• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RESIGN EARL THOMAS!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See. The reason he wanted to be paid is the same reason why he wasn't re-signed. Sucks, but all these guys seen only one play away...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this has a little to do with how much he bulked up also. LoB got it's name and Earl every year came back more swollen than the season before. He is moving around a tank body on a truck frame if you get my meaning. His injuries started piling up then also. Coincidence? maybe but meh i think they do go hand in hand. Dude is jacked big time and he is a little guy or i should say was.

Sucks that was most likely his last game as a hawk and that it happened now. Looks like the Hawks will be missing that 2nd round pick ( and the 6th and 7ths ) in next years draft AND Earl will walk for nothing or maybe a COMP at most but i doubt that. Hawks will spend in FA with the money they will have.

Time to find the guy that is going to team up with McDougald for the next 4 years. One of the Cards players said something that McDougald didn't like and he yelled back " hey they still got me dog"

Last edited:

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this was why he got hurt, just stating an opinion that I have had for a long time.

As the wear and tear of nine football seasons take their toll, combined with getting older, practice, being in football shape (which you can only get with contact), taking care of your body becomes more important. Missing practices and all of pre season just increases the chance of injury

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy on the tears. He made over 60 million with the Seahawks.....he will be fine.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever,you said he is "possibly faking a injury", thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard on this board....the guy is a warrior. Ridiculous.....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get he's crushed cause his season probably over, but can't do that shit and expect to get paid in FA.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching this replay, WHERE did Earl break his leg ? Again i'm not saying it's not possible, but @#$^#@$^ ..

From the replay alone I don't see it, but that would be hard to fake. Whole team circling him and everything...if he faked it that was well fucking played.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been against re-signing Earl - but the lengths people are going to to support Earl is just ridiculous. The team was under no obligation to re-sign him, or even to negotiate with him. It's a business, and it sucks to lose some of your favorite players, but that's what happens.

I meant to say I haven't been against re-signing Earl - not that I have been against re-signing Earl.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever,you said he is "possibly faking a injury", thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard on this board....the guy is a warrior. Ridiculous.....

I agree. He's been very tough and xrays have proved what happened, but it doesn't look bad on replay.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the replay alone I don't see it, but that would be hard to fake. Whole team circling him and everything...if he faked it that was well fucking played.

That would a been very well played... maybe he lobbied the Xray tech! lol kidding of course... bummer he's out, but Earl doesn't want to be in Seattle anymore, that's clear.. He's letting the contract thing fester and now he's got hatred towards the organization.... 8 plus million a year isn't something most of us would be mad about ...

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would a been very well played... maybe he lobbied the Xray tech! lol kidding of course... bummer he's out, but Earl doesn't want to be in Seattle anymore, that's clear.. He's letting the contract thing fester and now he's got hatred towards the organization.... 8 plus million a year isn't something most of us would be mad about ...

Will see what he gets this offseason. I think he'll be 10+ a year but will see what kinda contract he'll get at age 30 and coming off a pretty minor leg fracture.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will see what he gets this offseason. I think he'll be 10+ a year but will see what kinda contract he'll get at age 30 and coming off a pretty minor leg fracture.

Yeah, teams will probably balk on a massive deal at age 30, but the guy can play, so no doubt teams will go after him, be curious to see what he gets...

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, teams will probably balk on a massive deal at age 30, but the guy can play, so no doubt teams will go after him, be curious to see what he gets...
I think he is done....sounds like bone broke in same spot. Who could take a chance on that happening again? He definitely gambled and lost.....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see it end this way, but big sigh of relief the Seahawks didn't cave and give him the kings ransom demand he was asking for at this point in his career. Plays at a pro-bowl level when healthy, but body is a ticking time bomb when it comes to injuries.

All the LOB boys played at a very high, hit like wrecking balls, level of play for their careers and it's caught up with them all down the road, as it does for any NFL player, especially guys sized like DBs who hit like that.

He's gone and so will be his salary hit next year. Same with Chancellor's salary. All off the books. Seahawks will be able to truly rebuild now and spread that salary cap space to multiple players who can come in and contribute.

Will be interesting to see what kind of money he gets. That should be amusing considering what he was demanding this summer.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl wanted OVER 13 million, Hawks were thinking more like 10. As a FA i think he gets 10 not the 13 he wanted but thats just a guess based off the fact that he is injury prone in his older age and has become a distraction at 30 and some teams might just pass. Remember when he had years still left on his contract and broke his leg he was thinking about retiring, funny how he isn't thinking of retiring this time. That kind of shows you what he has turned into.

Love ET, so happy he was a Hawk for so long but he has dirtied himself and it's time for him to go find greener grass elsewhere. I wish him luck and hope the best for him but Karma is a bitch. I don't see him playing another full 16 games again in a season not with how he plays the game and how brittle he now is. His body is giving up on him just like he mentally gave up on his team mate by giving the sideline the middle finger.

Bye ET, loved the way you played and so happy to have been able to watch you play for our beloved Seahawks.you will be in the RoH and HoF one day and i bet you are all smiles then but many wont forget about how you went out.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy on the tears. He made over 60 million with the Seahawks.....he will be fine.

Exactly, the Hawks will have paid him over 55 million dollars throughout his career so far... The Hawks aren't entitled to take care of him on a 3rd contract... I stand behind the Hawks decision to stay pat...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd time he's broken the same leg so i don't see teams viewing it as, "minor"... Not sure how much he'll get... Depends on the interest and market at that time...