• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds VS Cardinals

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watched the video clip, DustMop didn't even take up for BP. He took the attitude that he wasn't involved in the argument between BP and the reporter. Consistent with his please everybody attitude.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now you're just looking for reasons to get down on baker, whether they are real or not. baker handled that situation with phillips and rosecrans correctly. if brandon has trouble with rosecran's negativity, i invite him to read this board. don't misinterpret what i'm saying here. everybody has a right to post whatever they want, but brandon got personal. i'm sure he regrets that for reasons that go beyond the obvious professional ones. concoct any professional setting you want to involving your own friends, bosses, colleagues, and business associates. plug them in haphazardly in the roles of phillips, baker, and rosecrans. how would that meeting go? in my world, people would be fired or suspended. if you can't explain your position without getting personal it exhibits a lack of mental acuity and self control that, in the end, people won't deal with. you can't defend the indefensible. when somebody takes it in that direction (fmf) it polarizes the discussion and usually shuts it down. measured thoughtful debate stops. emotion trumps intellect. baker did the right thing by trying to diffuse it asap. btw, i read c. trent's articles. he may be a younger money ball type, but he's not overly negative. i wonder what brandon would call joel sherman?

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, BP called him a fat ass. If Rosecrans had called BP a whiney ass bitch, then maybe Scott Rolen would have to step in to keep BP from getting beat up(again). BP is not a diplomat. Dusty played it down- it's all he could do. BP tweets...cool when he's schmoozing w/fans, not so much when he's taking credit for a lineup change that should have been done 5 months ago...he stepped on Dusty there, even if it is true.

Unless you cite the whole lack if leadership thing, I don't see how Dusty is responsible in BPs tirade.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least last night was a better answer. I don't expect a lineup change to make this offense do what we saw last night, but I've believed all along that the key to offense is getting as many runners on as possible, and making the opposition do things they don't prefer to do. They still walked Votto, but had to work harder at it, and were forced to pitch to the most HR likely guy (Bruce) with runners on. It reduced their options, and forced them into pressured defense.

The Reds still have to hit, but with the best hitters they have grouped together, it leaves the opposition with fewer easy options. We can't know for sure, but it may bring more confidence to the offense, and that in turn may pick up the attitude done. It can't hurt.

:agree:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wainright getting rocked again! :D

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think these guys could do that to many other pitchers who are not nearly as good as Whineright, wouldn't one? One thing for sure though-- he's no Chris Crapenter.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their entire rotation sans Kelly is looking real hittable lately, I think they are going to have a crappy month.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game#2 of this series (Reds vs Cards) is the most important game of the year for the Reds. They are either gonna push or be pushed. It is that simple. So if we have been holding back and waiting for that late push, now is the time. After getting Rocked in Colorado, it is put up or shut up time now. No excuses. If you can go up 2-0, then you have a good chance of getting 3-4 or a sweep. If we falter and split and or lose the next 3, then my assessment of this junk wagon was correct. I hope I am wrong.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game#2 of this series (Reds vs Cards) is the most important game of the year for the Reds. They are either gonna push or be pushed. It is that simple. So if we have been holding back and waiting for that late push, now is the time. After getting Rocked in Colorado, it is put up or shut up time now. No excuses. If you can go up 2-0, then you have a good chance of getting 3-4 or a sweep. If we falter and split and or lose the next 3, then my assessment of this junk wagon was correct. I hope I am wrong.

I believe you nailed it......

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand, the Reds have lost their last 3 SERIES, 2 of which were against sub .500 teams...the weakness of the NL makes the D-Backs chances of catching a wildcard spot slim at best...you cant upset the pitching rotation to match up better in Coors (Arroyo and Leake are NOT built for that stadium)but at least it might have set up more attractive options agaonst the Cardinals...the Reds just can't keep losing series if they hope to hang in there, and they really need to win series against the Cards and Pirates and WIN the DIVISION if they are serious about winning anything in post season. If nothing else, this team has shown me they can't be trusted in ANY single game, or short series for that matter.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey v Wacka

Molina and Beltran are iffy...or resting for playoffs. Reds need badly to take advantage and win this one.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else this season has shown us. Is how weak the NL is. I really believe we have seen a lot better Reds teams (as far as hitting) in the last 10 years, with worse records.

Time for Reds to put up, or shut up. And I hope I am wrong but I think we they will shut up. At least by what we have seen out of them the last 6 weeks.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else this season has shown us. Is how weak the NL is. I really believe we have seen a lot better Reds teams (as far as hitting) in the last 10 years, with worse records.

That's a good point. The playoff field in the NL is pretty much set barring a major choke job by the Reds (which, I guess, is entirely possible). The only question that remains is seeding. That the Reds have underachieved yet still find themselves in the playoff conversation is testament to how weak the NL is. That said, I think all 5 of the other teams are better playoff teams than the Reds. Why? Because the Reds are not only one of the most poorly managed least fundamental teams among contenders; they're one of the worst teams in those two areas in the entire MLB.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this series a must win?

Nice hit by Cozart. :clap:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, sorry for sounding like a broken record but here I go again.

Why IN THE WORLD is it that evertime the Cards are at bat, Brennaman goes on and on and on and on about how great they are offensively (he's THE BEST over the last F-O-R-T-Y Y-E-A-R-S, Chris. 40 yrs!!!) yet when the Reds get up to bat, they go silent.

Wins and losses are what matter and you can't tell me that the Cards are THAT much better than the Reds.

I hate listening to a game on mute but he's unbearable to me any longer.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Reds come up and what does he talk about? Roidier's gold gloves!!!

:gaah:

No mention of Johnny Bench, all Roidier's greatness.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch most games with the mute on.
None of these announcers has had squat to say since the first time around the league.
Zero insight. PBP guys are supposed to know stuff, not ramble on about irrelevant shit.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight was the biggest win of the year (Game 2). Just watching the game it felt electric and so exciting especially when Billy Hamilton came in and stole 2nd. If that game dont pump you up I dont know what will. The Reds are coming, they will win this division and I have said it since day one.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a big win, for sure.

Unfortunately, the Reds are still 3-1/2 games back of winning the division, which is the only real goal at this point. The Reds have several more head to head chances at the teams ahead of them...but can't lose series with the other teams in between, and finish any higher than they are now. They have to win every game they can, and hope the Pirates and Cards win about 4 less than the Reds do, the rest the way out.

The Reds pitching has been dominant with Latos and Bailey the last 2 games, and Chapman was suprizingly under control after not pitching in 10 days ( how can that happen?)...but the offense sputtered yesterday, with Frazier and Cozart exposing more holes in their games by being clueless at getting a sac bunt down. Hamilton could give the team a new dimension, if he's used correctly, but a pinch runner is a luxury most post season rosters can't afford, if he can't also demonstrate he can get on base too. I'm anxious to see him with the bat, but skeptical he'll get AB's other than a rare pinch hit appearence in a game out of reach.

The Reds can win with great pitching, but after Latos and Bailey, it could be a thin rotation. Leake seems to have fallen back to earth, and Arroyo showed he can be pounded in a small park at any time. With Cingrani on the DL, there is no LHSP, and Reynolds is a reclaimation project...Cueto ?? May not be enough time left for him this year.

3-1/2 games is more than you may think, in just 3-1/2 weeks.