• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds VS Cardinals

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what the MLB average is with 2 outs ? It's .200...someone should tell Thom that.

This team has the baseball IQ of Dusty Baker. 3b coach Mark Berry loses a trailing runner at least once a month. Ironically, if this team won one more game a month, they would be in first place. The Reds TV media are forbidden from criticizing Dusty or his dugout staff, and even in extolling the Cardinals superiority in every conceivable category, Thom suggests that it is that, not the inability of elementary fundamentals by the Clown College of Coaches the Reds employ, as the reason they get humiliated by the Cardinals.

It's bad enough when the Reds play this bad, but I don't appreciate the Reds media blowing smoke up fans ass about why they suck. The bottom line is, Dusty Baker sucks and allows half this team to suck on a daily basis. It's a heck of a lot easier and cheaper to bounce a manager with one year on his contract, than half a roster.

It would send a message- It's not good enough. It's a better motivator than Dusty's old stand by "we're just waiting to go on a run".

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds' lineup is a black hole with 2 out and RISP. I'd say that's probably the largest difference between the Cards and the Reds.

That, and the manager and coaches dont make 3 gaffes a week...and they have about 3 more .300 hitters than the Reds do.

The Reds don't hit worse than the normal MLB team with 2 outs, the Cardinals just hit a whole lot better than the average this year. The Reds real problem is LACK of runners in scoring position with LESS than 2 outs...and THIER MASSIVE LOB, due to total inability to move runners without a 2 out hit or a homer... or error or bases loaded walk by the opposition.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done for the night.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching staff is a joke. Team continues to shit down leg when playing the Cardinals.

Nothing new.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And HD, you can hate on Thom for what he says on air, but if you're watching the game on MLB Network (like I have to do right now) and are seeing the Cards announcers, they're calling the Reds out for not hustling, looking down and out, and Dusty for not knowing how to get his team up against the Cards.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is pretty much true hokie

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And HD, you can hate on Thom for what he says on air, but if you're watching the game on MLB Network (like I have to do right now) and are seeing the Cards announcers, they're calling the Reds out for not hustling, looking down and out, and Dusty for not knowing how to get his team up against the Cards.

I totally agree on this. The Reds have now fully acquired the Dusty Baker personality. They just seem to play like they don't care. You wouldn't even need to listen the Cardinal announcers to see this. Way to much talent on this Reds team to play with such little urgency.

If Baker managed this Cardinal team they are probably eight games out. I will be shocked if ever gets another team loaded with young talent like he has done three times now.

I have listened to Thom Brennaman a lot living here in Arizona. He got to see some really good Diamondback teams. He knows though that this team is not performing under Dusty Baker. Its easy to see when there is mental mistake after mental mistake nightly. This clown needs to pack his bags and move back to Sactown.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the replay last night, you could see 3b coach Mark Berry windmilling Bruce around 3b, and Cozart to 3b, then with Bruce 2 strides toward the plate, throwing up the stop sign. BOTH players were 2 steps from the 3b bag by the time they could apply the brakes. The Reds media blasted the baserunners, when in fact, it was Mark Berry's bad/late signal that provided the rally killing out.

This is typical of the Reds suicide by stupidity, especially previlent against better teams, who just don't often throw the ball into the stands or behind a runner, making the Reds look like bad Little Leagers. Plate philosophy and situational defense have similar fundamental breakdowns. It's one thing to suggest players have arrived in MLB without good fundamentals, but another to say they still haven't learned anything by their 3-4-5th year in MLB. Dusty Bakers "style" is to observe, not manage. His staff, with P coach Bryan Price as a possible exception, appear to be going through the motions most of the time, as well.

IMO, no one could spend a lifetime in baseball and NOT know the difference...these guys are complacent with mediocrity. They can point to how many games over .500 the team is, and call that winning, but the truth is, they aren't winning enough, specifically against teams that DO have a chance to win a playoff game or series. Every team has roster holes...but championship caliber teams aren't stupid. They minimize mental mistakes, and THAT has to be driven by the dugout staff.

The Reds media help sell the Reds bad baseball as the fault of bad ingredients (players) instead of a bad recipe prepared by a careless and kitchen staff (dugout) and that just helps support the status quo. This team almost NEVER plays a game executing an entire game without a mental error. The only routine aggression on offense is the swingaholic plate philosophy.

I can understand losing a game with Parra and Hoover or even Cingrani, and calling it tough luck you lost Broxton, Marshall or Cueto. This team hasn't lost many games due to pitching. They've lost games because of inept baserunning and general inadequate offense. It isn't rocket science...Sometimes the Reds hit, hit homers, get 2 out hits, draw walks, don't hit into DP's, Votto gets pitches to drive with runners on, Phillips doesn't pull off the ball, Choo and Bruce hit a lefty, and the others chip in too. Frankly, it doesn't happen as often playing teams with enough talent to follow the scouting report, and not make mistakes themselves. In order for the Reds to BE one of those teams they first have to get smarter, then execute better...one can't happen without the other. IMO, you can't expect different results doing the same failed things.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the replay last night, you could see 3b coach Mark Berry windmilling Bruce around 3b, and Cozart to 3b, then with Bruce 2 strides toward the plate, throwing up the stop sign. BOTH players were 2 steps from the 3b bag by the time they could apply the brakes. The Reds media blasted the baserunners, when in fact, it was Mark Berry's bad/late signal that provided the rally killing out.

