• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rees vs. Hendrix

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone still think Hendrix can lead us to wins?

I had a big dislike for Rees. Not b/c the guy is a bad guy, but b/c he lacks the physical skills to be a truly good QB. However, after seeing tonight what I already knew about Hendrix, it's obvious we need Tommy in there if we're going to continue the winning ways this season. I have zero faith in Hendrix.

And our schedule doesn't get too tough over the next 4 games, but defenses have seen what Hendrix brings to the table. Rees may not be mobile(at all), but atleast he can throw and dosn't have to have the playbook closed to a handful of plays. What good is having a mobile QB like Hendrix in there if the defenses will continue to stack 9 and 10 players at the line eh?

Ok, rant over. Rees sucks, but Hendrix sucks more. Thoughts?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh ... I knew this thread was coming.

All of the regulars already know what I think of both Hendrix and Zaire in regard to Rees being the starter. It's nice to have two bro's in SB that eat, drink and sleep ND football and know quite a few of 'insiders' on the team. In a nutshell they told me Hendrix basically stunk in spring training and it truly showed during the B & G game and Zaire is just way too raw with alot of so-called skills. Tommy's poise & experience won him the job as starter.

Again ... Rees >>>> Hendrix/Zaire which = the lesser of all evils.

Last edited by a moderator:

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt and BYU scares me without rees

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Notre Dame to be in this position seems almost shameful. Growing up I never thought that this institution would struggle to recruit better talent at the quarterback position. I am awed by how physically inept and how horrible our quarterbacks struggle at times. I have always held a lot of respect for Rees because he wasn't blessed with the God given tools to succeed yet he has accomplished a fair amount considering his natural talent.

I watch college football as much as anyone and struggle to find teams with less talent at the position. Golsen cheated and Kiel transferred but I still shake my head how this storied football program can find itself in this position. You know your quarterback is really bad when they , the coaches simply refuse to pass the ball. Last night was difficult to watch, but let's look on the bright side, the defense came through.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hendrix may be a mobile QB but I don't see him as a serious running threat. Over and over I hear Hendrix is a dual threat and from what I have seen he is no threat at all. Hendrix may be the worst QB in college football. We would be better off with two backs in the backfield (no Hendrix) because one back could block.

The defense was outstanding last night. The offense also played well until Rees went down. I don't know how we will be able to move the ball if Hendrix is QB. What amazes me about Hendrix is how he can be a senior at ND and be that bad. I wonder why we have wasted a roster spot for him. Gunner might still be here if he hadn't perceived Hendrix as being ahead of him on the depth chart. How many other roster spots are taken with lousy players like Hendrix?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win yesterday. D played awesome.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Notre Dame to be in this position seems almost shameful. Growing up I never thought that this institution would struggle to recruit better talent at the quarterback position. I am awed by how physically inept and how horrible our quarterbacks struggle at times. I have always held a lot of respect for Rees because he wasn't blessed with the God given tools to succeed yet he has accomplished a fair amount considering his natural talent.

Thing you gotta remember is Rees and Hendrix were actually Weis recruits that stuck with us after he was fired. We were having a lousy season and the widespread speculation that Weis would be gone meant that 3* guys like Rees and 4* spread guys like Hendrix were the ceiling. Since Kelly's been here he brought in two very identical style guys in Golson and Zaire. The former got himself kicked out and the latter isn't ready for prime time. He also brought in Keil who left of his e accord. All things being equal he's started with very little and has to get the depth back.

I've heard that Hendrix is a serious student (pre-med) and being buried on the depth chart has shifted his focus so I hear.

Long story short more reaping of the 18-20 years of mediocrity has sewn

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I don't get how we dont have better talent at the QB position. If the Frosh cant play then we are in trouble. That means he isnt good either. If he cant play in front of Hendrix then something is wrong. I been saying all year throw in the Frosh because this season is some what a waste, so why not give him experience. Last night was his shot and they went with Hendrix. Not a good sign.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't win another game if Hendrix is the QB.

