• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds-Cubs thread

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting from MLB:
Lucky for the Reds, Dusty didn't do this:

Lucky, huh?

ST. LOUIS -- The Cubs may be a sub-.500 team, but they didn't take kindly to having both the Dodgers and the Cardinals alter their rotations against Chicago to save their aces for upcoming series.

The Dodgers moved Zack Greinke so he could face the Cardinals, who skipped Adam Wainright on Saturday, so he could face the Pirates this week. That got the Cubs a little riled up.

"You take anything like that personal," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said Sunday. "Obviously, they're doing what they need to be doing, being in the pennant race. But the guys in that locker room take it to heart. They're saying we're not a very good team and we're going to get by you with this guy or that guy. It's the competitive nature in anybody to take that to heart."

The Cubs got the last word on Saturday, beating the Cardinals, 6-5. Wainwright will start Tuesday against the Pirates, and could face the Cubs next Sunday at Wrigley Field.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Reds would wise up enough to alter their rotation so that Arroyo and Leake get zero starts in the remaining seven games vs the dirty birds. They own soft tossers.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Dusty rested Todd Frazier and Zack Cozart over the Pads series, i assume saving them for the Cubs...but the Padres didn't cry about it, nor did the Cubs... I don't blame them.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STUDWICK is back!!!!!!!!!

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you in love with this guy?

He does have a tight ass.

Anyway as far as this series and the week goes, I think 5 of 7 would be optimal, 4 of 7 acceptable, and anything less a failure.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Caus, the Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny are happy myths with the premise of sweet rewards for faithful, patient and well behaved youngsters. Superheroes championed truth, justice and the American way. Roy Hobbs- now there's a guy that knew how to come back hot.

I have legitimate doubts about Ryan Ludwick really being the Batman everyone has excused this season by bemoaning his absence. I have rarely seen such unfounded value in a player like Ludwick, and fear the eggs he lays won't be filled with sweet treats or hard currency. Just a promise of doing better next year, when he's had months of full speed batting practice and He and Dusty have expiring contracts to play for.

Perhaps by then, the Reds brass will come to realize the road to the World Series isn't always open, and talent no matter how deep, still has to win when there are platoon players and pitchers on the DL, and managers with nearly as many losses as wins don't like to be disagreed with regardless of the facts, but must still be reminded that like extravagant Christmas lists, there comes a day there just are no more big bats under the tree, and not being very good at manufacturing runs isn't a good enough excuse not to try, when you only hit a 3 run homer once a week.

We all have limitations, that affect the opportunities we get. This team is often limited by the opportunities they ignore. Ryan Ludwick can't solve that. Obviously, neither can Dusty Baker, unless Walt Jocketty can play Santa filling Lil Dusty's insatiable dream for another power hitter.

At least you can eat the chocolate bunnies. I hope Ludwick is one of those. Dusty is more like the tooth fairy. The change you get from him usually wasn't worth the worry and pain it took to earn it.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Caus, the Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny are happy myths with the premise of sweet rewards for faithful, patient and well behaved youngsters. Superheroes championed truth, justice and the American way. Roy Hobbs- now there's a guy that knew how to come back hot.

I have legitimate doubts about Ryan Ludwick really being the Batman everyone has excused this season by bemoaning his absence. I have rarely seen such unfounded value in a player like Ludwick, and fear the eggs he lays won't be filled with sweet treats or hard currency. Just a promise of doing better next year, when he's had months of full speed batting practice and He and Dusty have expiring contracts to play for.

Perhaps by then, the Reds brass will come to realize the road to the World Series isn't always open, and talent no matter how deep, still has to win when there are platoon players and pitchers on the DL, and managers with nearly as many losses as wins don't like to be disagreed with regardless of the facts, but must still be reminded that like extravagant Christmas lists, there comes a day there just are no more big bats under the tree, and not being very good at manufacturing runs isn't a good enough excuse not to try, when you only hit a 3 run homer once a week.

We all have limitations, that affect the opportunities we get. This team is often limited by the opportunities they ignore. Ryan Ludwick can't solve that. Obviously, neither can Dusty Baker, unless Walt Jocketty can play Santa filling Lil Dusty's insatiable dream for another power hitter.

At least you can eat the chocolate bunnies. I hope Ludwick is one of those. Dusty is more like the tooth fairy. The change you get from him usually wasn't worth the worry and pain it took to earn it.

I gotta hand it to ya...

These metaphors you come up with are very entertaining.

Even the times they're off-base...still very good. For just these alone, your posts are always worth reading.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7169-floppy-ear-chocolate-easter-bunny-milk-chocolate-1_500x500-thumb-250x250.jpg

Ryan+Ludwick+Arizona+Diamondbacks+v+Cincinnati+IGC707bJ2R3l.jpg

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, it's not a no-hitter.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have Ludwick back

*cough 1st pitch DP cough*

And Votto leads the universe in K's looking. That's my problem with that fucker. For a guy who supposed to have "such a great eye and understanding of the K zone"...he K's looking constantly.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Latos looks nasty tonight.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, yeah ... I get it ... Ludwick needs time to adjust. (Yawn).
It was well-hit. Just tough luck.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem a bit bizarre that a pitch down the middle on 2 strikes ... fuck ... what's the point of looking at it?

Another awesome offensive inning for the Reds.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ............... is this the first time the Reds have seen Travis Wood?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Reds come up with the 8-9-1 guys coming up and there's a lefty on the mound, does it seem likely that they will not get a runner?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Base hit Murphy! Yes!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep K groundout K ... rather predictable.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't understand why we don't steal a few bags with Lake. A piss poor offense, and being shut down tonight again, you'd think we'd want to start something up.