• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember Wiggins

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players should have to stay in college two years at a minimum.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, two years would be a good play. One year is just BS.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, it's not even a year. It's about a semester and a half.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldnt have to go to school at all. They are 18 arent they?

They don't have to go to school, he's talking about the ones who do decide to go for a year should have to make a two year commitment, that's what he is talking about.. scholarship athletes.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are probably the best example at this too. They got lucky that one year, won the title, but look since then, a bunch of Freshman going out there year after year. Kentucky ends up losing ot the bigger and more experienced team.

:agree:....oops

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE said:
Originally Posted by OregonDucks Yeah they are probably the best example at this too. They got lucky that one year, won the title, but look since then, a bunch of Freshman going out there year after year. Kentucky ends up losing ot the bigger and more experienced team.

tooooo funny. Yeah, they sure got lucky...just beat the snot out of everybody. Just might happen again..LOL

asindc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by OregonDucks Yeah they are probably the best example at this too. They got lucky that one year, won the title, but look since then, a bunch of Freshman going out there year after year. Kentucky ends up losing ot the bigger and more experienced team.

tooooo funny. Yeah, they sure got lucky...just beat the snot out of everybody. Just might happen again..LOL

Not everybody.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I'm all for changing the one and done rule, but having said that...

It sounds to me like people are trying to blame the kids or imply the kids are making a bad decision for jumping to the league after a year. To you I say: Eat a dick.

I love college hoops, and hate to see kids leave after a year, but put yourself in their position and see how you feel about it. You say they aren't ready because they'll just end up riding the bench for 3 years? Okay. If it was you, (and you're 19 years old) would you rather play ball in college for an extra 3 years, while a bunch of people you've never met get rich off of your talent and hard work, then jump to the pros and start playing when you're "ready", or would you rather leave immediately, ride the bench in the NBA for 3 years, then start playing in the NBA when you're "ready." Oh, in case you didn't realize, you'll be making 3 million a year while riding the pine in the NBA with that lottery contract you signed.

Granted some of the players leave early and get drafted late, and they're idiots, but most of them leave when their stock is high enough to justify it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I'm all for changing the one and done rule, but having said that...

It sounds to me like people are trying to blame the kids or imply the kids are making a bad decision for jumping to the league after a year. To you I say: Eat a dick.

I love college hoops, and hate to see kids leave after a year, but put yourself in their position and see how you feel about it. You say they aren't ready because they'll just end up riding the bench for 3 years? Okay. If it was you, (and you're 19 years old) would you rather play ball in college for an extra 3 years, while a bunch of people you've never met get rich off of your talent and hard work, then jump to the pros and start playing when you're "ready", or would you rather leave immediately, ride the bench in the NBA for 3 years, then start playing in the NBA when you're "ready." Oh, in case you didn't realize, you'll be making 3 million a year while riding the pine in the NBA with that lottery contract you signed.

Granted some of the players leave early and get drafted late, and they're idiots, but most of them leave when their stock is high enough to justify it.

you can not be anymore right you straight nailed it to the ground. seriously why would you stay in college, play for free when you can be making (at the lowest rate) league minimum playing in the NBA. Infact I think brandon jennings did it right when he didnt go to college and went to europe to play ball and went to the NBA when he was age eligible.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to answer the thread i was on record as saying that jabari parker is the best prospect in the draft and anybody who passes on him will regret this man is a future all star at the pros

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball leagues like the NBA should be able to require whatever they want before a kid can enter their league.

Just like any other profession. You can't just become a Doctor without the proper schooling, or a certified electrician without the proper training. Even if you are super smart and already know everything.

There are requirements in almost everything.

asindc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basketball leagues like the NBA should be able to require whatever they want before a kid can enter their league.

Just like any other profession. You can't just become a Doctor without the proper schooling, or a certified electrician without the proper training. Even if you are super smart and already know everything.

There are requirements in almost everything.

Both of you are right. I don't blame the kids, but I damn sure don't blame the Association, either.

asindc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Parker over Wiggins 8 days of the week.