• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm January 2 2016

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Ronda comes off as hypocritical by not fighting Cyborg. She openly talks about fighting men, when she knows she would get smashed, but hides behind her 135 weight class as why she won't fight Cyborg at 145, when she is on record as willing to fight Carano at 145 a couple of years ago. Ronda walks around at 160. Fighting at 145 would be no problem.

They were not worried about the weight, even if they matched at 140, the problem was that Ronda might bulk up to 145-150 and Cyborg might bulk up to 160 between weigh in and fight night.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were not worried about the weight, even if they matched at 140, the problem was that Ronda might bulk up to 145-150 and Cyborg might bulk up to 160 between weigh in and fight night.
Ronda already bulks up to 155-160 the night of the fight lol. You can't have it both ways, talking about fighting men, which is beyond absurd, but scared to fight a woman who might outweigh her by 10 pounds the night of the fight. It's a joke

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, neither of them "bulk up" to 155. That's absurd. They both walk around at more than that. Hell, Cyborg weighed in at 175 three days after making weight for her fight against Tweet.

Second, that Rousey could go up to fight Cyborg is completely irrelevant. She's the champ, a dominant one at that. She has more to lose and Cyborg has a hell of a lot more to gain. If Cyborg wants the fight, then she knows what she needs to do.

It's interesting UFC hasn't added a female Featherweight though. They created Bantamweight because of Rousey, and it seems very likely Strawweight was created for Jedrzejczyk, so why no Featherweight? Unless it's just to motivate Cyborg to make 135.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, neither of them "bulk up" to 155. That's absurd. They both walk around at more than that. Hell, Cyborg weighed in at 175 three days after making weight for her fight against Tweet.

Second, that Rousey could go up to fight Cyborg is completely irrelevant. She's the champ, a dominant one at that. She has more to lose and Cyborg has a hell of a lot more to gain. If Cyborg wants the fight, then she knows what she needs to do.

It's interesting UFC hasn't added a female Featherweight though. They created Bantamweight because of Rousey, and it seems very likely Strawweight was created for Jedrzejczyk, so why no Featherweight? Unless it's just to motivate Cyborg to make 135.
Then she should quit flapping her gums about fighting men. And your comment about Rousey having more to lose.....paper champion of you don't look to fight the best. Men jump 1 and sometimes 2 weight divisions to fight the best

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then she should quit flapping her gums about fighting men. And your comment about Rousey having more to lose.....paper champion of you don't look to fight the best. Men jump 1 and sometimes 2 weight divisions to fight the best

She has beat the best at 135. With the a couple exceptions, the fights haven't even been competitive. Have other champs gone up for fights? Sure, but there are a lot more that haven't, and those that did, had something to gain. For example, BJ Penn was trying to hold the Lightweight and Welterweight championships at the same time. Anderson Silva was essentially out of people to fight at Middleweight, and let's not forget Irvin, Griffin, and Bonnar all tested positive for banned substances.

There is no Women's Featherweight division in UFC. As I suggested earlier, that may just be to motivate Cyborg, but it could also be telling about what the higher-ups in UFC think about Cyborg. She's tested positive for anabolic steroids, she's failed to make weight (@145), and frankly, who has she beaten? Carano six years ago?

I can't help thinking of Fedor, and how everyone was so convinced that he was unbeatable, would dominate UFCs heavyweight division, blah, blah, blah...

All that said, it sounds like Cyborg gets Rousey next, provided she makes 135.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Tate, I would leave the UFC to fight Cyborg. It's a no lose situation, Cyborg would be the heavy favorite, but if Tate won, she would screw Dana out of the megabucks Rousey-Cyborg fight and make herself the big money fight against Ronda

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is ridiculous and incredibly short sighted.
  • They both have UFC contracts, which that would almost certainly violate.
  • They'd be risking their UFC futures and significant potential earnings.
  • Neither has much to gain from that fight. Cyborg gets Rousey if she makes weight. Tate probably gets Nunes or maybe Pena, either of which is likely a PPV co-main event (or fight night main event), with another shot at Rousey if she takes care of business.
  • In other words, they'd be risking a lot of money, with very little personal or professional upside, to what, stick it to UFC?
Not that it really matters, but I don't think Cyborg would be (or should be) a huge favorite if that fight happened.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She has beat the best at 135. With the a couple exceptions, the fights haven't even been competitive. Have other champs gone up for fights? Sure, but there are a lot more that haven't, and those that did, had something to gain. For example, BJ Penn was trying to hold the Lightweight and Welterweight championships at the same time. Anderson Silva was essentially out of people to fight at Middleweight, and let's not forget Irvin, Griffin, and Bonnar all tested positive for banned substances.

There is no Women's Featherweight division in UFC. As I suggested earlier, that may just be to motivate Cyborg, but it could also be telling about what the higher-ups in UFC think about Cyborg. She's tested positive for anabolic steroids, she's failed to make weight (@145), and frankly, who has she beaten? Carano six years ago?

I can't help thinking of Fedor, and how everyone was so convinced that he was unbeatable, would dominate UFCs heavyweight division, blah, blah, blah...

All that said, it sounds like Cyborg gets Rousey next, provided she makes 135.
I think the pattern with men though is they usually feel they are out of competition at the lighter weight class and move up so they give themselves a bigger challenge. There is no next class right now for Rousey. But if the UFC created Bantamweight for Rousey, why not create a weight class for Cyborg if they want her to fight here?

Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm nearly brawled during UFC 193 weigh-in

I thought Ronda actually liked her.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy KO!!! or should I say Holly KO? :D

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That is all I need to say. This wasn't a fluke flash KO. Holm beat her up for 6 straight mins till the KO.

I apologize for questioning this fight.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is better gif of the finishing sequence. It's the left hand that rocks her, then she stumbles to the ground. She gets right back up & eats a LHK that puts her out.

SpanishBowedKoodoo.gif

Yes-Yes-Yes-Wrestler-Cheer-On-WWE-Gif.gif