• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rick Dennison Appreciation Thread

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Head Coaching is not about X's and O's and completely about what type of game plan you can come up with. It is about being a psychologist, mentor, motivator, manager, and so on. They are involved in game planning yes but we still see the best teams let their coordinators do their job for the most part. The two teams in the Super Bowl have a DC and OC that do all the play calling during the game. In the Championship games I think only McCarthy is the only head coach that does some of the play calling for his team. Also on that note McCarthy when he became a Head Coach his offense the year before ranked in the 30's. Well he has won a Super Bowl and done pretty darn well making the playoffs I think every season since he took over.

So no I don't worry a whole lot about where Joseph's defense ranked his year at Miami. I worry about can he lead men and be a great communicator among his players, coaches, and the front office to make sure everybody is on the same page. Can he manage those groups to make sure he is getting the most out of each of them? Can he handle conflict because it will happen?

Marty says hello .

You are taking a past that cannot complete be done .

1 Dirty play they call it .

2 This game is how smart you are now .Sorry it will not You can only hit so many teams into submission . Injury at week 8 or 10 will get you .

3 The NFL would fine the players into submission

I would worry about this coach he has not proved a damn thing . He should be a DC that's it he has proven a damn thing . He should have to at least shown something .

He also should not be our DC we had the best in the NFL .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I am now a troll I get that see yawl around

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, I'm lost. Why are you a troll? You have an opinion and because it's not mainline, you have every right to be wrong...or right. I don't know anyone here who wants you to fade away from this forum! Some of us may throw a barb or two at you, but that's what guys do to their friends. Like me calling D.C. A Class A jerk this week - I can do that because we are friends.

Come on Dad! :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I second what SS said

Crash, you know I love you and I think I speak for many others when I say that you are a one-of-a-kind awesome member here

YOU JUST KEEP BEING YOU !!!

Do we need to get Alex Gibbs in here to straighten you out ??

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Head Coaching is not about X's and O's and completely about what type of game plan you can come up with. It is about being a psychologist, mentor, motivator, manager, and so on. They are involved in game planning yes but we still see the best teams let their coordinators do their job for the most part. The two teams in the Super Bowl have a DC and OC that do all the play calling during the game. In the Championship games I think only McCarthy is the only head coach that does some of the play calling for his team. Also on that note McCarthy when he became a Head Coach his offense the year before ranked in the 30's. Well he has won a Super Bowl and done pretty darn well making the playoffs I think every season since he took over.

So no I don't worry a whole lot about where Joseph's defense ranked his year at Miami. I worry about can he lead men and be a great communicator among his players, coaches, and the front office to make sure everybody is on the same page. Can he manage those groups to make sure he is getting the most out of each of them? Can he handle conflict because it will happen?

Also as a Bills fan I know they let their best Pass Rusher go and replaced him with Mario Williams they have been terrible on their secondary for quite a while. and Kiko Alonzo is the only LB on their team I can name. Plus you had SUH sucking up the majority of the money on defense Im surprised they were as high as 26th. Also from an outside perspective of the Broncos I think losing Phillips will hurt but the D talent is still on the field. Simien did decent for what he had to work with if you can get a RB to help take the pressure off him I think he will be even better.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as a Bills fan I know they let their best Pass Rusher go and replaced him with Mario Williams they have been terrible on their secondary for quite a while. and Kiko Alonzo is the only LB on their team I can name. Plus you had SUH sucking up the majority of the money on defense Im surprised they were as high as 26th. Also from an outside perspective of the Broncos I think losing Phillips will hurt but the D talent is still on the field. Simien did decent for what he had to work with if you can get a RB to help take the pressure off him I think he will be even better.

I guess to me when I see that 26th or 29th in total defense stat it just makes me laugh. Total yards don't mean a whole lot if the other team isn't scoring. Broncos back in 2008 if I remember right had the 2nd ranked offense in total yards. The issue was they were terrible in the red zone and were 16th in points scored. I couldn't care less if my QB throws for 300 yards a game if it still means we are only scoring 20 points a game. At least with Miami they were great on 3rd down defense (ranked 4th) and were very good in the red zone. Those were 2 things the Broncos did struggle with a lot this year.

Phillips leaving isn't ideal for sure. I like the guy we got to replace him from in house that other teams were wanting but still he is raw so have to see what he can do.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me when I see that 26th or 29th in total defense stat it just makes me laugh. Total yards don't mean a whole lot if the other team isn't scoring. Broncos back in 2008 if I remember right had the 2nd ranked offense in total yards. The issue was they were terrible in the red zone and were 16th in points scored. I couldn't care less if my QB throws for 300 yards a game if it still means we are only scoring 20 points a game. At least with Miami they were great on 3rd down defense (ranked 4th) and were very good in the red zone. Those were 2 things the Broncos did struggle with a lot this year.

