• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Redskins @ Eagles, 9/8/19, 1PM, FOX

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't look terrible in the first half, defense just couldn't get off the field.

playcalling wasn't his friend either in the first half.

3rd and 1 and you pitch it wide 8 yards behind the LOS?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to complain, first game tale of two halfs and we they made there adjustments the offense went off and the defense finally got some damn pressure on the QB

How about the running game? Seriously I love the rookie but man you have to give more carries to Howard, the dude is a bulldozer!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp....I really wish my prediction wasn’t the case. Good news first (for a guy who just checked highlights this week)

I don’t really see much rust in Wentz. I did recognize rust on the game calling. Tighten that shit up.

Offensive line is beast. When the calls were right the running lanes were fantastic.

GOD DAMNIT....I love having DJax back. Who thought ten years ago this “punk kid” would ever be more than a speed jockey whose game fell way off by this point in his career? He has become a solid professional. Reminds me of other great ones who adapted their game as their main talents (speed here) start to decline.

Now....the bad news.....what in the fuckity fuck secondary? I mean....I didn’t expect world class....but they pulled a bona fide Groundhog Day.

Sluggish offense sapped by questionable play calling to start the game. Defense that can’t get off the field and a secondary that can’t hold. Offense clicks in second half and defense settles down.....wake me up when 2018 ends and 2019 starts. Lol

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to complain, first game tale of two halfs and we they made there adjustments the offense went off and the defense finally got some damn pressure on the QB

How about the running game? Seriously I love the rookie but man you have to give more carries to Howard, the dude is a bulldozer!
since when was sproles a rookie? I couldn't believe how much he was on the field. i figured he would do punt returns and some sub packages.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp....I really wish my prediction wasn’t the case. Good news first (for a guy who just checked highlights this week)

I don’t really see much rust in Wentz. I did recognize rust on the game calling. Tighten that shit up.

Offensive line is beast. When the calls were right the running lanes were fantastic.

GOD DAMNIT....I love having DJax back. Who thought ten years ago this “punk kid” would ever be more than a speed jockey whose game fell way off by this point in his career? He has become a solid professional. Reminds me of other great ones who adapted their game as their main talents (speed here) start to decline.

Now....the bad news.....what in the fuckity fuck secondary? I mean....I didn’t expect world class....but they pulled a bona fide Groundhog Day.

Sluggish offense sapped by questionable play calling to start the game. Defense that can’t get off the field and a secondary that can’t hold. Offense clicks in second half and defense settles down.....wake me up when 2018 ends and 2019 starts. Lol

soft zone with no pressure was a killer in the first half.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soft zone with no pressure was a killer in the first half.

Soft zone with no pressure is going to be a killer almost all the time. I don’t know....Schwartz has done this so many times and then got them together, so I am sure he will again. But god damn....that was a super lack luster no name Redskins offense they let jump all over them.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soft zone with no pressure is going to be a killer almost all the time. I don’t know....Schwartz has done this so many times and then got them together, so I am sure he will again. But god damn....that was a super lack luster no name Redskins offense they let jump all over them.

they only get a pass for pitching a shutout the rest of the way until the game was essentially over.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since when was sproles a rookie? I couldn't believe how much he was on the field. i figured he would do punt returns and some sub packages.

I get Andy flashbacks when I see that. Tunnel vision on a playcall gimmick (they won’t expect this).

That said....Sproles had 9 carries for a 5.2 per carry average. Stat wise not horrid. Until you see Howard had a 7.3 per carry average I guess.

I think they get to see more of this backfield over the next few weeks they figure this mix out.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Andy flashbacks when I see that. Tunnel vision on a playcall gimmick (they won’t expect this).

That said....Sproles had 9 carries for a 5.2 per carry average. Stat wise not horrid. Until you see Howard had a 7.3 per carry average I guess.

I think they get to see more of this backfield over the next few weeks they figure this mix out.
sanders wasn't looking too bad. did well in pass protection and had a TD called back on a BS holding call.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sanders wasn't looking too bad. did well in pass protection and had a TD called back on a BS holding call.

