• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins reportedly seeking third-round pick for Su’a Cravens

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the NFL, not the X-box Dean. You cant simply turn Injuries off and play the season with your starters. Any one who watched the Redskins last year would know QUALITY depth is just as important as starters. And right now this team is questionable on quality starters, forget depth. But you want to trade up and get a RB?? Personally I figure if Fat Rob was good enough last year... why do we need a RB now actually??

I believe that they still need a RB, but they can find a good one in the later rounds.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets just traded the # 6 overall pick & 3 2nd rd picks to move up 3 spots. What in the hell makes you believe that the Skins can move up 8 spots & throw in so little in return?

Beyond that - Barkley would be great, but there are lots of other RBs who can help the Skins in this draft. You need to let go of this dream.

the trade chart makes it fair valuating Cravens as a late 3rd early 4th round pick. It might take two draft picks plus Cravens

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not really fair Shark. Barkley could be a huge piece of the puzzle beyond the years that Smith is here.

While I don’t typically get overly excited about RBs, I think this guy could be pretty special. I don’t think we should gut the draft, but depending on our glaring needs after FA and what type of draft capital we have to give up, should he drop to 5-8 (I kinda doubt he will fall beyond 5), I would be willing to do a trade. This guy instantly makes us better on O.... for years to come. It has nothing to do with propping Smith up.

this is all about Sharks hidden agenda. He is going to say, if we do well this year, that KC didn't have these type of players. I can see it already. Any sensible Redskin fan would be excited about the possibility of getting Barkley.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not really fair Shark. Barkley could be a huge piece of the puzzle beyond the years that Smith is here.

While I don’t typically get overly excited about RBs, I think this guy could be pretty special. I don’t think we should gut the draft, but depending on our glaring needs after FA and what type of draft capital we have to give up, should he drop to 5-8 (I kinda doubt he will fall beyond 5), I would be willing to do a trade. This guy instantly makes us better on O.... for years to come. It has nothing to do with propping Smith up.

First off, when has a fair evaluation of the situation EVER been a part of the rules around here??

Secondly, I thought we were already better on the offense as of Jan 30th. So apparently we need to get more better. Im cool with that.

Third, if we end up needing to make this trade, it just goes to confirm that Bruce knows dick about talent evaluation and the only safe picks where he is concerned are the no brainer types.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is all about Sharks hidden agenda. He is going to say, if we do well this year, that KC didn't have these type of players. I can see it already. Any sensible Redskin fan would be excited about the possibility of getting Barkley.

Nothing hidden about it Dean. I expect them to try and give Smith the types of tools that through choice or injury Cousins simply didnt have last year.

After giving these tools, I expect this team to finish no better, and likely worse than they finished last year.

And I expect the excuse of choice to be, well it was Smiths first year in the system and he did well in spite of switching systems.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trade chart makes it fair valuating Cravens as a late 3rd early 4th round pick. It might take two draft picks plus Cravens

You can't always go by these charts for the very high picks since teams almost always overpay in those situations (e.g. Jets recent trade or RG3 trade). In a case like Barkley expect another huge overpayment if a trade occurs. I think it would take more (possibly much more) than you are suggesting.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing hidden about it Dean. I expect them to try and give Smith the types of tools that through choice or injury Cousins simply didnt have last year.

After giving these tools, I expect this team to finish no better, and likely worse than they finished last year.

And I expect the excuse of choice to be, well it was Smiths first year in the system and he did well in spite of switching systems.

To me it certainly sounds like you would take much more delight in the Redskins doing poorly than doing well next season. You are obsessed with Bruce Allen. I agree the guy sucks but you have taken this to an insane level.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't always go by these charts for the very high picks since teams almost always overpay in those situations (e.g. Jets recent trade or RG3 trade). In a case like Barkley expect another huge overpayment if a trade occurs. I think it would take more (possibly much more) than you are suggesting.

Yes trade overpays are usually for QB's not RB's.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Skins get more than a conditional 5th rounder for Cravens, I'll be surprised. The fact that he quit on the Skins last season mean realistically, the Skins can't keep him. That kills the Skins' leverage.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, when has a fair evaluation of the situation EVER been a part of the rules around here??

Secondly, I thought we were already better on the offense as of Jan 30th. So apparently we need to get more better. Im cool with that.

Third, if we end up needing to make this trade, it just goes to confirm that Bruce knows dick about talent evaluation and the only safe picks where he is concerned are the no brainer types.

Our running game sucked when KC was here, and right now it still sucks. I don’t believe anyone in their right mind doesn’t realize this or would say anything different. A lot of that is because we’ve been rolling out RBs that would be backups (at best) in other teams.

Now...I wouldn’t say our offense is any better or worse right now. Grant and (likely) Pryor are gone. They sucked. Richardson arrives... we’ll see. KC and CDC... equals.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Barkley could be a special RB. Some team might give up more for that. I dthink but he makes it past the Browns #4 pick.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our running game sucked when KC was here, and right now it still sucks. I don’t believe anyone in their right mind doesn’t realize this or would say anything different. A lot of that is because we’ve been rolling out RBs that would be backups (at best) in other teams.

Now...I wouldn’t say our offense is any better or worse right now. Grant and (likely) Pryor are gone. They sucked. Richardson arrives... we’ll see. KC and CDC... equals.

nahh

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we have lost a 3rd , giving up a 2nd means you start with a 4th 5th 6th and 2 7ths . hard to get quality year one starters out of that group for planning purposes

so you know where i am coming from here is what i "expect " draft picks to come in at

top ten , day one starter , 12 year guys multiple PBS , the rest of the 1st round , day one starter 10 yr guys who make a few pro bowls

2nd rounder maybe mid 1st year starter to year 2 starter (or starter snaps ), 10 yr guy , solid player push for PBS

3rd rounder year 2 starter no later then 3rd year above avg starter 10 yrs

4th rounder 3rd year starter borderline guy most special teams and BU guy 5 years to 7 years , a guy you develop over time
5th rounder special teams guy developmental type 3yrs to 4yrs in NFL
6th rounder long shot guy , special teamer 2-3 years maybe
7th rounder extreme long shot maybe they make a year or 2

rounds 4-7 are guys i take fliers on , you look at a trait or injuries hurt them in college and you roll the dice

when you give up 2nd and 3rd rounders you are really taking the heart of your draft away for a guy who , if he gets hurt or busts out , you ruin one years worth of acquiring young talent

the giants would be fools to pass on barkley if he is there as would the browns . i dont take carlos hyde over barkley

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is gone so i wont do any comparisons between him and CDC . i will deal with what we have an career game manager type who needs weapons on both sides of the ball to win . he cant carry a football team .

that is what we have

i think we are all trying to fix every hole in one off season . it wont happen , so the choice must be offensive weapons vs defensive weapons . in either case the skins will have to rely on unproven young guys

on offense it will be at RB or wr . and TE and LG

on defense it will be d/line , BU ILB , BU OLB , and starting safety as well as CB

i think we can get a quality back in this draft without trading up so i wouldnt do that . if we want to fix the offense first then i draft hernadez at LG first and follow with penny or ballage in round 2

if we go defense then i go payne or vea followed up by either ballage or penny because a good running game helps the defense