• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds VS Pirates

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ludwick batting 2nd, Am I the only one scratching my head over that? I have been working a lot over the last few weeks, so maybe this is nothing new for Dusty's lineup. but for a must win series. This seems odd to me to put a slow power hitter batting 2nd. Then its Dusty's lineup.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Banks Project has been great for the Reds and the city. It has really revitalized the riverfront. And, as 1507 pointed out, the girls at Toby Keith's ain't bad.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long time season ticket holder, I tend to think this year's attendance has gotten more of a boost from the excitement created from the "Banks" than the play of the home team. Having been to many games at Crosley and Riverfront, it's a different experience inside and outside of the ball park at GABP. Even though GABP is not new, the "Banks" has added the sort of the buzz that a new ball park adds which always increases attendance initially.

Only got to see one game there this year (against Cardinals on a Saturday night) so the mood was festive, and probably as connected to baseball as to babes. But I think a LOT of people go to the ballgame because it's the "in thing" to do ...

Over half of any baseball fan base now is so completely divorced from the game as to be useless. I go to games and start chatting with people. The ones who know something about what's going on will be interesting. Everybody else, I'm checkin' out the guy's wife ... and she probably is OK with that.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, as a Reds fan and a baseball junkie, I like fans in the stands regardless of their knowledge of the game. I ll take trendies, Cubs fans, drunks as long as they're not obnoxious or nauseous, kids as long as I'm not getting kicked in the back or gum in my hair, as long as they're chipping in on the payroll.

Hate to say it, but the worst for fan cluelessness are diamond seats at GABP. it could br a polo game gor most of those clowns. Scout seats are highest IQ, if the scouts are working, and the loudest rooters are in the rafters. Drunkest are at the party deck (of course) and the best looking ladies are in infield boxes behind the dugout ( team tickets). There are no bad seats. I like the sun/moon deck when it not blazing hot, cause lots of regulars there, and restrooms are close and less crowded. Armed Services people & families always back there in Bruce's gift seats- always fired up.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are flatter than Dusty Bakers brain scan. Burnett is a career .500 pitcher. Reds make him look like Cy Young....and Jonathan Neise...and..on and on.

Hate to say it, this team bailed about 2 weeks ago in the Cubs series. Call the coroner, this team has expired.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is flatlining. The leaders on this team like Votto, BP, and Bruce are sleepwalking. It's hard to take Dusty seriously when he's talking about how playing with a sense of urgency is harmful. Well, it can't be any worse than whatever the hell you would call this crapfest.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only urgency I've ever seen from Dusty is pushing for his 2 year contracts. It kills me how Dusty talks about Reds pitching not holding up when his offense scores 1 run. Im also tired of hearing what great games the opponents pitchers had. The Rockies, Cubs, Brewers and Mets all had stud pitchers too I guess...kinda like Charlie Morton tomorrow...and id like to hear Ludwick's take on the Reds crowd that he insinuated was responsible for the Reds low energy against the Mets, after they booed him after every one of his failed at bats tonight...with a higher degree of energy, than Ludwick has shown this season, I might add.

This team needed to have a sense of urgency starting about a month ago, even though 2 year Dusty says urgency is dangerous...not as dangerous as flatlining three weeks before the season ends, I'd say.

These guys have looked like they'd rather be mowing grass for a while now. Other than the Lastros, they haven't win a series against a sub .500 team in a month. I don't know what the problem is, but they look like they're starting the offseason just one day later than the rest of those bum teams that won series from them but didnt come close to making the post season.

Big underperformance this year, IMO.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddle: What's the difference between the Astros and the Reds?
Answer: The Astros knew in March that they sucked. The Reds decided to string us out until September.

I am absolutely amazed at how poorly this team has been managed.
And the 5th inning was a microcosm ...

Hate to tell Banana Bob this, but when you get 40,000 at the ballpark, you'd better intend to show up to play with some heart. Those 40,000 rapidly shrink to 30,000 and then 20,000 ... doesn't take long before you need to spend another generation to get them back.

Last edited by a moderator:

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have thought the village idiot would have PH for Homer in the 5th inning last night in a big game but he didn't. Sends him back out to give up a 2 Run Homer when he knew Homer didn't have it last night. 50/50 balls to strike ratio for Homer at that point and consistently getting behind hitters. Goddamn it Dustbucket is so bad is almost comical.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be long and we will be talking about next year. I actually don't know if I have the heart to keep following a team that doesn't seem to care if they are winning or losing. I don't know if I have ever seen a Reds team more frustrating, than what I have seen this year. something needs to be done. They need a change.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's lineup has been posted, Hmmm...... same 1-8 as last night.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say that if the Reds lose Tuesday or inevitably anywhere along the way, I will not be disappointed. The disappointment left me weeks ago and it was completely drained on Wednesday. There's no way I intend to jack up for ONE MORE bash in the face with a bucket of cold water. If they win Tuesday, fine.
if not, I have no reason to be upset anymore.

I won't cheer for the guys left standing. Screw the Parrots and their punks. Screw the arrogant Cardinals. Screw the money-bags Dodgers. Screw the Atlantas -- creepy jerks and their racist tomahawk chant.

Screw Boston, (I hate Cleveland) and piss on Detroit. Oakland can go climb a tree and any team that plays in Florida deserves to be rained out. That leaves the Rangers, and I hope they choke again.

But at least the Yankees aren't in it.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be an A's fan once the Reds are out. Gotta pull for a team with one of the smallest payrolls in the MLB.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa bay has a dome stadium, can't be rained out,

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty said "urgency is dangerous"...as the Reds finished a month where they lost the division by less games than winning series against the Rockies, Cubs, Brewers and Mets would have gained them. Never mind being swept by a Pirates team that played their bench in the finale...I hope Dusty is right- and the Reds sense if urgency to win is dangerous for Dusty- who still hasn't win a home playoff game with the Reds in his 6 years here.

The Reds finally have their backs against the wall where they HAVE to win the next game. Players and staff are already lining up excuses...as Dusty picks the roster he'll take to that game of urgency on Tuesday.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, it's fans like us that are the cancer of baseball.
We spend way too much time watching the games and we bitch way too much.
I guess we just don't understand. It's all our fault because we bitch too much.

Right, Rev. Beggs?

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, it's fans like us that are the cancer of baseball.
We spend way too much time watching the games and we bitch way too much.
I guess we just don't understand. It's all our fault because we bitch too much.

Right, Rev. Beggs?

Apparently Rev. Beggs has taken a vacation. Curious timing seeing as he was preaching hellfire right before this past series....

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as fans we are entitled to an opinion and if these forums serve no other purpose than to let us vent, I say they are well worth the trouble. I can't yell at my cat.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bitch too much. I do most of it here, and the rest in front of the TV. I try to bight my lip at GABP, in respect of the fans next to me mostly, and some because I've been in the dugout when fans booed...it's a bummer. IMO, Reds fans are among the most knowledgable, and don't just boo for little reason. Ludwick's ill timed whine about the fans lack of energy insinuating it "causing" the Reds lack of energy against the Mets, garnered some negative response toward him- AFTER he made outs- that's important- they didn't boo him coming to the plate or being introduced- they waited until he failed.

At any rate, I believe the fans will be behind the Reds if they play to their potential, and current expectations- which should be to win a post season series at least. This isn't a team without a .500 season in a decade or more anymore. It's a team that should have already done better than they have.