• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookie shutout. Sports2

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could but sather doesnt realize the future and paid Hank with a outrageous contract for just getting good numbers in past years of the NHL. I would not paid Hank for what he hasnt done and gave Talbot a decent contract to be a starter for the Rangers

If you want to come with some facts to back up what you are saying we all will be more then willing to listen Doobs even gave you clips of Gibsons play.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong demoralizing is losing todays game vs Pens for not starting Talbot
Remember today is the day the Rangers to lose they havent won 2 in row in this year's postseason

Hmmmmm I wonder why that is ohh yeah they cant score more than two goals in a game and went 8 periods against the Pens without scoring a goal. hard to win if you have a zero up on the board.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could but sather doesnt realize the future and paid Hank with a outrageous contract for just getting good numbers in past years of the NHL. I would not paid Hank for what he hasnt done and gave Talbot a decent contract to be a starter for the Rangers

What is the basis for Cam Talbot's greatness tho? Was he ranked the top goalie in his draft class? Did he lead his country to the championship at the World Juniors? Did he record a shutout in his first ever playoff game? Nope, but John Gibson did all those things. Him being from Pittsburgh is just icing on the cake.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm I wonder why that is ohh yeah they cant score more than two goals in a game and went 8 periods against the Pens without scoring a goal. hard to win if you have a zero up on the board.

they are getting the shots and opportunies so there is no argument there.....maybe Hanks win lose one might be a factor

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the basis for Cam Talbot's greatness tho? Was he ranked the top goalie in his draft class? Did he lead his country to the championship at the World Juniors? Did he record a shutout in his first ever playoff game? Nope, but John Gibson did all those things. Him being from Pittsburgh is just icing on the cake.

Talbot hasnt gotten a opportunity for this years postseason....I think Gibson is better than Hank but not better than Talbot

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot hasnt gotten a opportunity for this years postseason....I think Gibson is better than Hank but not better than Talbot

Can you come up with an objective argument for why Cam Talbot is better than John Gibson. If Talbot is better than Gibson this shouldn't be hard for you to do considering Talbot is 6 years older than Gibson. Yet in spite of that, Gibson is already a more accomplished goalie.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you come up with an objective argument for why Cam Talbot is better than John Gibson. If Talbot is better than Gibson this shouldn't be hard for you to do considering Talbot is 6 years older than Gibson. Yet in spite of that, Gibson is already a more accomplished goalie.

Thers is no equal basis.....so Talbot is better

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why dont we match Hanks play vs Talbots play

I have a beyond the first month of the season I would still stick with Hank. a bad month doesn't negate the rest of his career and 18 starts for Cam doesn't get him into the HOF.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are getting the shots and opportunies so there is no argument there.....maybe Hanks win lose one might be a factor

Exactly the Rangers are getting their chances and not putting it in the net so you agree we cant score, and again its awful tough for a team to win if you cant score.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a beyond the first month of the season I would still stick with Hank. a bad month doesn't negate the rest of his career and 18 starts for Cam doesn't get him into the HOF.

wrong goalies dictate tempo hank is wishy washy and if the Rangers give up the first goal count on the game over and when Hank has a lead fear he doesnt lose it for which he can and his front five sense theses tangibles

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong goalies dictate tempo hank is wishy washy and if the Rangers give up the first goal count on the game over and when Hank has a lead fear he doesnt lose it for which he can and his front five sense theses tangibles

Whoever taught you hockey should be fired. The goalie doesn't dictate the tempo it dictated by the coach and the offense. The goalie can try and slow it down by holding onto the puck but if a team wants to play fast they will play fast.

I will repeat my previous point since you obviously aren't reading. Its hard not to give up the first goal when the offense is scoring 0. According to you though if the Rangers played Cam in game three they would still be playing and it would be a 0-0 tie in 20th OT.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever taught you hockey should be fired. The goalie doesn't dictate the tempo it dictated by the coach and the offense. The goalie can try and slow it down by holding onto the puck but if a team wants to play fast they will play fast.

I will repeat my previous point since you obviously aren't reading. Its hard not to give up the first goal when the offense is scoring 0. According to you though if the Rangers played Cam in game three they would still be playing and it would be a 0-0 tie in 20th OT.

what player on the ice is responsible for stooping shots from coming into the net?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that have anything to do with the pace of the game.

Because Stealth believes that a goalie's passing skills has a significant impact on setting up the offense.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right and Cam has the puck handling skills of Gretzky

I would like to see Cam set up behind the other goalie's net more often, recreate the offense of the 1980s Oilers.