• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roll Call for NY Yankees Fans

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious how many Yankees fans are on this board. So far I see two fans that post daily and another 3 that chime in once in a blue moon.

1. bksballer89
2. CSD
3. purguy12
4. obxyankeefan
5. $500 Million
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious how many Yankees fans are on this board. So far I see two fans that post daily and another 3 that chime in once in a blue moon.

1. bksballer89
2. CSD
3. purguy12
4. obxyankeefan
5. $500 Million
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?

StanMarsh

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There he is! how was Aruba?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for some reason I'm still a Yankee fan and have been for 52 yrs. Why ? I have no idea. The Yanks today are less likeable than ever. For me this is worse than the bad Steinbrenner yrs in many ways.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for some reason I'm still a Yankee fan and have been for 52 yrs. Why ? I have no idea. The Yanks today are less likeable than ever. For me this is worse than the bad Steinbrenner yrs in many ways.

What is it that you don't like about the NY Yankees?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it that you don't like about the NY Yankees?
take a look at this team and tell me who you root for ? We're old , real old and filled with guys who don't live up to all the BS hype and billion $$ contracts. We have a mgr with the imagination of a door knob. I can't think of a guy on this team I root for or give a shit about. We're in a non stop phase of replacing players with older less productive players. We have nothing of a farm system and don't seem to care about that. All Cashman does is try to find players outside the organization to fill the nonstop leaks in the boat. It doesn't work and won't work. During the great yrs we had guys who came up thru the system and some other key players added. Today we have Brian Roberts, Carlos Beltran , Mark Teixeira and on and on. If this is your idea of what the Yanks are all about then good for you. To me this is a disgrace and I'm way past tired of it. The front office has had this attitude that the Yanks only need to show up and everyone will lay down. Those days are long gone and it's about time they figured this out. Everyone has to rebuild and the Yanks are no different. They need an entire infield not to mention some starting pitchers. Cashman acting as though this isn't the case is only making himself look like a fool. Back to Girardi since you've now got me going. An avg LL coach could do exactly what he does with the exact same results. He manages strictly by the modern day book of starters only go five ,pitch counts , middle relief then set up guys then a closer who is the most meaningless player on the roster and yes that includes Mariano Rivera(when he was playing) but that's another conversation. Girardi takes no chances because he's deathly afraid of the criticism/NY media. So he rolls the ball on the field and sits back and waits till the alarm clock goes off and starts the cycle of relief pitchers. This whole team is a mess and will not fool many for much longer , if they're fooling anyone. It would take a colossal fuck up by a few teams for the Yanks to make the playoffs and they won't last long if they make it. Glad ya asked?

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take a look at this team and tell me who you root for ? We're old , real old and filled with guys who don't live up to all the BS hype and billion $$ contracts. We have a mgr with the imagination of a door knob. I can't think of a guy on this team I root for or give a shit about. We're in a non stop phase of replacing players with older less productive players. We have nothing of a farm system and don't seem to care about that.

All Cashman does is try to find players outside the organization to fill the nonstop leaks in the boat. It doesn't work and won't work. During the great yrs we had guys who came up thru the system and some other key players added. Today we have Brian Roberts, Carlos Beltran , Mark Teixeira and on and on. If this is your idea of what the Yanks are all about then good for you. To me this is a disgrace and I'm way past tired of it.

The front office has had this attitude that the Yanks only need to show up and everyone will lay down. Those days are long gone and it's about time they figured this out. Everyone has to rebuild and the Yanks are no different. They need an entire infield not to mention some starting pitchers. Cashman acting as though this isn't the case is only making himself look like a fool. Back to Girardi since you've now got me going.

An avg LL coach could do exactly what he does with the exact same results. He manages strictly by the modern day book of starters only go five ,pitch counts , middle relief then set up guys then a closer who is the most meaningless player on the roster and yes that includes Mariano Rivera(when he was playing) but that's another conversation.

Girardi takes no chances because he's deathly afraid of the criticism/NY media. So he rolls the ball on the field and sits back and waits till the alarm clock goes off and starts the cycle of relief pitchers. This whole team is a mess and will not fool many for much longer , if they're fooling anyone.

It would take a colossal fuck up by a few teams for the Yanks to make the playoffs and they won't last long if they make it.

Glad ya asked?

Paragraphs help the reader. :suds:

I root for the whole team since they all wear pinstripes. I agree with some of your points and disagree on others. Let's start with what we agree on:

- The average age of NY is 31, and that's the oldest in MLB. With that said, the average age for all other teams is 27-30. Would I like to see a few more younger players? Absolutely. But remember, with age comes experience. Experience pays dividends in the playoffs.

- The farm system. I agree NY has shown weakness in drafting and developing talent the last few years. They don't seem to care about it and it's frustrating to us, the fans. I would like to see more homegrown players like Jeter. Personally I think it's due to two reasons: bad luck and the inability to look at a high school or college kids and see the major league ball player within them.

