congrats on wrestling bruh, nobody gives a flying fuck about two roiding fucks slinging their balls against each other and playing grab ass.

This an example of a B1G FAN.

Your not a B1G fan?

And one poster never ruins a thread by themselves. It takes either one very determined person to take it upon themselves to interact with someone who won't back down, or several other posters all feeling the need to get in their input into the ever degrading discussion.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool man. Good for you. Yeah wrestling! Can we move on now?

Sure. You have been free to try to change the subject at any time.

You could have resisted the temptation to try to infer someone was gay, as if that would matter, for stating they followed wrestling, BUT YOU DIDN'T.

Why don't you explain to all of us how you think the Pac is going to do in football in the next 5-10 years? Or even next year?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listed wrestling after also listing several other sports, including some women's sports, and someone felt it necessary to isolate my mention of wrestling and then felt compelled to question my sexuality. Was that you? If it was, then it was YOU who made an issue out of it.

I have merely reaffirmed that I do enjoy watching wrestling, as well as Women's gymnastics and women's hockey and women's basketball and women's volleyball, etc.. AND football and men's bb and men's hockey, etc..

I simply like sports. I wrestled in high school, and I assure you there is nothing "gay" about it.

I watch bb and there is tons of physical contact between the men on both sides. Same with football, they are touching each other all of the time. Does that make all football players gay? I mean, come on man, you tried to make a funny but it wasn't funny and so you decided to dig your feet in and now find yourself deep in a hole you dug yourself.

I also questioned if you were a homophobe, because only a homophobe would think being gay was relevant in anyway. And also, your simply being from Cali calls many things about you into question, lol.

TL;DR

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. You have been free to try to change the subject at any time.

You could have resisted the temptation to try to infer someone was gay, as if that would matter, for stating they followed wrestling, BUT YOU DIDN'T.

Why don't you explain to all of us how you think the Pac is going to do in football in the next 5-10 years? Or even next year?

Good lord. Are you one of those misfits from Rivals? Is this what went on there? Do you need me to kiss your boo boo?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not a B1G fan?

And one poster never ruins a thread by themselves. It takes either one very determined person to take it upon themselves to interact with someone who won't back down, or several other posters all feeling the need to get in their input into the ever degrading discussion.

I'm an Ohio State fan. Rooting for other teams in your conference to win, even though the goal is to beat every team in your conference (on your schedule is the goal), seems pointless. It is just an excuse to prop up your conference bc your favorite team isn't good enough in that said conference.

There is a difference between rooting and then bragging though. You can root for your conference bc you don't like the other teams or conference they are playing and leave it at that but when you start rubbing it in how "our conference is better than ours" when your team finished 10th in the Big Ten...it seems pointless.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo should have retired a few years ago. Wasting NBA talent. Everyone wondered what he could do with top tier talent, well it isn’t good. Better with hungry second tiers.

I've made this comment several times and I'm sorry if you've heard it but he straight fucked up Jaren Jacksons PT

Dude is already a monster in the NBA and they didn't give him the rock against Cuse?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an Ohio State fan. Rooting for other teams in your conference to win, even though the goal is to beat every team in your conference (on your schedule is the goal), seems pointless. It is just an excuse to prop up your conference bc your favorite team isn't good enough in that said conference.

There is a difference between rooting and then bragging though. You can root for your conference bc you don't like the other teams or conference they are playing and leave it at that but when you start rubbing it in how "our conference is better than ours" when your team finished 10th in the Big Ten...it seems pointless.

My "football" team finished 10th? So what? We still got to a bowl game and won the bowl game, pretty handily, and with the youngest team in America led by a new coach only in his 2nd year heading up the program. Not bad for a team that finished 10th in a conference. Might be because it's a very tough conference to play in, maybe, and in part because of how young the team is? And I believe my team will win the West next year. And why does that matter to anyone? Because the West Champs are usually good enough to make a pretty decent bowl game. And winning a Div Title is the first step on the way to bigger and better things.

And if the B1G was nothing more than an athletic association, I might not care about any of the other teams. But it's not just an athletic association. It's first and foremost, an educational and research association whose research and innovations could radically change the whole world. A cure for cancer maybe? A solution to global hunger? Who knows? The sports part of the B1G, is really nothing more than a form of advertising campaign, a way to keep rich alumni interested, a way to get students attention or their parents attention, a way to give back to the local community, a way to service the students entertainment needs, and the football is also a way to make enough money to pay for all the other sports and for the stadiums and for the coaches and scholarships, etc.. And they can be fun, too.

But some people choose only to root for "their team", which is fine by me. I'm not going to try to tell you that you are wrong. I just choose a different way. World would be boring if we all thought the same way.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheDayMan

EmotionalZealousAcouchi-small.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "football" team finished 10th? So what? We still got to a bowl game and won the bowl game, pretty handily, and with the youngest team in America led by a new coach only in his 2nd year heading up the program. Not bad for a team that finished 10th in a conference. Might be because it's a very tough conference to play in, maybe, and in part because of how young the team is? And I believe my team will win the West next year. And why does that matter to anyone? Because the West Champs are usually good enough to make a pretty decent bowl game. And winning a Div Title is the first step on the way to bigger and better things.

And if the B1G was nothing more than an athletic association, I might not care about any of the other teams. But it's not just an athletic association. It's first and foremost, an educational and research association whose research and innovations could radically change the whole world. A cure for cancer maybe? A solution to global hunger? Who knows? The sports part of the B1G, is really nothing more than a form of advertising campaign, a way to keep rich alumni interested, a way to get students attention or their parents attention, a way to give back to the local community, a way to service the students entertainment needs, and the football is also a way to make enough money to pay for all the other sports and for the stadiums and for the coaches and scholarships, etc.. And they can be fun, too.

But some people choose only to root for "their team", which is fine by me. I'm not going to try to tell you that you are wrong. I just choose a different way. World would be boring if we all thought the same way.

Did anyone read a word of this shit?

Reactions: gob

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, how’d I miss all of Fred’s fun up in here...