• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivalry replacements?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rusher what do you think about Maryland as a consistent rivalry game? I would like a WVU to get someone to play during rivalry week. Ideally for me it would be Pitt thanksgiving day since that would kick off rivalry weekend.

They kinda have that Pitt feel too as far as not capitalizing on their potential but the continued exposure for recruiting that area would be good for us imo. Id be ok with them for that reason but I get the feeling we wont be seeing them much in the future either, well see.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for my family it is a good rivalry but nationally not that big of deal.

I think it is important for to have this "rivalry game" if not for the only that alot of times when you have a down season you can build off that last win over the rival. I thinkmin the Big 12 we are going to have some seasons where you need that big win at the end of the season. you can get the team fired up hopefully for the last game with all the rivalry weekend stuff going on. Beating Iowa st is ho hum, losing to them is even worse than losing to Pitt IMO

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating Iowa st is ho hum, losing to them is even worse than losing to Pitt IMO

True on many levels…

Look at what it cost Okie St in 2011.

And, if you lose to Pitt… there is that ready-made excuse… "Anything can happen in a rivalry game."

I don't know who said that, but like the effect of putting it in quotes…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
104 year rivalry can NOT be replaced is what it boils down to. EVERY team goes through dry spells, there were several years where UM owned OSU, and several where OSU owned UM, NO ONE on either side said the game did not matter. I want sPitt back on the schedule, if both teams are 11-0, or 0-11 at the time, it still means more to me than ANY B12 team.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call the Techsters. They are desperately looking for a rival ever since Aggy left. However, they can be jerkoffs when they are at The Jones......

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the box here.....

What about rescheduling Cincinnati?

I think that would be a great rivalry, plus...

I think they are joining the Big 12 in the next round of expansion.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the box here.....

No excitment at all with that prospect.....it really is hard to steer clear of Pitt when talking about a true rivalry game...then if i had to put a order I would say Cuse, Maryland, and Va Tech.

It is hard to replace history...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call the Techsters. They are desperately looking for a rival ever since Aggy left. However, they can be jerkoffs when they are at The Jones......
Jerkoffs eh? It'd be just like having Pitt back! lol

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating Iowa st is ho hum, losing to them is even worse than losing to Pitt IMO

meh, I don't think there is that much shame losing to them, especially out there, their place is usually better attended than a lot of the old BE teams and a tougher place to play other than maybe Pitt for our game.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the box here.....

I think Cincy should be a B12 add, I would have rather had them over Louisville..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cincy should be a B12 add, I would have rather had them over Louisville..

Really? Can't say the same, the Ville have upgraded their stadium and facilities, have more national attention, and the bball addition would make the B12 above all! I forgot concy had a team since we left the BE! :lol::suds:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since UofL has found a home in the ACC, I would like to add Cincy as well. They are making a major investment into their facilities. I think either BYU or UCF would make a nice addition to get to 12.

I guess we'll see how the whole playoff scenario works before there is expansion…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, I don't think there is that much shame losing to them, especially out there, their place is usually better attended than a lot of the old BE teams and a tougher place to play other than maybe Pitt for our game.

This team avg 5 wins over the last 5 seasons, losing to them this year was horrible as I think it would be most years WVU losing to them. Losing to Pitt like BB said always has that built in "rivalry game" and I know you are not getting fired up for Iowa St like you would a Pitt game, no freaking way! :suds: lol

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANYONE who says they get more excited to play IAST or Kansas than sPitt is a liar trying to give kudos to Luck. There is no way a true Mountaineer would believe that.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANYONE who says they get more excited to play IAST or Kansas than sPitt is a liar trying to give kudos to Luck. There is no way a true Mountaineer would believe that.
Until Pitt is back on the schedule, I can honestly say this and still be a Mountaineer fan. Until this happens, you're holding on to a pipe dream. Just like your $0.50 hot dogs and $0.25 cokes.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely am not questioning anyone's true love for the mountaineers, I would just prefer Pitt at the end of the season, basically it is another home game no matter where it is played! :laugh3:

More important than that I would also like them to separate the Kansas and Iowa St games...no disrespect to eith program but those games mixed into the middle of our schedule around some of the other guys might help. Once we start conf play we have a tough road to haul. I truly feel during most seasons we are going to beat Kansas and Iowa St.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Luck had nothing to do with the reason Pitt is no longer on the schedule.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Pitt is back on the schedule, I can honestly say this and still be a Mountaineer fan. Until this happens, you're holding on to a pipe dream. Just like your $0.50 hot dogs and $0.25 cokes.
What was our attendance for Iowa State? 30k? Yeah... That's much better than a sellout.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Luck had nothing to do with the reason Pitt is no longer on the schedule.
Well, he did in a roundabout way. Luck got us into the Big XII, which is why Pitt is gone. It's an indirect result from a move Luck made. Which was the correct move to make, and is paying dividends to the program. Had he not made that move we'd be sitting in the leftovers of the old BE, scratching our heads...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was our attendance for Iowa State? 30k? Yeah... That's much better than a sellout.
Are we talking attendance or rivalries that are no longer there? I'd rather see VATech and PSU on the schedule, but reality, right now, is that I'm excited playing Kansas & Iowa State.

Do you think that maybe Thanksgiving break had anything to do with attendance? Not that the students were really supporters of this team the last few years.