• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins DB DeAngelo Hall has agreed to a pay cut.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and nobody can make shit smell like flowers ...

folks blowing assignments is not acceptable ...

folks unable to perform at their position ... also unacceptable

but ... there is a possibility ... with the addition swearinger ...

that CB wont be left on an island like breeland was in week one vs antonio brown

& IF ... thats a big IF ... they can fill the roster with a secondary that can perform mentally & physically on the field

THEN having a on the field coach ... while i hear you when you say its a luxury we can not afford ... is still a valuable asset for alot of development off the field we do not witness.
Problem is - that's what we've seen - WITH HIM. If there was a benefit to having him, we would have seen it. We haven't.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is - that's what we've seen - WITH HIM. If there was a benefit to having him, we would have seen it. We haven't.
well 6 games does not make a career and until someone throws him off the field with their play that is how it is

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been waiting for years for them to finally fix this problem through the draft. Sure they have 2 new safeties and everyone seems to think that is some big improvement. I see a 2nd year man who has barely played and is playing a new position and a guy who is on his 4th team in 4 years after being released twice.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been waiting for years for them to finally fix this problem through the draft. Sure they have 2 new safeties and everyone seems to think that is some big improvement. I see a 2nd year man who has barely played and is playing a new position and a guy who is on his 4th team in 4 years after being released twice.
I share your concerns. We have been applying band aids to the safety position since Taylor's death. I give the Cravens experiment a 20% chance of working.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are definitely reasons to question Cravens, but I give him the benefit of the doubt for last season because he was a rookie being asked to play OLBer when he was clearly too small to play the position without getting his ass physically handed to him, and he was being coached by an epically bad D-Coordinator. Now, they've made it clear to him that he'll only play safety, so hopefully the immaturity he showed last year will be a thing of the past.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason to be down on them until you see it on the field. :noidea:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has that worked the last two seasons?

That's not really a fair question to Hall. At least not as it concerns last year when he only played in 3 games. And speaking of 3 games. 3 games played in 2016, 11 games played in 2015, 3 games played in 2014. That's 31 games not played due to injury over the last 3 years. That's not a very good sign at all.

I'm a DHall fan and I see the rationale to keeping him as a mentor/leader. I also see the rationale to cutting bait with the old and seeing what we have in the new. At this point I think I roll with the latter. Lets see what the new pups can do. If its all about mentoring for DHall now, give him a gig as a coach.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not really a fair question to Hall. At least not as it concerns last year when he only played in 3 games. And speaking of 3 games. 3 games played in 2016, 11 games played in 2015, 3 games played in 2014. That's 31 games not played due to injury over the last 3 years. That's not a very good sign at all.

I'm a DHall fan and I see the rationale to keeping him as a mentor/leader. I also see the rationale to cutting bait with the old and seeing what we have in the new. At this point I think I roll with the latter. Lets see what the new pups can do. If its all about mentoring for DHall now, give him a gig as a coach.

I actually like Hall as well. I also see the importance of mentors. I think the highest paid corner in the league should be that mentor.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Hall as well. I also see the importance of mentors. I think the highest paid corner in the league should be that mentor.
I agree. But I think it might be hard to get trumaine Johnson to come over from the rams to mentor our young guys!:D