• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reggie Wayne wins the preseason

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a4064840c0acad1a602777846eeed0ca.gif

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton made him. Dude's a scrub.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's badass! He definitely doesn't look like a player in his 14th NFL season! :clap:

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone just go ahead and do what this guy's profile quote suggests.

Peyton is one of the greatest qb's to ever play the game, but back on espn there were a small vocal group that forever carped on, when people pointed out that peyton also has had the benefit of a wonderful group of weapons around him to help him with his accomplishments, that those guys were actually "scrubs" and also the product of peyton "greatness". Interestingly enough, very few people could name the guys around brady before 2007 now. Another interesting trivia question is to name the guys that brady has ever thrown too that has had any success once they leave or are cut (maybe welker will be the first)?

Its all part of the old brady/peyton argument. The problem is that when you get wrapped up in that about anyone, you tend to forget things like the fact that montana had arguably the best defense in the league during his championship runs and that may have had something to do with it, the 3 championships brady won the pats had one of the best defenses in the league, manning had 3 TD's and 7 interceptions during his run to win his championship, so defense might have had something to do with it, and,as I remember, young aaron's team had the fifth overall ranked defense and the 2nd ranked scoring defense for his championship run.

All that being a long winded way of saying that debating who the best "player" is or was is fun, but the only thing that really counts if what you really care about is championships is how good your team is.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy to see that Homerun-Bey guy and Hilton playing so well. That is a pretty lethal group.

Now if we could just find some OG's and see if Holmes can eventually supplant Satele. Oh, and if "Skillet Hands" Fleenor can ever hold on to a pass.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. :nod:

I know that it's only preseason, but it would still suck to be #31: He should have caught that ball, or at least swatted it down to the ground! :doh:

Obviously a bad result for the DB. Kind of funny that he made a nice play on the ball only to give up the fluke TD (even though Wayne made a great play), but the QB, who made a terrible throw (though he may have been under duress), ended up with a TD pass.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously a bad result for the DB. Kind of funny that he made a nice play on the ball only to give up the fluke TD (even though Wayne made a great play), but the QB, who made a terrible throw (though he may have been under duress), ended up with a TD pass.

Some might even say...........

63.jpg

Luck got lucky. :drum:

Last edited by a moderator:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some might even say...........

Luck got lucky. :drum:

LOL I didn't see the whole play, only the part in the video, so I wasn't sure that Luck threw that ball. Guess it wouldn't have been anyone else out there throwing to Wayne, though. Yeah, he definitely lived up to his name on that one!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how they drew it up, it is in the playbook.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Manning is a great QB and works his ass off but give me Brady in a heartbeat.

And find me one team that won the SB with out a pretty good Defense. Last one I can think of that even went to the SB was the Jerry Rice Raiders who got stomped by the Bucs.