• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: RG3 likely won't be back with Redskins next season

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the next great trivial pursuit question becomes... what do you get when you use 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick on a QB... Answer Rg3 for 2.5 years and a conditional 7th round pick in 2016.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess we draft a qb in the second rd or the first ??

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy looks like the real deal.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce petty in the first or the duck guy those are the only 2 qbs with first rd grades so I guess we draft petty

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we get lowballed on a trade offer for Rg3 and open the season with Rg3, Colt and Kirk all competing for the starting spot.

Only way I see us dealing him for nothing is if Colt manages to win out and take the starting role.

We would be stupid to draft a QB in the first round of 2015 with all our other holes.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce petty in the first or the duck guy those are the only 2 qbs with first rd grades so I guess we draft petty

:stephena: Winston has a 1st round grade. I don't think (right now) I have seen anyone project Petty in the 1st.

All in all, this QB class looks pretty weak.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you Shark, but you have to have a good QB to be a contender. Is that guy on our roster?? Who knows. Maybe Colt will show us he could be that guy... But what if he stinks it up?! If he does, I am not going to be at all surprised if we draft one if we are in the Top 5. Maybe a FA (looks like those options will not be great either) could be in the cards as well??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you Shark, but you have to have a good QB to be a contender. Is that guy on our roster?? Who knows. Maybe Colt will show us he could be that guy... But what if he stinks it up?! If he does, I am not going to be at all surprised if we draft one if we are in the Top 5. Maybe a FA (looks like those options will not be great either) could be in the cards as well??

Sparks... you dont follow one mistake by making a rash decision. I never thought griffin would live up to expectations because of his style of play and what we gave up for him. this years QB class is weak and full of questions both on and off the field. We need to admit we are rebuilding. And the first step is to simply say... we dont KNOW what we have at QB right now. So take a season and build the rest of the team (primarily the defense and the O-line). Figure out if any of these three QBs we have can be decent despite our shitty 2014 season, and if not, move forward in 2016 looking for a QB.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Probably a good philosophy there. It just sucks, it feels like we have been rebuilding for 10 years already.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Probably a good philosophy there. It just sucks, it feels like we have been rebuilding for 10 years already.

I agree. But as hard as I have been on Griffin, I think its borderline stupid to give up on him totally at this point. And odds are we wont get anything useful in return from our investment if we try and deal him next year. Worst case, let him compete for the spot next year with Colt and Kirk. If he WINS the position legitimately then great. We resign him long term and take our lumps for doubting him. If he doesnt, we let him walk as a free agent and likely get back atleast what we would get in trade if not more as a compensatory pick in 2017. BUt unless we can deal him for a 2nd PLUS a conditional pick, I really see no good reason to try and deal him for a 3rd-7th rounder which is likely what he would fetch at this point.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the FO tries to move RG in the offseason, I will be interested to see what they could get for him. This QB class looks pretty meh to me and Griffin could easily be the 3rd best option in the offseason behind Mariota and Winston. He doesn't play like the 3rd best option, but some coach somewhere might think they can coach him up. Arizona, Tennessee, St Louis are a few teams that come to mind. I don't think a 2nd or 3rd with a conditional is out if the realm of possibility.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be here next year. We just can't get anything for him to make it worth our while. Depending on how Colt does, he may actually start again this year. I see next year an open competition for QB. I also expect he will work extremely hard and will win that competition.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You guys actually run with a story from a hack like Reid? RG3 may not be back next season, but I certainly would not count on it simply because of some story by the 3rd rate bloggers at the WP. I am sure that they would love to get credit for breaking this news (being the Redskins haters that they are), but this story has no basis at this time. Again - give me actual names for the sources or shut the hell up!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true SoCal. Maybe it is just that... Bullshit... A smokescreen?? But if these conversations have actually taken place do you think "the source" or anyone else in the organization would actually say this publicly?? Just sayin...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true SoCal. Maybe it is just that... Bullshit... A smokescreen?? But if these conversations have actually taken place do you think "the source" or anyone else in the organization would actually say this publicly?? Just sayin...

Oh no - your are correct. Therefore - this organization needs to really crack down if this is the case. If anything along this lines has occurred at Redskins Park then these leaks need to be squashed ASAP. However - in the age of Twitter just about anyone can make up any news, and the media & public is hungry for this type of thing.

It just depresses me that a former great paper like the WP has basically devolved into a source where their sources are no more reputable than anyone on this board or anyone that has a Twitter acct.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no - your are correct. Therefore - this organization needs to really crack down if this is the case. If anything along this lines has occurred at Redskins Park then these leaks need to be squashed ASAP. However - in the age of Twitter just about anyone can make up any news, and the media & public is hungry for this type of thing.

It just depresses me that a former great paper like the WP has basically devolved into a source where their sources are no more reputable than anyone on this board or anyone that has a Twitter acct.

Modern day journalism, throw stuff at the wall and see if it sticks. If not shrug your shoulders and move on. Responsibility and accoutability are long gone.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Modern day journalism, throw stuff at the wall and see if it sticks. If not shrug your shoulders and move on. Responsibility and accoutability are long gone.

Yes. Everyone does it. Some are worse than others.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rumor i have heard the most is foles for Rg3