Phillips leaving isn't ideal for sure. I like the guy we got to replace him from in house that other teams were wanting but still he is raw so have to see what he can do.

It is easier to defend in the red zone so if you have a terrible secondary it would be easy to get into the red zone but not be able to punch it in. Which the Dolphins dont have a terrible one they just arent that good. The only downside is switching to a 4-3. Correct me if im wrong but didnt Wade run a 3-4 and I think the Dolphins ran a 4-3 last year which could limit Ware and Miller for you guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easier to defend in the red zone so if you have a terrible secondary it would be easy to get into the red zone but not be able to punch it in. Which the Dolphins dont have a terrible one they just arent that good. The only downside is switching to a 4-3. Correct me if im wrong but didnt Wade run a 3-4 and I think the Dolphins ran a 4-3 last year which could limit Ware and Miller for you guys.

I'm honestly not completely sure what they all did down in Miami. I know they have run 4-3 quite a bit in the past so wouldn't shock me if they did again this year. The Broncos though did hire from within so my guess is they stick with a similar scheme to what we have seen. Really anymore though because teams play so much time in the nickel I'm not sure 4-3 or 3-4 matters a whole lot. The biggest difference anymore is whether that 4th rusher has his hand in the dirt or not. To me the one thing I am worried about is does our defense stay as creative and aggressive as it was under Phillips? There were times where he was almost too aggressive but then again his work in the playoffs 2 seasons ago was nothing short of genius. He went against his usual aggressive man coverage style of play and did a ton of 3-man rush/zone coverage type things against the Pats. One of the best games I have ever seen called.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not completely sure what they all did down in Miami. I know they have run 4-3 quite a bit in the past so wouldn't shock me if they did again this year. The Broncos though did hire from within so my guess is they stick with a similar scheme to what we have seen. Really anymore though because teams play so much time in the nickel I'm not sure 4-3 or 3-4 matters a whole lot. The biggest difference anymore is whether that 4th rusher has his hand in the dirt or not. To me the one thing I am worried about is does our defense stay as creative and aggressive as it was under Phillips? There were times where he was almost too aggressive but then again his work in the playoffs 2 seasons ago was nothing short of genius. He went against his usual aggressive man coverage style of play and did a ton of 3-man rush/zone coverage type things against the Pats. One of the best games I have ever seen called.

Fuck the Patriots. God Im waiting for someone to actually hit Brady

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Patriots. God Im waiting for someone to actually hit Brady

I think every fan of the other 31 teams feels the same way. I saw a graph earlier this week that showed the number of fans cheering for the Falcons this weekend and it showed just a sliver of them being actual Falcon fans and the rest just being fans who hate the Patriots. Probably true.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every fan of the other 31 teams feels the same way. I saw a graph earlier this week that showed the number of fans cheering for the Falcons this weekend and it showed just a sliver of them being actual Falcon fans and the rest just being fans who hate the Patriots. Probably true.

Some how they are making NFL football look like Madden it annoys the crap out of me I can scheme a defense to play them but some how other teams cant. Plus all their fans are obnoxious assholes so it makes it easy to hate them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how they are making NFL football look like Madden it annoys the crap out of me I can scheme a defense to play them but some how other teams cant. Plus all their fans are obnoxious assholes so it makes it easy to hate them.

Yeah watching Pittsburgh pretty much just allow the Patriots to do whatever they wanted on offense was just painful to watch. I had to turn it off. I kept thinking at least at half time they will make adjustments but nope lets just keep doing the same thing that is getting us destroyed.

I honestly am shocked more teams haven't tried to copy what the Broncos did in the AFC Championship game last year. I understand not everybody has the pass rushers the Broncos do but dropping into those short zones to make Brady hang onto the football just a bit longer and working to get pressure up the middle is not the hardest thing in the world to do. I mean Houston actually had it working and should have at least made that game close if their offense could have done anything. I'm hoping Atlanta watched that game and saw them send guys like Clowney straight up the middle instead of trying to bend around the edges. The Pats are weak in the middle of that OL. They can't handle speed.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah watching Pittsburgh pretty much just allow the Patriots to do whatever they wanted on offense was just painful to watch. I had to turn it off. I kept thinking at least at half time they will make adjustments but nope lets just keep doing the same thing that is getting us destroyed.