Yeah...didn’t see enough of him in highlights....but I did see his TD run. Which was sweet. I also saw the yellow flag fly behind him but never saw what the penalty was.

I’m not mad at the run game today. It will shake out and it is indeed full of promise. And only 4 runs from Wentz for a few yards. I like that!! I also like only one sack given up (of course we only recorded one sack too)

6/55 on penalties isn’t a bad performance as well.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...didn’t see enough of him in highlights....but I did see his TD run. Which was sweet. I also saw the yellow flag fly behind him but never saw what the penalty was.

I’m not mad at the run game today. It will shake out and it is indeed full of promise. And only 4 runs from Wentz for a few yards. I like that!! I also like only one sack given up (of course we only recorded one sack too)

6/55 on penalties isn’t a bad performance as well.
at least 2 of those runs were sneaks for first downs

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about the Offense. A little rusty at first as would be expected ... but they turned it on in the 2nd half and will continue to get better. DJax was the perfect add to this team. Jordan Howard looked really good ... Sanders showed explosiveness on that TD run (got called back, but shouldn't have been a penalty) ... and Sproles still has juice. That D however does worry me a bit ... that's a bad Offense we played today and there's no reason that side of the ball should have put up the fight they did. Consider me unimpressed with our Defense today.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about the Offense. A little rusty at first as would be expected ... but they turned it on in the 2nd half and will continue to get better. DJax was the perfect add to this team. Jordan Howard looked really good ... Sanders showed explosiveness on that TD run (got called back, but shouldn't have been a penalty) ... and Sproles still has juice. That D however does worry me a bit ... that's a bad Offense we played today and there's no reason that side of the ball should have put up the fight they did. Consider me unimpressed with our Defense today.

Its usually a FG creating defense, but they let 2 shitty long TDs this game. Bad tackling and blown coverage for a bomb.

No way Douglas plays that the way he did without expecting safety help.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its usually a FG creating defense, but they let 2 shitty long TDs this game. Bad tackling and blown coverage for a bomb.

the lack of push from the front 4 against a shitty line was disconcerting. they improved in the second half.

i will say, for how poorly the redskins receivers were billed coming into this game, even on the plays where they weren't wide open, they made some nice plays.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lack of push from the front 4 against a shitty line was disconcerting. they improved in the second half.

i will say, for how poorly the redskins receivers were billed coming into this game, even on the plays where they weren't wide open, they made some nice plays.

Made Maddox look silly on the one play where he slipped 3 times.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. That first TD by Davis it looked like it was an entire secondary of Asante Samuels out there.

I knew the D would be the concern. But that was even beyond expectation. Hopefully it fixes quick.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made Maddox look silly on the one play where he slipped 3 times.
well i was thinking of that one play in the EZ where darby had good coverage, but I think the WR might have actually come down with it had he not stepped out of bounds previously, would have been a great catch.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i was thinking of that one play in the EZ where darby had good coverage, but I think the WR might have actually come down with it had he not stepped out of bounds previously, would have been a great catch.

yeah, that was a great play on the ball. I was thinking "Shit, thats a TD", then they showed a replay of the guy stepping out earlier... whew

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will continue to beat this dead horse. The problem with this defense it Jim Schwartz. He does not use the strength of his defense to hide the weaknesses. The front 7 of the Eagles is one of the best in the NFL and the secondary is not as bad as it looked in the first half. You cannot shut down any NFL offense with zone defense. It just does not work. There isn't a QB in the NFL that cannot pick apart a zone yet we always seem to be in that defene in crucial situations.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will continue to beat this dead horse. The problem with this defense it Jim Schwartz. He does not use the strength of his defense to hide the weaknesses. The front 7 of the Eagles is one of the best in the NFL and the secondary is not as bad as it looked in the first half. You cannot shut down any NFL offense with zone defense. It just does not work. There isn't a QB in the NFL that cannot pick apart a zone yet we always seem to be in that defene in crucial situations.

With time, Keenum picked us apart. Plenty of better QBs to come.