This is typical of the Reds suicide by stupidity, especially previlent against better teams, who just don't often throw the ball into the stands or behind a runner, making the Reds look like bad Little Leagers. Plate philosophy and situational defense have similar fundamental breakdowns. It's one thing to suggest players have arrived in MLB without good fundamentals, but another to say they still haven't learned anything by their 3-4-5th year in MLB. Dusty Bakers "style" is to observe, not manage. His staff, with P coach Bryan Price as a possible exception, appear to be going through the motions most of the time, as well.

IMO, no one could spend a lifetime in baseball and NOT know the difference...these guys are complacent with mediocrity. They can point to how many games over .500 the team is, and call that winning, but the truth is, they aren't winning enough, specifically against teams that DO have a chance to win a playoff game or series. Every team has roster holes...but championship caliber teams aren't stupid. They minimize mental mistakes, and THAT has to be driven by the dugout staff.

The Reds media help sell the Reds bad baseball as the fault of bad ingredients (players) instead of a bad recipe prepared by a careless and kitchen staff (dugout) and that just helps support the status quo. This team almost NEVER plays a game executing an entire game without a mental error. The only routine aggression on offense is the swingaholic plate philosophy.

I can understand losing a game with Parra and Hoover or even Cingrani, and calling it tough luck you lost Broxton, Marshall or Cueto. This team hasn't lost many games due to pitching. They've lost games because of inept baserunning and general inadequate offense. It isn't rocket science...Sometimes the Reds hit, hit homers, get 2 out hits, draw walks, don't hit into DP's, Votto gets pitches to drive with runners on, Phillips doesn't pull off the ball, Choo and Bruce hit a lefty, and the others chip in too. Frankly, it doesn't happen as often playing teams with enough talent to follow the scouting report, and not make mistakes themselves. In order for the Reds to BE one of those teams they first have to get smarter, then execute better...one can't happen without the other. IMO, you can't expect different results doing the same failed things.

Probably the most well spoken response I have read in the last 4 years!! Sir that was so well put, I am buying you a steak dinner for clarity and preciseness. Absolutely fantastic observation. Give this man 5 stars!

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BP tweeted after last nights loss that he talked to baker about a change in his role...and here its!
1.Choo
2.BP!!!!
3.Votto
4.Bruce
5.Ludwick
6.Frazier
7.Cozart
8.Hanigan
9.Bailey
I'm lovin this lineup, GO REDS! Win today and we are still just 3.5 games out.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if there wasn't anything more ridiculous.
The player telling the manager how to manage and getting away with it.
Yep, I've made all the comments on this absurd operation that I care to make.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it makes SO much more sense. Dusty's pre-game he said he didn't like back to back lefties (Votto/Bruce) but by the 7th inning hopefully they would have a lead...doesn't he know that Bruce and Votto both hit lefties better than Phillips ? Dusty is either too stubborn, or too stupid to make this change after hitting an out in the 2 hole until NOW ? The man is a losesaholic..

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, all that ends well is success. The Reds can do more than win today. Is suggest they start today.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was baker's decision to put phillips in the 2-hole. brandon's tweet is a little misleading. but, i'm curious if any of you guys know which reporter it was that phillips went after (verbally) earlier today? wow, pretty darn vicious. phillips was pissed at the reporter who was questioning the move based on brandon's obp. he really lit into him about being negative even though a shake up was definitely warranted.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe that's some of that needed anger you were referencing 1507.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No coincidence that Bruce went off tonight in the cleanup spot. That's the best spot for him in the lineup. Why on earth you would bat the biggest home run threat on your team anywhere but third or fourth is beyond me. I'm not sure why it took Dusty this long to implement this lineup. He must have had to undergo extensive therapy to overcome his paranoia of batting lefties back-to-back.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more proof of the loser that DustMop is. He has fucked up the lineup all year long and I promise you he will gag it again instead of leaving it alone and letting it gel.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least last night was a better answer. I don't expect a lineup change to make this offense do what we saw last night, but I've believed all along that the key to offense is getting as many runners on as possible, and making the opposition do things they don't prefer to do. They still walked Votto, but had to work harder at it, and were forced to pitch to the most HR likely guy (Bruce) with runners on. It reduced their options, and forced them into pressured defense.

The Reds still have to hit, but with the best hitters they have grouped together, it leaves the opposition with fewer easy options. We can't know for sure, but it may bring more confidence to the offense, and that in turn may pick up the attitude done. It can't hurt.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in seeing what Dusty does the next game. Will he stick with this plan or abandon it. Will he give Bruce the day off, "Because he has to get pauly some at bats". I guess we will see

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, sometimes a little bad blood makes for better baseball. I don't question BP's ability to score runs based on the OBP either- and glad he took offense. It's a challenge BP appeared to address rather well last night. I DO think it's good if the Reds feel they have something to prove- I think they do. If nothing else, Tony LaRussa was good at using (and sometimes creating) a chip on the Cards shoulder to push the team.