• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds VS Pirates

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go! This weekend we can jump over the Pirates and get closer to first, which I think our Reds will do. A sweep would be awesome and I wouldnt be surprised if it happen. Our Reds are better and should be able to take care of the Buccos. Both teams have had a great year and Its definitely gonna be a exciting series and im ready to watch the Reds kick some ass in Pittsburgh. GO REDS!!!

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was quite a game. Great to see a team OTHER than the Reds blunder their way to a loss.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great game, a great team effort by the Reds. As I've always believed, speed on the bases forces teams to do things they don't want to do, and they make more mistakes. Hamilton is a weapon the Reds better not ignore when putting the playoff roster together.

I don't like a one game playoff, and I don't like starting on the road, but the Cardinals are a little more best up than the Reds, don't have an answer for Hamilton, and a strong finish isn't out of the question for the Reds. They just have to play like a team foreign to Dusty Baker- no mental mistakes, aggressive baserunning, and keep the most likely to fail out of the game- the less we see Reynolds, Ondrusek, Parra, Izturis, Hannahan, Heisey, and Dusty Baker...the better chance of not embarrassing themselves.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am elated to beat shitzburgh especially when the 3rd out of the inning is in your glove and you sail it in the stands. Epic gaggery by the Pirates. But what does it say about the Reds? Maybe they are not quitters. They finally showed a little bit of emotion in the dugout which is good. Maybe this will jump start this club and get them hot so they can take the division. I like the way DustMop has used Hamilton so far. In tight 1 run games, Hamilton can give you that .5 run advantage. He clearly disrupts the other team in a powerful way. Pinch running BH and double switching in late innings with the LF'r will be DustMop's best ploy. So far he has handled it extremely well. Reds need to sweep this series in order to put the heat on the Cards. Force them to keep the foot on the pedal.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What blew chunks is the Brewers had the bags gagged and 1 out ... our old friend Carlos Gomez, known for stealing HR balls at the wall, hit a GIDP in the 9th. Birds dodged a major artillery shell.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a incredible WIN last night, just amazing. Hopefully tonight we get the game in, suppose to be alot of rain in the Pittsburgh area.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo nor Hamilton in the lineup tonight. Robinson and Ludwick. Dusty feeling sorry for the Pirates, and giving them a chance to get even or what ? I don't get it.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Heisey didn't get the start....

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The standard Reds offensive philosophy on display again tonight -- 5 hits against a decent, but not great pitcher ... made him look like a Cy Young winner. Not much better than the night before. Hurdle just fixed his problem. Dusty didn't. I won't endeavor to evaluate strategy. This team would be the Marlins if they had bad pitching.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense decides another game, I think we blast YoYo, but you guys might blast Locke too.

I'd take Liriano over Latos at either ball park in the WC, but thats still a coin flip anyway you look at it.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that the Reds are destine for the last wild card spot. Unless the Nats catch them. Doesn't seem Dusty cares one way or another. He will probably rest Votto and Phillips both in the wild card game.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latos isn't a given for a W.C. start. Cueto may be ready by then.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty isn't going to not start Arroyo in the playoffs, he's the senior guy. I wouldn't, but Dusty will find a way to start Leake too, just because he was Fustys best excuse for the Chapman decision, and of course he's always looking for an ally, just in case someone ever discusses firing him. I don't know why, but the word is, Dusty's already made his mind up to put Cueto in the playoff pen.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is, Dusty has lots of quality pitching options. The bad news is he has several non quality options too. Duke has no business on a playoff roster.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single Reds rotation guy has laid an egg this month.
Most of them have had a quality start, except Latos. I think Latos is tipping his pitches again.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just me, but Homer Bailey might be the guy the Pirates have the fewest answers for, other than if they started Aroldis Chapman and had him go the first 3 inning or so...and of course no one has answered for Billy Hamilton right now.

The Reds have more tools, IMO, than the Pirates, but in a one game playoff, I trust Dusty least to be able to choose the right tools, and use them to the Reds advantage. Dusty makes lots of mistakes, and his post season record shows he makes more of them against better competition, where they most often result in losses. If nothing else, Dusty may be the best at preparing his team for a miracle, because his frequent blunders often forces a miracle in order to win.

Regardless of how it turns out, the Pirates should be commended for a great year, and not many people can accuse Clint Hurdle of underperforming.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would go with Bailey in a one game playoff. Latos has been the guy all year but there's always the chance the pressure of the moment will cause him to melt down. Bailey has the best combination of overpowering stuff and maturity imo.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cueto can get his pitch count up to the 100 range and has no ill effects, I think you'll see Cueto in the one game playoff if that is indeed where the Reds end up.

Latos and Bailey are scheduled to pitch game numbers 160 and 161, and Arroyo is schedule to pitch the final game. The playoff game would fall on Cueto's day to pitch.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty hasn't committed to anything yet on a playoff roster or plan. I shudder just thinking about it.