• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers to meet with the Jets

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports "there's optimism in the Jets’ organization that they are on the brink" of acquiring Aaron Rodgers.​

Jets officials, including owner Woody Johnson, met with Rodgers in "extensive" talks this week, according to Russini, and Johnson left the sit-down "excited and satisfied" with Rodgers' potential fit in the Jets offense. Russini said the Packers and Jets "remain engaged in conversations about compensation and contract" and that "those conversation already started before the meeting." With the Packers reportedly ready to move on from their longtime quarterback, Rodgers could become a Jet in the coming days -- barring a last-minute change of heart for the mercurial QB. The Jordan Love era in Green Bay seems close at hand, and the Zach Wilson era in New York appears over.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports "there's optimism in the Jets’ organization that they are on the brink" of acquiring Aaron Rodgers.​

Jets officials, including owner Woody Johnson, met with Rodgers in "extensive" talks this week, according to Russini, and Johnson left the sit-down "excited and satisfied" with Rodgers' potential fit in the Jets offense. Russini said the Packers and Jets "remain engaged in conversations about compensation and contract" and that "those conversation already started before the meeting." With the Packers reportedly ready to move on from their longtime quarterback, Rodgers could become a Jet in the coming days -- barring a last-minute change of heart for the mercurial QB. The Jordan Love era in Green Bay seems close at hand, and the Zach Wilson era in New York appears over.

If the Jets trade for Rodgers and take his circus and portion of his inflated salary from Packers for a couple of draft picks... I will make the Jets my 2nd team just for doing Packers this favor :suds:

1678388523371.png

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets almost made the playoffs with no quality QB play. They will be the team to beat in the AFC East if Rodgers suit up. Unless of course the Bills are paper Super Bowl champs again this offseason.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets almost made the playoffs with no quality QB play. They will be the team to beat in the AFC East if Rodgers suit up. Unless of course the Bills are paper Super Bowl champs again this offseason.
Maybe but depending on Tua's health, it will be a 3 team dogfight and I still think the Bills will be the team to beat in the div. Even if they somehow get into the playoffs, Rodgers will fold and they will be one and done. Typical Jets desperation move to get a little bit of nothing.

My take on this is they have an issue with their #2 overall draft pick being too immature and he needs guidance to live up to his potential and they are going to bring in a 40 year old, petulant child who has on numerous occasions, shown he is unwilling to teach younger players and is well on the downside of the hill and not likely turning back the clock.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jets trade for Rodgers and take his circus and portion of his inflated salary from Packers for a couple of draft picks... I will make the Jets my 2nd team just for doing Packers this favor :suds:

View attachment 322952

Normally I would say careful what you wish for. Having Rodgers HOF play for a decade plus has spoiled you. Get ready for a decade of sub-par QB play.

.....but I said that when you traded Favre to the Jets. I have learned my lesson.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1678469711211.png

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to post this song so many times, but now with AR in the running it seems to be so wonderful …

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 322952

Just when the going gets good,Aaron is most likely leaving.....what a bummer,I wanted to make him our bitch the next couple of years........occasion14.gif