Good news is that Rees seems fine. Day to day and is expected to return to practice on tuesday

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to throw much against Air Force but Rees needs to play for at least a threat of throwing. You could put all 11 guys in the box if Hendrix is the QB

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watch college football as much as anyone and struggle to find teams with less talent at the position. Golsen cheated and Kiel transferred but I still shake my head how this storied football program can find itself in this position. You know your quarterback is really bad when they , the coaches simply refuse to pass the ball. Last night was difficult to watch, but let's look on the bright side, the defense came through.

Are you kidding me???? BK has become the epitome of a pass happy coach. I scream at his play calling constantly ... especially when he expects Rees to pass on 1st down ... REPEATEDLY! He abondons the running game each and every chance he feels the need to (even when it isn't warranted). I'm telling you what ... my patience meter for BK is running very, very low these days.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to Brian Kelly calling pretty much all running plays when Hendrix was in the game even though the Trojans had 9 and 10 men in the box. Yes, I did see his throws and they were pretty hard to watch but you still have to challenge that type of defense. It's like a gift if you can complete a simple pitch and catch. I wasn't referring to Tommy Rees and no I wasn't kidding you, just took it for granted everyone knew I meant Andrew Hendrix and us running nearly every play.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shirley,
You can't be serious? And no I wasn't kidding.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rees is better than Hendrix but he still makes stupid mistakes that I hoped a senior wouldn't do.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to Brian Kelly calling pretty much all running plays when Hendrix was in the game even though the Trojans had 9 and 10 men in the box. Yes, I did see his throws and they were pretty hard to watch but you still have to challenge that type of defense. It's like a gift if you can complete a simple pitch and catch. I wasn't referring to Tommy Rees and no I wasn't kidding you, just took it for granted everyone knew I meant Andrew Hendrix and us running nearly every play.

Ok man ... I was truly hoping you weren't serious! :lol: :suds:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for three years I have been waiting for Hendrix's arm strength and mobility to move him ahead of Rees on the depth chart.(not necessarily ahead of Golson, but ahead of Tommy). I guess it's a safe bet now that that's not happening. I did enjoy reading an article this weekend that refered to the USC game as Tommy Rees Appreciation Night. All his weaknesses both real and imagined seemed a lot less important than his ability to stand in the pocket and find an open receiver. If the defense continues to improve, we should be in good shape for Stanford. (we just need to stay focused until Stanford).

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Freshman will not start as they can still keep him redshirted. Who is behind the freshman is my question as Hendrix was as bad as Ihave ever seen any QB. The coaching staff should be embarrass on how Hendrixplayed it is a reflection on the staff of not having a backup ready to play.The throws he was making for the most part were short easy throws and wow didit look bad.
I hope this message was readable!

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thisis worse than I thought looking at ND depth chart for QB. After Hendrix we haveCharlie Fessinger was not ranked out of high school and did not start until hissenior year. Than we have Cronin who they basically pick up from one of the IMteams last year. We have Malik but I really do not think they will play him ashe will be fighting for starting role next year with Golson. Still I cannot seeanyone playing worse than Hendrix. I just do not see them putting in Zaire withwhat is remaining on the schedule.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thisis worse than I thought looking at ND depth chart for QB. After Hendrix we haveCharlie Fessinger was not ranked out of high school and did not start until hissenior year. Than we have Cronin who they basically pick up from one of the IMteams last year. We have Malik but I really do not think they will play him ashe will be fighting for starting role next year with Golson. Still I cannot seeanyone playing worse than Hendrix. I just do not see them putting in Zaire withwhat is remaining on the schedule.

I'd think they might bring Luke Massa back over as an option too. I think he had some reps this summer after Golson's departure. Massa was recruited as a QB but they made him a receiver when he was never going to see the field as a QB. Honestly, if those are our options, burn the freaking redshirt.