I honestly am shocked more teams haven't tried to copy what the Broncos did in the AFC Championship game last year. I understand not everybody has the pass rushers the Broncos do but dropping into those short zones to make Brady hang onto the football just a bit longer and working to get pressure up the middle is not the hardest thing in the world to do. I mean Houston actually had it working and should have at least made that game close if their offense could have done anything. I'm hoping Atlanta watched that game and saw them send guys like Clowney straight up the middle instead of trying to bend around the edges. The Pats are weak in the middle of that OL. They can't handle speed.

I saw a stat on TV and Brady has a 80 percent completion percentage when he gets rid of the ball at 3 second or under. IF he holds onto the ball beyond that its just above 50. Well damn jam the WR at the line they have a team of slot WR so it shouldnt be hard to knock them off their game in the first 5 yards. Make brady hang on to the ball and he will be less effective. Now I dont want all Pats games but for years I have seen the Bills CB play off the WR and they shred them in the Passing and running game I cant imagine its that much different with other teams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a stat on TV and Brady has a 80 percent completion percentage when he gets rid of the ball at 3 second or under. IF he holds onto the ball beyond that its just above 50. Well damn jam the WR at the line they have a team of slot WR so it shouldnt be hard to knock them off their game in the first 5 yards. Make brady hang on to the ball and he will be less effective. Now I dont want all Pats games but for years I have seen the Bills CB play off the WR and they shred them in the Passing and running game I cant imagine its that much different with other teams.

It does amaze me how many teams play that off man or off zone coverage against them. They don't want to get burned by the quick WR's so they pretty much just let them methodically march down the field hoping the Pats make a mistake. That is great against most teams but the Pats are just too disciplined to make a mistake most of the time. That is why I am saying send your best pass rushers up the middle. Brady panics when he has that quick pressure in his face and has to leave his mark. That is what Houston did and Brady and company actually turned the ball over. That is what the Broncos did the last time they played them in the playoffs and again turnovers/mistakes. You might risk a big play over the top but this is the playoffs where you have to take some risks.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does amaze me how many teams play that off man or off zone coverage against them. They don't want to get burned by the quick WR's so they pretty much just let them methodically march down the field hoping the Pats make a mistake. That is great against most teams but the Pats are just too disciplined to make a mistake most of the time. That is why I am saying send your best pass rushers up the middle. Brady panics when he has that quick pressure in his face and has to leave his mark. That is what Houston did and Brady and company actually turned the ball over. That is what the Broncos did the last time they played them in the playoffs and again turnovers/mistakes. You might risk a big play over the top but this is the playoffs where you have to take some risks.

So two random dudes on the net (speaking for myself) with no athletic ability can come up with a game plan to stop them but professional football coaches and players cant say hey you know what I think this will work.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two random dudes on the net (speaking for myself) with no athletic ability can come up with a game plan to stop them but professional football coaches and players cant say hey you know what I think this will work.

Haha well just goes to show that maybe sometimes these coaches don't always know best. I remember some team in the preseason (I think the Titans) did a fund raiser thing where 2 winners could get to call the first couple of plays of the game. They both went for 1st downs and one of them went for huge yardage. When the coaches actually started calling the game well it wasn't pretty.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha well just goes to show that maybe sometimes these coaches don't always know best. I remember some team in the preseason (I think the Titans) did a fund raiser thing where 2 winners could get to call the first couple of plays of the game. They both went for 1st downs and one of them went for huge yardage. When the coaches actually started calling the game well it wasn't pretty.

What you are saying is I should applied for the Bills vacant coaching position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are saying is I should applied for the Bills vacant coaching position.

Well it might work out better than having hired Dennison. Most Bronco fans were not exactly happy with him this year. Heck most still have no clue what he even did for the team. Most of his time as an OC he had Kubiak calling plays. Kubiak always talked about how he was valuable to him for what he brought to the table but we never fully knew what that was. I hope he works out for you guys though. He is a good dude and has been a part of every Super Bowl we have won here in Denver. It was time for him to go though.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it might work out better than having hired Dennison. Most Bronco fans were not exactly happy with him this year. Heck most still have no clue what he even did for the team. Most of his time as an OC he had Kubiak calling plays. Kubiak always talked about how he was valuable to him for what he brought to the table but we never fully knew what that was. I hope he works out for you guys though. He is a good dude and has been a part of every Super Bowl we have won here in Denver. It was time for him to go though.

Well good think McDermott is the HC and Dennison is just OC. I do think it will be ok its not Rex or Lynn or anyone from his "tree" so that means its should be an improvement.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good think McDermott is the HC and Dennison is just OC. I do think it will be ok its not Rex or Lynn or anyone from his "tree" so that means its should be an improvement.

I like the McDermott hire. He will definitely bring something new to that defense and hopefully revamp them. And Dennison makes a lot of sense if they keep Tyrod Taylor since he already worked with him in the past and was a big advocate for trying to get him to Denver.