• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reuben Foster's Accuser Lied - Says Her Attorney

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will eventually blow over until Foster’s next arrest, Foster is not of the right mind.

So you have to think the timing is funny, when first news broke of this incident you didn’t really hear anything. Then this week the Niners finally really address it, next she is lying. Foster is scum!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will eventually blow over until Foster’s next arrest, Foster is not of the right mind.

So you have to think the timing is funny, when first news broke of this incident you didn’t really hear anything. Then this week the Niners finally really address it, next she is lying. Foster is scum!

Even if the domestic violence charges are dropped he still has weapons charges pending

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing not mentioned is Foster's apparent victim just admitted she lied to police and filed a false police report which is a crime punishable up to six months in jail. I don't know why she just refused to cooperate instead

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing not mentioned is Foster's apparent victim just admitted she lied to police and filed a false police report which is a crime punishable up to six months in jail. I don't know why she just refused to cooperate instead

IMHO the penalty should be to serve the maximum sentence of the crime for which she falsely accused him. Same for anyone that fabricates evidence or hides exculpatory evidence.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's because the DA doesn't need the victim's cooperation to prosecute the accuser. So she probably know that if she doesn't tell the truth, then they will take her not cooperating as just being scared.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because the DA doesn't need the victim's cooperation to prosecute the accuser. So she probably know that if she doesn't tell the truth, then they will take her not cooperating as just being scared.

Are you saying she admitted she lied to make sure he gets off?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying she admitted she lied to make sure he gets off?

No, I'm saying, if she knew she lied on him, then she know if she doesn't come out with the truth, then he might still get prosecuted.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Something still happened or the 9ers wouldn't be expecting him to get dinged with a 6 game suspension.

My guess is he bounced her from the house like a bouncer bouncing a drunk in a bar. Still considered DV under the letter of the law but obviously far less severe than punching her in the head 8-10 times.

That's why the 9ers were caught off guard because all they had was he physically got her out of the house not punched her in the head multiple times.

The whole punching in the head part of the accusations always seemed dubious to me because he's an NFL linebacker and if someone like that punched a woman in the head that many times I don't know if she's getting up and able to call and ask someone to call 911 for her.

At any rate this is why I hate the whole "The team didn't release the guy right away so that must mean the team supports DV/Sexual Assault/ETC" line that's thrown out there a lot. Unless there is a video like in the case of Ray Rice or the person admits to the crime there is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for due process to play out. It just sickens me that the court of public opinion instantly finds a person guilty as soon as an accusation comes out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23318549/ex-girlfriend-49ers-lb-reuben-foster-recants-domestic-violence-claims

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster's former girlfriend released a statement Wednesday in which she says she initially lied to police about him injuring her in a February incident at his home in nearby Los Gatos, Calif.

The statement from San Jose attorney Stephanie Rickard, who identified her client in the statement as Elissa Ennis, said the 28-year-old woman suffered her injuries as the result of a fight with another woman and that there is video documentation of that fight.

"[Foster] did not strike her, injure her or threaten her," Rickard said.

According to the release, Foster attempted to end his relationship with his now former girlfriend after learning of the fight between her and another woman.

"She was extremely upset and told him if he broke up with her she would 'trash his career,'" Rickard said.

Rickard said when Ennis realized what she had done, she attempted to go back to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office in an effort to recant her original statements blaming Foster for her injuries.

The district attorney's office filed charges against Foster on April 12 for domestic violence with an allegation that he inflicted great bodily injury, forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime and possessing an assault weapon, all of which are classified as felonies.

In the district attorney's office's initial accounting of the events of Feb. 11, Ennis flagged down a passing car outside the Los Gatos home after he had dragged her by her hair, punched her in the head eight to 10 times and physically removed her from the house.
This sounds like complete bullshit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like complete bullshit.

How so? Video came out which corroborated Foster's account. Which was that she suffered the injuries in a fight with a woman. She's caught in her lie and admits it. I don't really see what the problem is.

The entire story sounds rather typical, to be honest. Vindictive girlfriend wanted to hurt the athlete who broke up with her. We've seen it a multitude of times before.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Video came out which corroborated Foster's account. Which was that she suffered the injuries in a fight with a woman. She's caught in her lie and admits it. I don't really see what the problem is.
You seen it? I haven't. And this sounds exactly like the stuff ignorant but rich assholes do to buy their way out of trouble.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seen it? I haven't. And this sounds exactly like the stuff ignorant but rich assholes do to buy their way out of trouble.

This also sounds EXACTLY like the stuff vindictive ex-girlfriends do - who didn't want a relationship to end with their celebrity boyfriend/husband, after they've lost control over the situation.

