• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm January 2 2016

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda tried to get inside Holly's range, push her against the cage and use her Judo to take her down. Obviously there was no plan-B. Ronda fought "dumb" which is odd to me. She couldn't adjust and kept walking right into Holm's fists. I think she got her bell rung in the first and never recovered. Holm fought a perfect fight and it was fantastic seeing Rousey defeated in every way. Both fighters lives changed in this fight.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pattern with men though is they usually feel they are out of competition at the lighter weight class and move up so they give themselves a bigger challenge. There is no next class right now for Rousey. But if the UFC created Bantamweight for Rousey, why not create a weight class for Cyborg if they want her to fight here?

Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm nearly brawled during UFC 193 weigh-in

I thought Ronda actually liked her.
Wonder who's next for Ronda, Cyborg, Faber, Mayweather.....ROTFLMAO

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports enter just showed everything but the knockout in the highlight. Fuckn UFC. I've already seen the knockout but still. Wtf

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holm beats Rousey by KO :shocked:

She didn't just beat Rousey by KO, and on that point, I dunno wtf Herb Dean was waiting for, she absolutely dominated her. I thought Holm had a chance if she could get past the early rush, keep the fight standing, and turn it into a boxing/kickboxing match (Rousey had statistically awful standup defense for a champ coming in), but it was apparent pretty early that it was going to fought on Holm's terms, and Rousey was horribly outmatched. Rousey had a look on her face about halfway through the first round that made it pretty clear she had no idea what to do, and she looked completely gassed by the end of round one.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rousey got knocked the fuck out!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what threw Ronda off was Holly's upper body strength to block the two attempted Judo Throws. once they were down Ronda tried to get an armbar, but she was in an upside down somersault position and Holms upper body strength again blocked it. Other than that, Ronda was chasing, out of sorts being thumped in the face some 20 times in the first round alone.

Said a while ago, Dana's job has been to find the buster douglas and he did. Absolutely no regard to protect Rondas own movie star face and Holly hit at a 72% rate. Dominant effort.

Sounded like Dana wants to have the rematch at 200 in July since Ronda was shutting down after this one, dont think her outside deals will change to get first fight in a few months, The champ should not wait 8 months to fight.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR will likely dominate Holm but she will likely need to close the gap and use her Judo to take Holm to the ground. Holly Holm is the best striker in the UFC so it wouldn't be too smart for Ronda to stand with her. HH is too green to be fighting Rousey so early in her MMA career IMO but I give Holly more than an average chance if she can keep Ronda from moving forward. Rousey ate some shots from Correia before the KO and if HH can get a few in like Correia, Ronda could be in some trouble.

You should be getting props for the opposing voices on this thread but:

GREAT FREAKING CALL.

Joker-Clapping1.gif

9fx11ZL.gif

Taxi-Driver-Robert-De-Niro-Clapping-Gif_zps14824b14.gif

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. She hasn't been too impressive and her punching has been mediocre at best which is awful for fighter with her status. I think HH will have to focus on her bread and butter for the Rousey fight so I imagine her striking will be improved?

Even with Holm being unimpressive, I have a feeling this fight isn't going to go the way everyone expects. Not saying Holm will win but possibly wobble Ronda if Holm can get her striking back. Those heavy underdogs are the ones that should be feared most IMO.

GREAT FREAKING CALL

_1382477641.gif

giphy.gif

clapping-minions-gif.gif

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fight reminded me of a shorter version of Tyson vs Holyfield... Tyson didn't know what to do with Holyfield tagging him left and right in the middle of the ring... Tyson was used to finishing the job early, like Rhonda and they both looked stumped and impatient which opened them up for shots...

All in all, it's great watching a bully get bullied...

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said a while ago, Dana's job has been to find the buster douglas and he did. Absolutely no regard to protect Rondas own movie star face and Holly hit at a 72% rate. Dominant effort.

Rousey getting absolutely dominated is the last thing Dana wanted to see. As I pointed out before, he was adamant for years, that there would never be women fighters in UFC. He went against that and created the Bantamweight division for Rousey. She was an undefeated champion, incredibly popular, a huge $ draw, etc. They were talking about her legacy, only fighting six more fights, and retiring undefeated. For her to get dominated that way, doesn't just undermine the image of Rousey they had built up, it undermines the entire Women's Bantamweight division.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha I forgot I even posted that. I didn't think Holm would win really but figured if Ronda had a weakness, its her standup defense and to expose that could be the recipe to beating her. Its amazing that a simple jab can be so devastating but what a great job Holm did last night using it!

And it's not a coincidence that a true professional boxer shows up knowing what a good jab is worth.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad to see Holm win. I don't view it as one of the biggest upsets ever though. Holm trains with one of the best MMA camps in the world (if not the very best). She is a world class boxer and former kick boxer. Holm was even better than Rousey in the clinches. Holm & her team had the perfect strategy for the fight. She stayed out of the clinches as much as possible & made her stand even when she had better position on the ground. Rousey was eating straight lefts during the exchanges & Rousey's over aggressiveness led her right into a vicious elbow that was a gamechanger.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha I forgot I even posted that. I didn't think Holm would win really but figured if Ronda had a weakness, its her standup defense and to expose that could be the recipe to beating her. Its amazing that a simple jab can be so devastating but what a great job Holm did last night using it!

Going into last night, Rousey had 52% striking defense. To put that into perspective...

Jedrzejczyk - 71%
D. Johnson - 65%
Dillashaw - 68%
Aldo - 72%
McGregor - 64%
Dos Anjos - 70%
Lawler - 62%
Weidman - 62%
DC - 62%
J. Jones - 66%
Werdum - 57%

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what threw Ronda off was Holly's upper body strength to block the two attempted Judo Throws. once they were down Ronda tried to get an armbar, but she was in an upside down somersault position and Holms upper body strength again blocked it. Other than that, Ronda was chasing, out of sorts being thumped in the face some 20 times in the first round alone.

Sounded like Dana wants to have the rematch at 200 in July since Ronda was shutting down after this one, dont think her outside deals will change to get first fight in a few months, The champ should not wait 8 months to fight.
this is exactly how I saw it too.
When Ronda turned her hips she would typically just toss her smaller opponent to the ground & take control. With Holms, she didn't go over & then Holms just picked her up. Think Ronda knew right then her bread & butter was toast. She didn't have a game plan past that.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFC video game curses fighters like they do football players on Madden. Jon Jones is on the cover- gets in hit and run, cocaine found in system, and surrenders belt yet to return to the ring. Gustaffason- has a chance to fight for the title again gets dropped by Johnson who eventually goes on to lose to Cormmier.

UFC sends me an email on Friday that Rousey will be on the cover of the new game and she gets dropped like a bad habit. Seems like EA Sports is just bad luck.