• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo to Packers?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo would be perfect imo.....but I think he likes his current gig.

And he's good at it.

Yeah, guys usually don't come out of the booth. Too cushy and the pay is great.

And I agree, he's pretty good. If only he weren't paired with Jim Nantz, who I think is a pretty bad play-by-play guy for Football (he does some other sports better)

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will go with Hundley

McCarthy was getting sawed off at a presser when being asked about questions like this. He said, in part, that they drafted him and spent 3 years developing him so he is the next guy up - period.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Romo but his body can't handle the abuse. He would get injured and not be much help.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to get them in line when they are injured. If they were bad that would be different because it would be a personnel issue, but injuries are impossible to predict and manage at time. The packers have playe d8 different players at tackle this season...
Yeah, I meant the injuries. Thought that was obvious

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Ted Thompson makes a move for a QB is if Hundley gets hurt too.

Callahan - who has spent the last two years with the Packers - will come off the practice squad and back up Hundley. Callahan would start - at least for a couple weeks - if Hundley gets hurt and would continue to start until whoever they bring in proves they're more capable of running the offense than Callahan.

That's how the Packers organization works.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCarthy was getting sawed off at a presser when being asked about questions like this. He said, in part, that they drafted him and spent 3 years developing him so he is the next guy up - period.

That was a funny press conference.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I meant the injuries. Thought that was obvious
That came off dicky. Meant "Sorry", I thought what I was saying was obvious because we all have heard about the Packers OL injuries.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, if you were an NFL QB would you want to play in Green Bay right now? Both starting tackles only played one game together due to injuries, which was last Sunday, and they both left due to new injuries, so their status going forward is uncertain. The starting left guard is hurt. Every backup tackle they opened the season with is on IR, along with their #1 backup guard and their long snapper. The O-line is, essentially, in shambles right now.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That came off dicky. Meant "Sorry", I thought what I was saying was obvious because we all have heard about the Packers OL injuries.
no worries

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley will be just fine. He will get starter's reps in practice this week and be much more ready to play. The only real question is depth beyond Hundley, and it looks like Bo Callahan (lol) will get the first shot there. I have no idea how good/bad Callahan is, have never watched a Wesley game lol.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounding pretty pissy about it too. Reporters ask questions. It's their job. And his to answer them at those press conferences.

His answer to the previous question was sculpted to get him out of answering a Kaepernick question. I'm glad it was asked anyway.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was for the season, I think Romo would play, especially for GB, as he grew up a GB/Farve fan.

True he did but I don't see him leaving the booth

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding pretty pissy about it too. Reporters ask questions. It's their job. And his to answer them at those press conferences.

His answer to the previous question was sculpted to get him out of answering a Kaepernick question. I'm glad it was asked anyway.
Sure he didn’t like the question, because it’s a stupid question. His answer was right on point. Amateurs arm chair GM still instist some guy not good enough for one of worst teams in the league can come in after not playing or practicing for over a quarter of the season, doesn’t know the playbook, doesn’t know the lingo is better then a QB the Packers been prepping for three years for this exact problem.:rolleyes2:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he didn’t like the question, because it’s a stupid question. His answer was right on point. Amateurs arm chair GM still instist some guy not good enough for one of worst teams in the league can come in after not playing or practicing for over a quarter of the season, doesn’t know the playbook, doesn’t know the lingo is better then a QB the Packers been prepping for three years for this exact problem.:rolleyes2:

All you guys say as much so it must be so, right?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you guys say as much so it must be so, right?
I was agreeing with the Packers view on the matter vs yours. You keep telling us how wrong these teams are not to sign your guy. We should take your word for it? Over someone who has his job in the balance and gets paid to make these decisions? Personally I’m in full agreement with the pros.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was agreeing with the Packers view on the matter vs yours. You keep telling us how wrong these teams are not to sign your guy. We should take your word for it? Over someone who has his job in the balance and gets paid to make these decisions? Personally I’m in full agreement with the pros.

Well he isn't my guy for the record. I'm just defending him.

But he should be playing and I think GB would be a perfect spot for him, McCarthy aside...

Not all Packers fans think McCarthy is all that and then some.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he isn't my guy for the record. I'm just defending him.

That makes him your guy in my books.

But he should be playing

Obviously opinions vary on that.

I think GB would be a perfect spot for him

Arm chair GMs think a lot of things. Once in a while I agree with them, but not often.

Not all Packers fans think McCarthy is all that and then some.

Bet they think McCarthy knows more then you in any case. LOL!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow maybe.

Bw9pai0IYAAqUUn.jpg