Have I seen the video? Lol - Of course not. It's evidence in an upcoming trial.

I also haven't seen the exonerating evidence in a number of cases. So, I fail to see the point.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

It's impossible to tell at this point so I wouldn't say Foster is innocent or guilty which is why I say people should chill especially the ones that wanted to cut him right off the bat.

Athletes are falsely accused of crap all the time so it wouldn't surprise me if she's lying but on the flipside a lot of women will say it never happened either because of the loss of money involved.

The key will be the video and if it's a recent video of her getting into a violent fight with another woman than I think you have no choice but to go with her statement because at that point you can't tell from who she got those injuries.

And you would need to see pictures of her injuries as well. I'm sure there is going to be a sizable difference in damage done when an NFL linebacker punches you in the head 8-10 times compared to another woman hitting you 8-10 times.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This also sounds EXACTLY like the stuff vindictive ex-girlfriends do - who didn't want a relationship to end with their celebrity boyfriend/husband, after they've lost control over the situation.

Have I seen the video? Lol - Of course not. It's evidence in an upcoming trial.

I also haven't seen the exonerating evidence in a number of cases. So, I fail to see the point.
Yes, you don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed so I'm not surprised at the bolded. If this was story was leaked, so to would have the video. I guarantee you there is nothing to this video.
Now, do vindictive ex girlfriends do this sort of thing? Of course they do but its easily diagnosed prior to charges being brought against the perpetrator. The fact that it took so long to charge Foster tells me the DA probably did his due diligence before bringing the charges.
Rich people do this all the time and this is no different. Especially ignorant boobs with sudden money like Reuben Foster who have a history of stupid behavior.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to tell at this point so I wouldn't say Foster is innocent or guilty which is why I say people should chill especially the ones that wanted to cut him right off the bat.

Athletes are falsely accused of crap all the time so it wouldn't surprise me if she's lying but on the flipside a lot of women will say it never happened either because of the loss of money involved.

The key will be the video and if it's a recent video of her getting into a violent fight with another woman than I think you have no choice but to go with her statement because at that point you can't tell from who she got those injuries.

And you would need to see pictures of her injuries as well. I'm sure there is going to be a sizable difference in damage done when an NFL linebacker punches you in the head 8-10 times compared to another woman hitting you 8-10 times.
I'm thinking this whole story may be fake news. I wonder where it was published. But, anyway, like you, I'm glad the 49ers didn't rush to judgement on this

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something still happened or the 9ers wouldn't be expecting him to get dinged with a 6 game suspension.

My guess is he bounced her from the house like a bouncer bouncing a drunk in a bar. Still considered DV under the letter of the law but obviously far less severe than punching her in the head 8-10 times.

That's why the 9ers were caught off guard because all they had was he physically got her out of the house not punched her in the head multiple times.

The whole punching in the head part of the accusations always seemed dubious to me because he's an NFL linebacker and if someone like that punched a woman in the head that many times I don't know if she's getting up and able to call and ask someone to call 911 for her.

At any rate this is why I hate the whole "The team didn't release the guy right away so that must mean the team supports DV/Sexual Assault/ETC" line that's thrown out there a lot. Unless there is a video like in the case of Ray Rice or the person admits to the crime there is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for due process to play out. It just sickens me that the court of public opinion instantly finds a person guilty as soon as an accusation comes out.

I am sure they expected a six game suspension at a minimum because he already has the marijuana incident pending and regardless of what happens with the DV charges, the gun charge would still be an issue regardless of what happens with the DV charge

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Reuben Foster hearing delayed while prosecutors review video evidence

The video is believed to show Ennis, following a road rage-type incident in or near San Francisco, fighting with a woman. Blows are exchanged in the video and the unidentified woman appears to grab Ennis' left ear, which was the one that was ruptured.

If that's what's in the video I would suspect the DA will drop the charges soon.

I don't see how they would be able to land a conviction if the alleged victim said it didn't happen and there is a video that gives a plausible explanation to her injuries.

And it looks like Foster might actually be innocent (mostly) as well.

It's a shame because all this does is screw over the women who are actually assaulted physically or sexually. You just have to take these accusations with a grain of salt because women are so quick to weaponize allegations.

But hopefully (though I know it won't) will calm down those people willing to pick up pitchforks as soon as someone is accused especially if the person has a certain degree of celebrity. I read lots of 9er fans forum posts wanting to cut him and even a local writer saying the 9ers should cut him as well. A team not cutting a player within 5 minutes of an accusation doesn't mean the team condones domestic violence or sexual assault.