• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ROMAN REIGNS SUSPENDED

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this as a possible storyline to try and get Reigns over with some of the vocal males...giving Reigns a bit of that badass feel for doing something he wasn't suppose to..

Surprisingly enough not even John Cena has gotten popped.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is he took some legal supplements that weren't on the approved list(not everything legal and store bought is allowed) but it wasn't steroids or HGH or anything like that.

Also it's not a storyline, WWE would never make a joke of their wellness policy because they would be in so much shit.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is he took some legal supplements that weren't on the approved list(not everything legal and store bought is allowed) but it wasn't steroids or HGH or anything like that.

Also it's not a storyline, WWE would never make a joke of their wellness policy because they would be in so much shit.
I don't see this as being the fact. No way Vince lets his next Cena get stamped with a wellness policy violation for something that I or you can buy at a vitamin supplement store. Reigns didn't get popped for taking Muscle Pharm products.

I just don't see that happening.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this as being the fact. No way Vince lets his next Cena get stamped with a wellness policy violation for something that I or you can buy at a vitamin supplement store. Reigns didn't get popped for taking Muscle Pharm products.

I just don't see that happening.

No one is above the Wellness policy because if they were WWE would be in a ton of shit. They present it as it's a legitimate thing and if people were to find out it wasn't there would be consequences.

And believe it or not but there are supplements sold over the counter at say a GNC that are against the WWE Wellness policy(if you want more info on that check out Jim Ross' blog he goes into more detail). Not everything sold there is WWE-legal even if it's legal to buy so it's perfectly believable that Reigns took something without checking first and he got busted.

And if someone gets busted Vince would rather it be for something stupid like not being 100% sure you were taking something not against the policy than it be for drugs. The first way is a lot easier to explain away when you are asked about why you're still pushing the guy when he comes back.

Also Cena never getting popped makes a ton of sense because he seems like the type to triple check everything he takes to make sure it's ok because he knows how important it is that he never gets busted.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a hard time believing that someone in Reigns position wouldn't get his legal supplements cleared by the WWE before using them

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing that someone in Reigns position wouldn't get his legal supplements cleared by the WWE before using them
Why? It still happens in other sports too. And everyone says how stupid can that person be BUT it still happens every now and then.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Athletes blame failed tests on legal supplements. There are exceptions like the Star Cap case but its usually not proven that's what happened. I'll give almost anyone the benefit of the doubt until they flunk a test. Then you have to prove your innocence

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE made no mention of Reigns during last night's Smackdown taping. Unless they taped something off camera, it appears they are leaving Reigns in the triple threat Championship match at Backlash. Unbelievable!!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew about this before MITB! Meaning, they knew about this before they announced the Triple Threat Match. Reigns serves 30 days. Returns just in time for the Triple Threat.

May also explain why they were willing to let him lose cleanly to Seth Rollins.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletes blame failed tests on legal supplements. There are exceptions like the Star Cap case but its usually not proven that's what happened. I'll give almost anyone the benefit of the doubt until they flunk a test. Then you have to prove your innocence
Taking a legal supplement that is on a sport's banned list isn't innocence in my book. To me they are just as guilty as someone who took something that is illegal. Those banned supplements are on the list for a reason!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew about this before MITB! Meaning, they knew about this before they announced the Triple Threat Match. Reigns serves 30 days. Returns just in time for the Triple Threat.

May also explain why they were willing to let him lose cleanly to Seth Rollins.
I've heard that too. I guess they could leave him in the match and have him be the one that loses the match. If he wins, the fans could riot.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that too. I guess they could leave him in the match and have him be the one that loses the match. If he wins, the fans could riot.

I agree. Think about this: Roman has been management's guy despite the horrible backlash from the fans. And they may be very unhappy that their support of him was repaid in this manner. I could see him getting the Dolph Ziggler treatment real fast!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Taking a legal supplement that is on a sport's banned list isn't innocence in my book. To me they are just as guilty as someone who took something that is illegal. Those banned supplements are on the list for a reason!
Fair enough. I think there's a huge difference in my book. One is an oversight and the other is cheating. WWE isn't competition in the traditional sense but breaking PED rules clearly gives someone an advantage in their career

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because WWE doesn't have to release what he was suspended for that's where the speculation comes in.

He could've gotten busted for cocaine, or not producing a urine sample on time(that's why Hornswoggle was suspended), or he didn't read the label 100% before he took something.

Or even what if what he took didn't list all the ingredients so he didn't know something was banned. We all know that companies aren't the most honest in what they put in their product so it's possible that Reigns didn't even know, or he was taking drugs, I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The WWE doesn't suspend people for Pot, so that means he either got busted for PEDs or hard drugs.

If it was PEDs he was gaining a competitive advantage.

I'd be a more sympathetic if it's recreational drugs, but that still sucks as it's more or less throwing away a winning lottery ticket . The company gave this guy a monumental push and he fucked it up.

Tainted GNC supplements or forgetting to take a piss test are both highly unlikely

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it laughable that someone in the WWE would get suspended for taking say a product like NO XPlode......They aren't are strict as the NCAA.

I have to think you get busted for Wellness Policy in the WWE you are taking something illegal. C'mon, its the WWE. Look at some of the unnatural monsters that business and company have built and promoted over its existence. You don't get suspended for taking NO Xplode.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like the Adderall excuse every Seahawks player uses

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tainted GNC supplements or forgetting to take a piss test are both highly unlikely

Companies change their product ingredients all the time to compete with the competition and to make them better. Roman could've taken "Supplement X" 6 months ago and it be perfectly compliant and then taken it again last week and it not be because that company changed something that wasn't WWE approved. It's still Roman's responsibility to monitor what goes into his body but that's not out of the realm of possibility.

Also what leads me to believe it's not drugs or PED's is why now? Roman's body or really anything isn't any different now than he was last year so why not take anything illegal before you get the title and then start when they give it to you? Also let's say he was using a masking agent, why pay for a way to beat the test before they give you a big push and then stop using it when you become the Champion?

Wrestling isn't a legit competition so using the "I cheated to stay ahead of the competition" doesn't really work here.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also people seem to forget that WWE doesn't have to have a Wellness policy, they do it for the good of the talent so if someone like John Cena is cheating the test it's not like it's some huge injustice.

With WWE not being a real sport they don't test to make sure they catch people cheating they do it to make sure the talent doesn't kill themselves by putting illegal things in their body. If someone wants to find a way to beat it then that's their choice but if it's a top guy it wont and shouldn't impact their push.