• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ROMAN REIGNS SUSPENDED

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also people seem to forget that WWE doesn't have to have a Wellness policy, they do it for the good of the talent so if someone like John Cena is cheating the test it's not like it's some huge injustice.

With WWE not being a real sport they don't test to make sure they catch people cheating they do it to make sure the talent doesn't kill themselves by putting illegal things in their body. If someone wants to find a way to beat it then that's their choice but if it's a top guy it wont and shouldn't impact their push.

The WWF first instituted drug testing after Vince McMahon was indicted by the Federal Government in the early 90s for his role in his company's use of anabolic steroids. They had to tighten it 15 yrs later when as a publicly traded company one of their wrestlers killed himself and his family and was then found with a ton of drugs including steroids in his system.

You're giving the company and Reigns way too much credited. It could be a tainted supplement or someone slipping a party drug in Reigns drink. But there's a 99 percent chance he knowingly took an illegal drug.

I may sound critical of Reigns but I gained some respect for his acknowledgement of it. He apologized and didn't use a half ass excuse.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also people seem to forget that WWE doesn't have to have a Wellness policy, they do it for the good of the talent so if someone like John Cena is cheating the test it's not like it's some huge injustice.

With WWE not being a real sport they don't test to make sure they catch people cheating they do it to make sure the talent doesn't kill themselves by putting illegal things in their body. If someone wants to find a way to beat it then that's their choice but if it's a top guy it wont and shouldn't impact their push.

They largely did it because they were investigated for supplying/encouraging steroids in the '90s. Also, being a public company they're expected to have a level of transparency and do things 'the right way.'

The Forgotten Steroid Trial That Almost Brought Down Vince McMahon | VICE Sports

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They largely did it because they were investigated for supplying/encouraging steroids in the '90s. Also, being a public company they're expected to have a level of transparency and do things 'the right way.'

The Forgotten Steroid Trial That Almost Brought Down Vince McMahon | VICE Sports
The WWF first instituted drug testing after Vince McMahon was indicted by the Federal Government in the early 90s for his role in his company's use of anabolic steroids. They had to tighten it 15 yrs later when as a publicly traded company one of their wrestlers killed himself and his family and was then found with a ton of drugs including steroids in his system.

You're giving the company and Reigns way too much credited. It could be a tainted supplement or someone slipping a party drug in Reigns drink. But there's a 99 percent chance he knowingly took an illegal drug.

I may sound critical of Reigns but I gained some respect for his acknowledgement of it. He apologized and didn't use a half ass excuse.

They started the Wellness policy after Eddie Guerrero died. They may have been testing for drugs before that but the actual policy we know today started when Eddie died from heart problems and they decided to start fully testing talents and running tests on them on a consistent basis.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a legal supplement that is on a sport's banned list isn't innocence in my book. To me they are just as guilty as someone who took something that is illegal. Those banned supplements are on the list for a reason!

I am not sure they list every single supplement ever made on the list. The supplement was not on a banned list, it was not on an approved list, at least thats the claim. Ronda rousey was taking a supplement that was not banned by UFC, it is being considered to be banned by UFC, so you cannot say he did anything wrong by taking a supplement that is not banned. The test is not for the supplement, its for the steroids in ones system.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WWE doesn't suspend people for Pot, so that means he either got busted for PEDs or hard drugs.

If it was PEDs he was gaining a competitive advantage.

I'd be a more sympathetic if it's recreational drugs, but that still sucks as it's more or less throwing away a winning lottery ticket . The company gave this guy a monumental push and he fucked it up.

Tainted GNC supplements or forgetting to take a piss test are both highly unlikely

RVD has been suspended for pot.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an old policy.

According to Meltzer the last number he heard was a $2500 fine for each failed test. No matter how many times someone fails it's fines and nothing more
Plus I believe part of the RVD suspension was because he was also arrested for DUI.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not 100% accurate. They do it because the feds tried very very very very hard in the 90s to put Vince in prison for steroid distribution. The Wellness Policy exists more to cover Vince and WWE's ass than it exists for the good of the talent.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not 100% accurate. They do it because the feds tried very very very very hard in the 90s to put Vince in prison for steroid distribution. The Wellness Policy exists more to cover Vince and WWE's ass than it exists for the good of the talent.
That was the drug testing policy put in place after the Steroid Trail. The current Wellness Policy was enacted after the death of Eddie Guerrero in part to protect the talent by detecting medical conditions or issues at early stages and also to protect WWE by being proactive in keeping their talent healthy.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it laughable that someone in the WWE would get suspended for taking say a product like NO XPlode......They aren't are strict as the NCAA.

I have to think you get busted for Wellness Policy in the WWE you are taking something illegal. C'mon, its the WWE. Look at some of the unnatural monsters that business and company have built and promoted over its existence. You don't get suspended for taking NO Xplode.

You sayin' Ryback is on the juice??!

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It still happens in other sports too. And everyone says how stupid can that person be BUT it still happens every now and then.
Not to mention all the ding dongs in jail because of Meth, but I digress.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns was suspended for Adderall. A drug used to treat ADHD, controls the chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.

Apparently this has been a party drug in the NFL for a while, but what if it turns out it was given to treat a disorder in Reigns that might explain the highs and lows he has had in his career. I guess its like Mark McGuire getting stiffed from the HOF because he had asthma that was treated with a drug that could be considered a steroid.

Have not heard if it was prescribed, or how it can effect his career, just know apparently, this is also what Rose was suspended for.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns was suspended for Adderall. A drug used to treat ADHD, controls the chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.

Apparently this has been a party drug in the NFL for a while, but what if it turns out it was given to treat a disorder in Reigns that might explain the highs and lows he has had in his career. I guess its like Mark McGuire getting stiffed from the HOF because he had asthma that was treated with a drug that could be considered a steroid.

Have not heard if it was prescribed, or how it can effect his career, just know apparently, this is also what Rose was suspended for.
Adderall is used as a masking agent by PED users. It's what several Seahawks players were suspended for two years ago.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adderall is used as a masking agent by PED users. It's what several Seahawks players were suspended for two years ago.

I don't know a put if it is a masking agent but that had nothing to do with the Seahawks getting busted. They failed drug tests but in their CBA they can't release what they really failed so Adderall was the least damning on the list. It was all some sort of steroids or HGH or whatever. Sherman couldn't go from an average player in college to a super star on his own and same with Browner going from being a good CFL player to a pro bowler.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know a put if it is a masking agent but that had nothing to do with the Seahawks getting busted. They failed drug tests but in their CBA they can't release what they really failed so Adderall was the least damning on the list. It was all some sort of steroids or HGH or whatever. Sherman couldn't go from an average player in college to a super star on his own and same with Browner going from being a good CFL player to a pro bowler.
OK. My point is I don't think Reigns is taking Adderall for it's intended purpose of he wouldn't have been suspended.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. My point is I don't think Reigns is taking Adderall for it's intended purpose of he wouldn't have been suspended.

Not necessarily, Adam Rose got suspended for Adderall and he even had a prescription for it.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he showed the doctors note and everything, now you could argue that he forged that but then you're getting into real conspiracy theorist territory there.
And then promptly pulled them off Twitter and took his suspension. #notbuyinghiswhining

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans seemed loud and supportive Sunday, pretty decent monday as well.