• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Redskins @ Eagles, 9/8/19, 1PM, FOX

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will continue to beat this dead horse. The problem with this defense it Jim Schwartz. He does not use the strength of his defense to hide the weaknesses. The front 7 of the Eagles is one of the best in the NFL and the secondary is not as bad as it looked in the first half. You cannot shut down any NFL offense with zone defense. It just does not work. There isn't a QB in the NFL that cannot pick apart a zone yet we always seem to be in that defene in crucial situations.
It is weird system from the standpoint, everyone here is probably a fanboy of Jim Johnson (as they should be), who had an aggressive style. Yet Schwartz might be last in the league in blitzing. But on the other side of the ball, Doug has no problem taking risks and being aggressive. Just weird. Either way, front 4 should have done much better against that shell of an OL in the first half.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is weird system from the standpoint, everyone here is probably a fanboy of Jim Johnson (as they should be), who had an aggressive style. Yet Schwartz might be last in the league in blitzing. But on the other side of the ball, Doug has no problem taking risks and being aggressive. Just weird. Either way, front 4 should have done much better against that shell of an OL in the first half.

The Redskins were keeping an extra blocker in and they were putting pressure on Keenum but the soft spots in the zones were easy to find.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins were keeping an extra blocker in and they were putting pressure on Keenum but the soft spots in the zones were easy to find.
If the entire middle of the field is considered a soft spot, I guess so

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas still can't cover. Thank God we got our act together at halftime. Otherwise the skins could have won this cluster by 30 points;.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see that they improved the wide receiver position from last year.
DJax's penalty was truly bone headed.
It looks like when this team plays like they actually give a crap, they are going to be amazing.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading thru the first couple pages looks like we have few broken ankles on the injury list from yesterday's game.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thing of beauty

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see that they improved the wide receiver position from last year.
DJax's penalty was truly bone headed.
It looks like when this team plays like they actually give a crap, they are going to be amazing.

Thoughts on Wentz....we know you feel they babied him too much. I never disagreed; I just felt it wouldn’t matter much. And one game in it didn’t seem to.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So good to have desean back. What a shame we didn't get him for his entire career like we should have.

Wentz was money in the second half. The first half was preseason for the offense. This team is ready to roll.

Sanders looked very good. They could dial Sproles' touches back a bit, but Doug really trusts him. Maybe they were trying to get an extended look at what he has left.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more than willing to write off the first half struggles on offense as "preseason rust", but they need to start scoring in the first quarter.

If Keenum doesn't miss that one throw to McLaurin, it's a different game.

On the plus side of the ledger, Wentz threw some great deep balls yesterday. It helps that he's got one of the best to ever do it running them down, but it seemed like he was all over the place with those throws last year. Even the pass to Goeddert was in a place where he could catch it (a little overthrown, but catchable). He seemed to miss those throws badly last year.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Wentz....we know you feel they babied him too much. I never disagreed; I just felt it wouldn’t matter much. And one game in it didn’t seem to.
I guess that nobody is going to play in preseason anymore. The D was rustier than Wentz.
It's nice that they improved the WR position like I screamed for them to do.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolololololololol. Same ole Philly

Every sport. Biggest chokers when favorites
Ron-Swanson-giggling1.gif

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that nobody is going to play in preseason anymore. The D was rustier than Wentz.
It's nice that they improved the WR position like I screamed for them to do.

Might not be rust.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news ... seems like Malik Jackson may be done for the year ... huge loss.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, he was one of our pieces that made the SB a better percentage. Now we back to normal DT