• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember Wiggins

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins may thrive in the one on one NBA game.

DOn't think he will live up to the ridiculous hype though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said you wont hear is name after the draft and summer league for another 4 years. Because these kids straight out of high school aren't ready to be in the league besides a rare few. Wiggins was a glorified 5 star recruit and he proved he isn't ready for the big leagues yet. But he will go, they all go.

Man I will bet you any sum of money you would like that hes a all star within 4 years.

These kids out of high school are not ready? Would like some out of high school examples?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of you saying Wiggins won't be good. Sorry, I disagree strongly. You realize how rare it is for a frosh to average 17 a game against one of the toughest schedules of all-time? Also how many talented offensive players Kansas has, so he got a lot fewer shots. If he was on Duke we would be talking about a kid that averaged 22-24 a game.

Yes he is much less polished than Parker, but as has ALWAYS been said his ceiling (especially because he actually plays defense) is so much higher than Jabari, and that's why he will go #1. Do you guys think that any of the teams drafting 1 will be in the position to really compete next year? Of course not, which is why you take a Wiggins over Parker every time

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure you were just exaggerating but did you really call him garbage?

That last game. He is a GOOD player. But they said he was the next Lebron, he has the same amount of talent as Lebron does in his deformed pinky toe. :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of you saying Wiggins won't be good. Sorry, I disagree strongly. You realize how rare it is for a frosh to average 17 a game against one of the toughest schedules of all-time? Also how many talented offensive players Kansas has, so he got a lot fewer shots. If he was on Duke we would be talking about a kid that averaged 22-24 a game.

Yes he is much less polished than Parker, but as has ALWAYS been said his ceiling (especially because he actually plays defense) is so much higher than Jabari, and that's why he will go #1. Do you guys think that any of the teams drafting 1 will be in the position to really compete next year? Of course not, which is why you take a Wiggins over Parker every time

I think he can be good, but down the road. If he gets bigger he can finish at the rim, but he won't do that in the NBA right now.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Greg Odom written all over him.

Career ending knee surgery? What a low blow joke of a comment. Oden is a great kid who had his body break down on him. Michael Olowokandi? Make fun of that pick all you want. But Oden? Kid had stud written all over him, just didn't have the knees to do it.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best HS class ever coming into college led by Parker and Wiggins...

= 1 combined win in the tournament...

Looks like these one and done experiments are starting to catch up to the big boys.

Calipari "Best HS recruiting class ever" Wichita State 1 seed vs Kentucky 8 seed.

Wichita State is going to slap the shit out of em.

The recruiting sites have to make a buck too. What's worse is people saying these guys are already NBA stars. :L

This isn't the McDonald's Tournament, ladies and gentlemen. Players/teams have to prove themselves at each level. Injuries, youth, hype, development....all part of the game.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career ending knee surgery? What a low blow joke of a comment. Oden is a great kid who had his body break down on him. Michael Olowokandi? Make fun of that pick all you want. But Oden? Kid had stud written all over him, just didn't have the knees to do it.

It could be the same thing! We dont' know how bad his back injury is. And they are still saying a top 3 pick? Dumb.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Idk how anyone could think that Wiggins isn't worthy of a top draft pick.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last game. He is a GOOD player. But they said he was the next Lebron, he has the same amount of talent as Lebron does in his deformed pinky toe. :laugh3:

No doubt those comparisons were idiotic.

The kid can still straight up ball though.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, only just 1 Leb4on and W iggins is not that person.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and checked out some stats from Kevin Durant while he was in college.

Wiggins and Parker are plebs in comparison.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and checked out some stats from Kevin Durant while he was in college.

I doubt their stats are as good as Blake Griffin's.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't even need to look, that skinny kid Durant sure could shoot...still shoots pretty well.

KD is a proven star, at each level.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even need to look, that skinny kid Durant sure could shoot...still shoots pretty well.

KD is a proven star, at each level.

KD could shoot very well at Texas as well, Wiggins doesn't shoot nearly as well as KD in college.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the celts win the lottery and get wiggins.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard time to root for these teams that go after these 1 and done players. You made the bed, now lay in it. They might give you a nice season and a decent run in the tourney, but if you don't win it, it's like starting all over again the next year.

Look at teams like Florida and Wichita State. Those were built with veterans. These one and done programs are annoying.

I agree with what you’ve said. I also believe a lot of people overlook the true culprit here, and that is the NBA. If the NBA didn’t allow colleges and high schools to be raided like they are, none of this would be a problem. I’m sure a lot of people will disagree with me and say the kids have the right to go to the NBA whenever they can, but there simply wouldn’t be a problem if the NBA was consistent in not taking underclassmen and high school phenoms. It’s a matter of greed. It’s really not much different in the NFL, other than there are no high schoolers physically mature enough to go straight to the NFL ( or the NFL would have already taken them...).

I’ve had a real problem with these types of policies for years now. But now it’s become such a normal thing to see a guy play one year of college hoops then off to the NBA. That’s not the school’s fault. And we, as fans, condone and let it happen.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for the Milwaukee Bucks , nuff said . When I was growing up this was a excellent organization but the last 15 years or so they have really sucked. I just hope they do the right thing. I actually like Embid, Parker and Wiggins but none of these guys are going to turn around a perennial dud like the Bucks themselves. When Embid was healthy I was really impressed but that back scares me but like I stated I do think eventually all three of these guys turn out to be very good NBA players. Of the three who would you take if you were Milwaukee and got the first pick?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should make it like college football, I think it's three years after you graduate high school? Something like that. But if they want to go, go. But if you go to school, have stay for three years. I think the NBA is suffering a little with all the youngsters, hopping in before they are really ready. If you're a freak like LeBron, just go ahead on in. Otherwise, go to school.