• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Bowl is going to be epic

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011, it might not have been what people wanted, but there's little doubt in my mind, Bama and LSU were the two best teams that year. LSU had one of the best resumes of all time. They beat 3 eventual BCS Bowl winners during the regular season, plus a top 5 Arkansas team.

And, well Bama kinda proved they belonged during the championship game.
I think you are right that it wasn't what people wanted as evidenced by the lowest viewer ratings in a long, long while. And money has driven everything in CFB for the past several years...and way too much IMHO.

LSU had everything to lose and nothing to gain. Bama had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

But, I liked that game because it caused the demise of the BCS. I despise sports where humans "judge" who wins like diving, gymnastics, etc. I like things settled on the field, court, etc. The BCS tried to satisfy both groups by getting away from crown a champ by the polls. But, they still did it by "judging" who gets to decide it on the field. Still are but at least they have to win one more game against a good opponent. Better than just being judged to get in.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU always does well against Sec teams. We are 3-1-1 vs Alabama, 2-0 vs Auburn, 3-1 vs Tennessee, 10-4-1 vs Arkansas. We have never played Georgia before which is interesting.
So, y'all gonna beat an SEC team when it actually matters this time? :fish2:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep the ball away from them. Isn't that how all the teams with good defensive statistics do it?

They try that shit and our defense will just let them score so we can hand the ball right back to mayfield. This is 11 dimensional chess, bech.