• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo reportedly may go on IR now

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, it appears Jerrah Jones and his coaching staff has tried to say one thing in public about Romo and his injury when the reality is worse. The Dallas Morning News is now reporting that Romo is set to undergo another MRI this weekend. His injury now looks like an 8-10 week one, not 6-10 weeks, and the team is reportedly considering putting him on injured reserve.

"He's very driven, driven to do what it takes to get back,'' Jones said. "We've really done a lot of research on this. I think this was a freak accident.

"It's unfortunate for Tony to have some of these things, but I think the last thing in the world we're worried about with Tony is being fragile. He is undeterred, and he really believes this team does have a different sort of mind-set with him not being here and that we can win games and when he does get back, we're ready to make a run.

"When Tony gets back, the team will be ready for him.''

The question is whether Romo can return by mid-October or early November. That will determine how the Cowboys proceed.

Sources: Tony Romo could be out closer to 8-10 weeks; could Cowboys place him on IR? | SportsDay

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR with designator to return was understood by almost all Dallas fans as the option they would use.

So what's your issue?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR with designator to return was understood by almost all Dallas fans as the option they would use.

So what's your issue?

He's an Eggle fan...........

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Cowboys have tried to say he could come back sooner. At one point they didn't even rule out opening day.

So, while most FANS may have understood this was likely, it's not what the team has said.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, it appears Jerrah Jones and his coaching staff has tried to say one thing in public about Romo and his injury when the reality is worse. The Dallas Morning News is now reporting that Romo is set to undergo another MRI this weekend. His injury now looks like an 8-10 week one, not 6-10 weeks, and the team is reportedly considering putting him on injured reserve.

"He's very driven, driven to do what it takes to get back,'' Jones said. "We've really done a lot of research on this. I think this was a freak accident.

"It's unfortunate for Tony to have some of these things, but I think the last thing in the world we're worried about with Tony is being fragile. He is undeterred, and he really believes this team does have a different sort of mind-set with him not being here and that we can win games and when he does get back, we're ready to make a run.

"When Tony gets back, the team will be ready for him.''

The question is whether Romo can return by mid-October or early November. That will determine how the Cowboys proceed.

Sources: Tony Romo could be out closer to 8-10 weeks; could Cowboys place him on IR? | SportsDay

Off 2 weeks on the low side?...not a big deal Igg.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Cowboys have tried to say he could come back sooner. At one point they didn't even rule out opening day.

So, while most FANS may have understood this was likely, it's not what the team has said.

No, the first day it was announced Garret said they hadn't ruled him out. Now they have more details and more conversations with the Dr's and they have ruled him out.

Not earth shattering stuff here.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dak starts opening day, he will be the 5th different QB to start a game for Dallas in the past 15 games.

But...Dallas fans say everything is OK right? I am making mountains out of molehills over here.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dak starts opening day, he will be the 5th different QB to start a game for Dallas in the past 15 games.

But...Dallas fans say everything is OK right? I am making mountains out of molehills over here.

But only the second worth the title QB.

The other 3 are extremely forgettable.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep...4 plus 1 = 5
obsession is all you

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been bad, just glad one wasn't named Bradford.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, the Eagles have started Sanchez in the past two seasons.