Here's what I disagree on:

- You say Cashman's system of replacing players to fill the leaks doesn't work. For a team that has shown remarkable success over the past two decades -- 5 World Championships, 13 AL East titles and 17 postseason appearances in the past 19 seasons., I'd say it's working. It hasn't always been pretty, but the Yankees are the most successful team in all of MLB the last 20 years. You could always be a fan of the Royals, they haven't won anything since 1985. Just some food for thought..

- Joe Girardi. He recently won his 600th game as Yankees manager. He managed them to a WS win in just his second season as Yankees skipper. I've been watching the Yankees since 1986 when Lou Piniella managed. Personally, I think Joe Torre was one of the best Yankees skippers ever and his number will be retired later this season as it should be. Where does Girardi rank, we can't answer that yet. I'd say he's average and gets the job done, but to say he has an imagination of a door knob is over the top.

- Mariano Rivera and the role of having a closer. Do you realize how successful this guy was in closing the door of opposing teams during all those playoff runs, dating back to 1995? He was flawless. Mariano was a key piece to the puzzle in the Yankees winning the last 5 championships they won. Calling him and the role of closer a meaningless position is the nuttiest statement I've ever read on an internet forum.

Yes I'm glad I asked. Yankees fans on this forum for the most part are very quiet and rarely post, so this discussion among mutual fans is refreshing to see.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,768.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how could you guys forget about me? the guy behind mlb pick em that I hope everyone is enjoying thus far

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how could you guys forget about me? the guy behind mlb pick em that I hope everyone is enjoying thus far

I've never seen you before. We've been posting daily threads and off topic discussion for the Yankees in the sub-forum, perhaps you can visit sometime.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks all the Yankee fans are stuck in the woodwork. :scratch:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There he is! how was Aruba?

Hot and expensive, but overall had a good time (thanks for asking). Got a nasty heat rash on my arm, but what are you gonna do..

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot and expensive, but overall had a good time (thanks for asking). Got a nasty heat rash on my arm, but what are you gonna do..

Arm or third leg???

Oh yea and I am a yankee fan, but I avoid posting on sub forums... I occasionally join in, but that is very occasionally...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come?

I am assuming when you say sub forum you are talking about the Yankees forum... there is just not much traffic, and it is too doom and gloom for me... not to mention to much of stating the obvious...

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming when you say sub forum you are talking about the Yankees forum... there is just not much traffic, and it is too doom and gloom for me... not to mention to much of stating the obvious...

Hence this thread! :whistle:

this is my attempt to wake up the Yankee faithful. Start posting, join the rest of us and we'll get some decent threads going. :suds:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of good Yankee posters on ESPN.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paragraphs help the reader. :suds:

I root for the whole team since they all wear pinstripes. I agree with some of your points and disagree on others. Let's start with what we agree on:

- The average age of NY is 31, and that's the oldest in MLB. With that said, the average age for all other teams is 27-30. Would I like to see a few more younger players? Absolutely. But remember, with age comes experience. Experience pays dividends in the playoffs.

- The farm system. I agree NY has shown weakness in drafting and developing talent the last few years. They don't seem to care about it and it's frustrating to us, the fans. I would like to see more homegrown players like Jeter. Personally I think it's due to two reasons: bad luck and the inability to look at a high school or college kids and see the major league ball player within them.

Here's what I disagree on:

- You say Cashman's system of replacing players to fill the leaks doesn't work. For a team that has shown remarkable success over the past two decades -- 5 World Championships, 13 AL East titles and 17 postseason appearances in the past 19 seasons., I'd say it's working. It hasn't always been pretty, but the Yankees are the most successful team in all of MLB the last 20 years. You could always be a fan of the Royals, they haven't won anything since 1985. Just some food for thought..

- Joe Girardi. He recently won his 600th game as Yankees manager. He managed them to a WS win in just his second season as Yankees skipper. I've been watching the Yankees since 1986 when Lou Piniella managed. Personally, I think Joe Torre was one of the best Yankees skippers ever and his number will be retired later this season as it should be. Where does Girardi rank, we can't answer that yet. I'd say he's average and gets the job done, but to say he has an imagination of a door knob is over the top.

- Mariano Rivera and the role of having a closer. Do you realize how successful this guy was in closing the door of opposing teams during all those playoff runs, dating back to 1995? He was flawless. Mariano was a key piece to the puzzle in the Yankees winning the last 5 championships they won. Calling him and the role of closer a meaningless position is the nuttiest statement I've ever read on an internet forum.

Yes I'm glad I asked. Yankees fans on this forum for the most part are very quiet and rarely post, so this discussion among mutual fans is refreshing to see.

I'm not gonna hi jack the thread but I will tell you without hesitation the role of a closer is the single most overrated job in sports today. Saves are a completely meaningless stat that measure absolutely zero. "closing the door" in the playoffs is wildly overstated. A closer in this day and age has to do nothing but get 3 outs while walking in the door with no one on base and enjoying a lead as much as 3 runs. Most SS can walk in and do that on any given day. It simply is a joke that fools fewer people everyday.